Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

the first 3 by Fry killed everything. i knew it

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ how quickly that "come back" died

That Chris Brown song is playing is extra loud. No one in the arena is talking to muffle the music ... This would be a very lame game to be at.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

the first 3 by Fry killed everything. i knew it
No reason why he should be that open anyway. Smart was stupid to be playing a zone. It wasn't like the zone was the reason the Suns couldn't score, they just couldn't catch a break during that stretch.

30t6p3b.gif
Almost made a comeback by cutting it to 5 in the forth then 3 straight 3's to kill us.

Horrible lost.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by big1236

Originally Posted by Andrew630

D.Wright to be in the 3 point contest.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but why isn't Curry in the 3pt contest?

He came in 2nd last year....

Yeah I'd rather have Curry. Congrats to Wright though. Not sure he'd do too well in the contest, but you never know.

Wright's in it cause he's leading the league in 3's so it's well deserved.  Would've been fun to see Curry again but i like the competitors this year.  Ray Ray vs Paul Peezy, Durant, D Wright, Boobie.

God they were absolutey ATROCIOUS yesterday though.  Worst game i seen this year.  Monta, Curry and Wright couldnt' BUY a shot.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Wright's in it cause he's leading the league in 3's so it's well deserved.  Would've been fun to see Curry again but i like the competitors this year.  Ray Ray vs Paul Peezy, Durant, D Wright, Boobie.

God they were absolutey ATROCIOUS yesterday though.  Worst game i seen this year.  Monta, Curry and Wright couldnt' BUY a shot.
Morrow didn't get in when he led the league in %. so sad, he wouldve killed it.

I think Wright will either get go super cold and get last or catch fire and win the whole contest..

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td][table][tr][td] inShare2[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]http://
track

[img]http://extras.mnginteractive.c..._055350_button_reprint_license_this.gif[/img]Reprint Print   [img]http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/icon-email.gif[/img]Email  
normal.gif
large.gif
largest.gif
Font Resize
[h1]Golden State Warriors sorely lacking inside scoring punch[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II

When the Warriors and Denver Nuggets meet Wednesday night at Oracle Arena, the visitors will have a player who could fill a serious need for Golden State.

According to multiple sources, the Warriors have inquired about Nene, a 6-foot-11, 250-pound center from Brazil. But the Nuggets would have to agree to trade him, and Nene would have to agree to a contract extension because he is a pending free agent.

So he remains a relative dream.

"We have to look at what we have," Warriors coach Keith Smart said. "We can't wish and hope for something we don't have."

Nene, who is averaging 15.3 points per game on an NBA-best 64.4 percent shooting, would seem to quench the Warriors' thirst for inside scoring.

But help likely won't come before the Feb. 24 deadline, according to insiders. Some of the other bigs the Warriors would love -- such as Memphis' Marc Gasol -- aren't available, would require dismantling the nucleus of the team or don't want to sign with Golden State.

That leaves the Warriors relying on a committee of post players.

One of them doesn't believe management needs to acquire someone to fill the need.

"Collectively, I would say yes we could do it," Andris Biedrins said about the Warriors' existing players. "If you just give us the opportunities, we can prove we don't need it."

David Lee said he's getting his post game going again after having been predominantly a pick-and-roll player most of the

http://clicks.beap.ad.yieldmanager....5R3QyaGcsciQxLHJkJDEzNHJtdGFnaSkp/0/*<a href=/ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N6103.130627.MERCURYNEWS/B5052699.2;sz=300x250;ord=1297236511.426568?">http://ad.doubleclick.net...0;ord=1297236511.426568?">
B5052699.2;sz=300x250;ord=1297236511.426568
i

time. In limited opportunities, rookie Ekpe Udoh has shown flashes of inside scoring ability.
Biedrins said he could produce more inside if he gets the ball. And Brandan Wright said he is confident he can get the Warriors some offense inside, though he's hardly used.

"You really have to ask Coach Smart why I couldn't help the team out in that (area)," said Wright, who scored on his one post-up attempt during just five minutes of play in Monday's 104-92 loss to Phoenix. "I guess I'm not the man for the job right now. I could easily produce. "... I feel good about my game."

Smart said establishing the inside is going to take a team effort. The staff needs to develop the current players' abilities in that area. The perimeter players need to do a better job of looking inside. The big men need to demand the ball by getting in position and giving the entry passer a good target.

In any case, an answer from another team won't be coming soon. The Warriors' best chance of landing a big man who can score inside, one team source said, will likely be in the offseason. But even that will depend on collective bargaining negotiations.

So, until then, keep dreaming.
[*] Dorell Wright was chosen to participate in the Three-Point Shootout during NBA All-Star Weekend. Many figured Warriors teammate Stephen Curry, last year's runner-up, would be selected. Instead, Wright, who leads the NBA with 124 made 3-pointers, will compete against 2010 champion Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Durant, Daniel Gibson and James Jones on Feb. 19 at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

If that supposed Melo for Andrew Bynum deal goes down, you'd have to think we might be going hard after Nene and there could be a deal in place for us. I'd give up anyone but Ellis/Curry, unless if we get something else from another team perhaps.

Agreed, that would be another highway robbery midseason trade
30t6p3b.gif
Just making the league even more top-heavy than it already is.

Back
Top Bottom