Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Article on Warriors: The Same Mistakes (Warriors 119, Kings 129)

[h2]The Same Mistakes (Warriors 119, Kings 129)[/h2]
Posted by Adam Lauridsen on March 15th, 2011 at 2:15 am | Categorized as Game Summary | Tagged as Al Thornton, Andris Biedrins, David Lee, Ekpe Udoh, Joe Lacob, Keith Smart, Larry Riley, Lou Amundson, Monta Ellis, Peter Guber, Robert Rowell, Stephen Curry

For any fan who has watched the Warriors consistently these past few years, Monday’s 119-129 worse-than-the-final-score loss to the Kings is a game that doesn’t need recapping.  We’ve seen it all before — the listless defense, the careless turnovers, the timid rebounding and the 1-vs.-5, clear-out-of-the-way offense.  The results are all too familiar, and that’s precisely the problem.  The Warriors lose and no one is held accountable, so they keep on losing.  The only thing that changes is the packaging of the wait-until-next-year sales pitch.

The Warriors’ style of basketball has been and continues to be, at its core, erratic.  The team lives and dies by three pointers and gambling defense.  They rest their hope on low-percentage options and then fixate on those few rolls of the dice that pay off with big wins.  But in the NBA, it doesn’t matter if you win the third quarter or only lose your road games by 9 or fewer points or whatever other meaningless stat the team tries to use to disguise the obvious, ugly truth.  What’s significant is the return over an 82 game schedule.  For the Warriors, independent of the ups and downs of individual games, that return is once again on pace to be mediocre.  It’s not at all clear that those running the Warriors — Joe Lacob, Peter Guber, Robert Rowell — have come to terms with that fact, or are even looking at the same measures of success as fans (

Damn you Cohan and Lacob
mad.gif
!

Lookin to get tickets for tomorrow night's game. Where do you guys usually pick up your tix? I wanna do craigslist to get some cheaper lower bowl tix, but hella wary of scammers.

I've gotten mine on eBay recently. For the most part, they're pretty legit. I got sideline club tickets for like 75 each a couple months ago.

Law is much more tolerable when he drives, kudos to him...But there were a few he passed up I felt he should've taken instead of passing.

I want Thornton to get more time, but is Smart !!$###+ serious? He's been a liability on defense all game long and hasn't had much of an offensive game. But Smart decides to play him that much anyways. And tell Monta to !!$###+ drive for *!+@% sake.

Back
Top Bottom