Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

It's not starting off good
ohwell.gif
. Udoh and Amundson being out really hurts. I'm sure Gazuric is a nice guy, but I don't want him getting a lot of minutes this season.

30-34 wins. Even if everything goes right we would still have to make mid-season moves to bolster our bench and front court, mainly the bench because the bench is below average at best!

This bench just looks god awful just a bunch of hustle players that are not able to give the starters a break during games.

Reggie Williams
Vladamir Radmanovic
Dan Gadzuric
Brandan Wright
Jeremy Lin
Louis Amundson
Rodney Carney
Charlie Bell
Ekpe Udoh

With the exception of Williams and maybe Carney nobody here would be able to put up consistent numbers on the offensive end. Sure they may be some what scrappy on defense but they are going to have to score some points to give the starters a breather and keep the team in games.

Originally Posted by chris82790

30-34 wins. Even if everything goes right we would still have to make mid-season moves to bolster our bench and front court, mainly the bench because the bench is below average at best!

This bench just looks god awful just a bunch of hustle players that are not able to give the starters a break during games.
You realize they had no bench and no center last year and won 26. 

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by chris82790

You realize they had no bench and no center last year and won 26. 
I do but the bench combination of Williams, Tolliver, Maggette, Watson, Morrow, and George is still better than what we have now. I know half the names I mentioned were in the starting lineup for the most part due to our injuries, but those that were on the bench would provide more offense than either of the the players on our bench this year. I do like the defensive minded bench players we have but I still think it is one of the main weaknesses. I know I may sound negative but that is how this team looks on paper plain and simple. Hopefully I'm wrong about the bench and they perform well enough to make a contribution to help our starters.

They could score, I don't know if they are better. Trying to out score players every night doesn't work in the NBA.

I just like that there's a different approach this year, the team is more all-around and not solely focused on scoring. That includes the bench, with guys like Amundson and Bell.

I truly believe the season is all on Biedrins. If he plays well, double/double, I think Warriors will be fighting or close to the 8th seed.

How do you think the new offense will affect Steph Currys play?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Udoh isn't bad in 2k11
laugh.gif
But that's def. gonna hurt us short-term.
He drilled a three in my face in 2k11. I expect plenty of that when he comes back... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

I truly believe the season is all on Biedrins. If he plays well, double/double, I think Warriors will be fighting or close to the 8th seed.

How do you think the new offense will affect Steph Currys play?
He looked good in the preseason.  The offense isn't any different with Smart.  They run a lot of pick and roll now since Lee is here.  His points may be down (I don't think by much), but his assist should be better.  They say Curry's and Ellis' minutes will go down, but I don't think they will by that much.

i think Curry will put up some where in the range of 18pts 9 assist 4 rebounds 2 steals.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i think Curry will put up some where in the range of 18pts 9 assist 4 rebounds 2 steals.
pretty lofty, but not unattainable.
i'm gonna go with 14 PTS - 3 REB - 8 AST - 2 STL - 2 3PTM - 3 TO - 45 FG% - 35 3PT% - 85 FT%

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

pretty lofty, but not unattainable.
i'm gonna go with 14 PTS - 3 REB - 8 AST - 2 STL - 2 3PTM - 3 TO - 45 FG% - 35 3PT% - 85 FT%
3 TOs only? Make it 6

Damn offbad, your verbiage game is on point.  I can't even find the definition to "urare" and you started the game off with it? Props.

Back
Top Bottom