OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

laugh.gif
it's okay

I want all of the guys gone after this season to be claimed through waivers, and see some kids up here next month

Lilly pulled with 87 pitches...for a Brad Ausmus auto pinch hit out, its crazy that the manager gm and owner are truly killing a somewhat talented team (thats prob why Manny aint there
laugh.gif
)

great showing by the dodgers arms tonight. scary to think that in order for teams to beat sd, opposing starting pitchers gotta go 6-7 innings deep and have a shut down set up and closer. LA is so sick in the 8 and 9 and they got it done tonight but they need that 0-1 runs allowed in order to have a chance vs sd.

sd vs sf is gonna be a sick showdown. unfortunately for LA and Colorado, they will need help from the baseball gods for them to have a chance of post season play. sd and sf are playing good ball and have shown this for a while now.

i love the NL west

i would like to see this become a 4 team race in 3 weeks having only 2 games separate the 4 teams. that would be sweet

That's Joe Torre for you, Mr. Match Up.

He loves that bullpen.  The comments started coming after Donnie Baseball left Billingsley in the game a couple of weeks ago to get the complete game shutout (126 pitches).  Maybe the starting staff starts looking over their shoulder after the 6th inning, 'cause that's when Torre automatically goes to a pinch hitter and then a over used bullpen arm.

There have been plenty of pitching changes that have been questioned throughout his tenure, but this year it has been comically blatant.  We were warned by Yankee fans about Torre over using bullpen arms, but who the hell would've known that Torre would be rockin' a "I <3 Pinch Hitters" t-shirt under his jacket.  It's a given that after the 6th inning, no matter how good the SP is doing or how low the pitch count is, Torre would pinch hit.  Ironically, Torre also loves over the hill veterans that have no business on the team.  Mark Sweeney (2008), Garrett Anderson and Ronnie Belliard (2009) are automatic outs at this point.  Ausmus at least has a purpose (backup Catcher), the bench options are thin, Torre was probably trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

I want all of the guys gone after this season to be claimed through waivers, and see some kids up here next month
What kids?

Ned Colletti loves experience and grit.

great showing by the dodgers arms tonight. scary to think that in order for teams to beat sd, opposing starting pitchers gotta go 6-7 innings deep and have a shut down set up and closer. LA is so sick in the 8 and 9 and they got it done tonight but they need that 0-1 runs allowed in order to have a chance vs sd
grin.gif
  We actually do really well against the Padres.  The fact that our bats have not shown up since the All Star break is making matters worse.  We can't score against anybody, it is not exclusive to the Padres.  Look at our record against the NL West before the All Star break, we owned everyone.  However, since the bats are not around we lost a series to SD in PetCo (Dodgers home away from home), got swept in Frisco and a possible split at Dodger Stadium against the Fathers.

It's not hard for the starters to go 6-7 innings deep against the Padres, they are not exactly an offensive powerhouse.  They are fundamentally sound, but are still offensively flawed.  The goal is to score 3-4 runs against them (excluding Monday's debacle), and it usually leads to a game in the win column.  At this point we just can't score, not just against the Padres, against anyone. 

We are averaging 2.1 freaking runs a game since the All Star game.  Absolutely pathetic.

yeah my bad for giving LA credit. the bums stand no chance this season. wheres paul konerko and todd hollandsworth when we need em?

you guys could win out the rest of the regular season and id still watch the playoffs knowing the padres would choke it away. its a san diego sports tradition.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

you guys could win out the rest of the regular season and id still watch the playoffs knowing the padres would choke it away. its a san diego sports tradition.
peep the sig.  i know it all so well

and while i was typing this, them damn dodgers just scored 2 more runs....7-0 smh

damn it and a home run  2 more....9-0

im going tomorrow. 2 wins in a row, id bet that 562 is going tomorrow too. probably even splurging on some reserve seats eh?

I was there tonight, just got home.

Not even "trying" to be a stiff, but outside of Padillas gem, I was unimpressed and uninterested in the happenings on the field. I think i've officially mentally checked out. Usually i'd have been cheering on, but it didnt do a thing to me tonight.

Kinda sad, but oh well. Outside of Kemp bobblehead and blanket night which were purchased in May I dont see myself dropping any more this season, unless its one of those $1 tickets we discussed a few pages back

I still see the oil drippings from the garlic fries on your shirt, we don't believe you.

Padilla-Beast!

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I still see the oil drippings from the garlic fries on your shirt, we don't believe you.
laugh.gif
nahh

So if the bidding on a franchise such as the Rangers goes for $585 million (after their debt added on)

What would the Dodgers fetch?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif
nahh

So if the bidding on a franchise such as the Rangers goes for $585 million (after their debt added on)

What would the Dodgers fetch?

Minimum under a quarter billion away from 1 billion.   750 million and up, I'd say.

The Matt Kemp bobblehead night will be my last game of the season, unless those $1 tickets that were campaigned by IYN and 562, miraculously come to fruition.    Then an NT summit is much needed
nerd.gif

When I brought up the $1 tickets, I was speaking on the cheap ones you can find pretty much throughout the rest of the season on stubhub.

Even on CL you can find pocket change deals, we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom