OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

See ya Russ. Good luck in NY.
They're gonna eat you alive when you're hitting .225 with 3 homeruns at the break.
My wife is devastated. Not only did her "boyfriend" leave, but he went to the Yankees.
laugh.gif

-J-

My cousin is the same
laugh.gif
. She had a whole little shrine and everything.

Good for Russ. Doubt he gets eaten alive since he probably will not be ready by opening day. The way basebal contracts work we couldn't offer less than $4 million. I doubt he got that from the Yankees. I'm interested in contract details as well. The front office wanted to keep him in Dodger blue , he just didn't want to budge. He wouldn't go below $4.5 million.

molly_knight
What I heard re Martin talks: agent wanted $5MM, Dodgers reluctantly bumped offer to 4.2 with time running out. Martin opted to test waters.

molly_knight
There was talk that Martin's agent (who doesn't have many clients) overplayed his hand and wouldn't find another team that would offer more

molly_knight
I guess he got close enough. And if you ask 100 guys in baseball what the best organization is, 80 will say Yanks. I know because I did this

Just saw this on MBTR

Russell Martin needs knee surgery, but the Yankees don't consider the injury serious, so they signed him anyway, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

I understand it's not serious, but he's a catcher coming off a broken hip and now he needs minor knee surgery?

-J-

laugh all you want guys, i bet he has a good year there. dudes gonna be playing for an overpaid yankees contract this year. his testosterone levels are probably already down to an all time low.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i wanted Greinke
frown.gif

Everyone does, but what he was set to command from us, i'll pass.
Ned has already sodomized our MiLB well, after such a move we'd be done. mid-late 90's status.

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][h1]Dodgers’ McCourt Objects to Ruling on Postnuptial[/h1]
(Updates with court filing in second paragraph.)

Dec. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Los Angeles Dodgers’ owner Frank McCourt filed objections to a California judge’s tentative decision invalidating a postnuptial agreement that McCourt says makes the Major League Baseball team his sole property.

In his Dec. 7 decision, California Superior Court Judge Scott M. Gordon incorrectly suggested that an entire paragraph of the 2004 postnuptial would need to be severed in so far as it dealt with a conversion of marital property that didn’t meet requirements under California law, lawyers for McCourt said in today’s filing.

Only part of that paragraph needs to be cut and the enforceability of the remainder of the agreement should be reconsidered based on only that change, according to McCourt’s filing.

Frank McCourt and his ex-wife Jamie went to trial over the enforceability of the postnuptial agreement in September. Frank McCourt argued that his wife sought the agreement to protect the homes that were in her name against the liabilities he took on to buy the team in 2004. Jamie McCourt testified she never knowingly would have given up her rights to Dodgers.

Dennis Wasser, a lawyer for Jamie McCourt, said in a phone interview that he disagrees with Frank McCourt’s objections, which Wasser said repeat arguments already made during the trial.

The case is McCourt v. McCourt, BD514309, Los Angeles County Superior Court (Los Angeles).

--Editors: Michael Hytha, Peter Blumberg.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-12-23/dodgers-mccourt-objects-to-ruling-on-postnuptial.html
[/font]

[h1]Eric Chavez To Work Out With Dodgers, Two AL Clubs[/h1]
By Mark Polishuk [January 5 at 8:46pm CST]

Eric Chavez will work out with the Dodgers on January 20, and has two other private workouts lined up with American League clubs, writes Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.  The AL teams aren't named, but Slusser specifies that the Dodgers are the only southern Californian team in the mix, which counts out the Athletics.  (Twitter link)  We heard last month that Seattle had "checked in" on Chavez, so they could be one of the two mystery teams.

The Dodgers were rumored to have an interest in bringing Chavez in for a workout.  They fit Chavez's preference to remain in southern California and Slusser notes that Chavez has spoken to Don Mattingly.  The left-handed hitting Chavez could be a nice platoon partner with incumbent Dodgers third baseman Casey Blake, a right-handed hitter who only managed a .663 OPS against right-handed pitching last season.

The big question, of course, is Chavez's health.  He has undergone two back surguries and three shoulder surguries in his career and he has played in just 64 games since July 26, 2007.  Chavez told Slusser that his "throwing has been unreal" in workout sessions at the Athletes' Performance center in Arizona (which is of particular interest given Chavez's Gold Glove defense in his prime) but he "needs to see live pitching to judge the hitting accurately."

[table][tr][td]DODGERS MOVE HOME OPENER TO MARCH 31 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
275x235_dodgerstadium_sfvsla.jpg
January 6, 2011 – The Los Angeles Dodgers announced today that Opening Day has been moved to Thursday, March 31 at 5 p.m. and will be nationally televised on ESPN. The Dodgers will face their rivals, the 2010 World Champion San Francisco Giants, in a four-game series, three of which will be televised nationally or regionally.

In addition, the Friday game vs. the Giants will now start at 7:10 p.m. (originally 1:10) and the Dodgers Sleeved Blanket Giveaway will take place on Sunday, April 3rd (originally scheduled for Monday, April 4th). There is no longer a game scheduled for Monday, April 4th.

roll.gif

[/td][/tr][/table]

IYN you kno any legit townhomes @ chino/claremont/montclair?

Tryna avoid Ptown like the plague.

my budget varies...

It's kind of messed up that ESPN did this, 
laugh.gif

I know a lot of folks that are pissed since they were planning on taking Friday off and making it a three day weekend.

Good thing the Dodgers put their foot down on the proposed five game series ESPN/Giants wanted.

Wouldn't mind Eric Chavez, since he will probably command a minor league deal/ST invite, but there is a hole in LF that Colletti is ignoring.

Damn Ronny, you're moving again.  Did Whittier cancel your Section 8 housing?

Haha section 8.

Actually I moved from whittier/hacienda heights to rowland heights (land of the chinese). I pay too much rent to my sister, might as well get a spot to myself.

Kinda considering Covina too, you tryna be roomies bro?

Back
Top Bottom