OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ugh I can't even make myself sit through an entire Mavs game right now... And I completely forgot they were playing last night.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This pretty much deads the "Dirk supporting casts are awesome!!!" crap, doesn't it? This is the deepest team the Mavs have had in years, and they are laughably bad with dude...
Dude just stop.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Not only are you missing Dirk, but Butler too.

Everything said about Dallas' cast was based off Dirk.

With a healthy squad, yes Dallas is one of the deeper teams in the league. How can you dispute that? Nobody said they were awesome BTW either. Simply that they should not be bounced out in the first round like they have been 4 of the past 5 years or whatever it is.

This guy 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ugh I can't even make myself sit through an entire Mavs game right now... And I completely forgot they were playing last night.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This pretty much deads the "Dirk supporting casts are awesome!!!" crap, doesn't it? This is the deepest team the Mavs have had in years, and they are laughably bad with dude...
Dude just stop.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

With a healthy squad, yes Dallas is one of the deeper teams in the league. How can you dispute that? Nobody said they were awesome BTW either. Simply that they should not be bounced out in the first round like they have been 4 of the past 5 years or whatever it is.

This guy 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Dude just stop.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

This guy 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Bro, did you watch the team even before Butler went out? They have one superstar and a load of guys that would/should be the 4th or 5th best players on a championship team... Not one dude on this roster, Caron included, can consistently create anything for himself offensively and they completely stall out on that end when Dirk isn't on the floor. When JJ Barea is your best shot creator with your best player off the floor, how deep are you really?
eyes.gif

No Dirk = This is a Lottery team. They're terrible without him. Though not to the same extent, this is like LeBron and Cleveland. You cannot dispute that.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Dude just stop.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

This guy 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Bro, did you watch the team even before Butler went out? They have one superstar and a load of guys that would/should be the 4th or 5th best players on a championship team... Not one dude on this roster, Caron included, can consistently create anything for himself offensively and they completely stall out on that end when Dirk isn't on the floor. When JJ Barea is your best shot creator with your best player off the floor, how deep are you really?
eyes.gif

No Dirk = This is a Lottery team. They're terrible without him. Though not to the same extent, this is like LeBron and Cleveland. You cannot dispute that.

I have no issue complying with the idea that if Dirk is out, this team is no good.

That is painfully obvious.

But when Caron was on the floor, he COULD create his own shot.

Yeah, the only two games where we had Caron but not Dirk, we still lost, but Caron showed he could at least get his game on.

He was very efficient, and put up 30 against San Antonio. I don't think we had a long enough stretch to see Caron without Dirk to really say how good he could have been.

When Dirk comes back, hopefully Beaubois will too. Soon after that.

Now, Beaubois isn't no Caron, BUT he CAN consistently stroke it from outside, something that we don't have on the roster right now.

I have no issue complying with the idea that if Dirk is out, this team is no good.

That is painfully obvious.

But when Caron was on the floor, he COULD create his own shot.

Yeah, the only two games where we had Caron but not Dirk, we still lost, but Caron showed he could at least get his game on.

He was very efficient, and put up 30 against San Antonio. I don't think we had a long enough stretch to see Caron without Dirk to really say how good he could have been.

When Dirk comes back, hopefully Beaubois will too. Soon after that.

Now, Beaubois isn't no Caron, BUT he CAN consistently stroke it from outside, something that we don't have on the roster right now.

Maybe I just think less of Caron than any of yall do. He's been good, but he hasn't been great... A solid role player, absolutely... But a game changer? A guy I want being the second or third best player on my basketball team? Not by any stretch.

Maybe I just think less of Caron than any of yall do. He's been good, but he hasn't been great... A solid role player, absolutely... But a game changer? A guy I want being the second or third best player on my basketball team? Not by any stretch.

We don't have a SOLID second guy.

We have a conglomerate of guys who can pitch in and BE that second guy on a given night.

Sometimes it's Kidd, sometimes it's Chandler, sometimes it was Caron, sometimes it's Marion, sometimes it's JET.

That's what the Mavericks have wanted by acquiring all these players.

Have one player we can ALWAYS rely on, and crapload of other players to hopefully pull together for a common cause.

If we didn't have all these options on the floor, I guarantee you that Caron would have been putting up 20 a night.

It's what Josh did when there weren't any other guys on the floor to do what he did.

But now, we have a crapload of guys who can fill in those holes.

It just hurts so bad right now because we have questionably our two best players out.

^ Dirk gets it. 

There were people 4 weeks ago in their season threads talkin about "this is the year" and all that. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Perfectly healthy year all year, and at some point in the playoffs the other team would double Dirk and make the other guys play and it woulda been same as every other year.  Which is what many of us were saying all along.  (granted, Tyson was helping out and what not, but that would only help so much when nobody can make a big shot in 4th quarters) 

What exactly is goin on with Dirk's knee though?  Why he keep getting extended in terms of being out?  Worse then they want to tell anybody? 

We don't have a SOLID second guy.

We have a conglomerate of guys who can pitch in and BE that second guy on a given night.

Sometimes it's Kidd, sometimes it's Chandler, sometimes it was Caron, sometimes it's Marion, sometimes it's JET.

Have one player we can ALWAYS rely on, and crapload of other players to hopefully pull together for a common cause.

If we didn't have all these options on the floor, I guarantee you that Caron would have been putting up 20 a night.

It's what Josh did when there weren't any other guys on the floor to do what he did.

But now, we have a crapload of guys who can fill in those holes.

It just hurts so bad right now because we have questionably our two best players out.

^ Dirk gets it. 

There were people 4 weeks ago in their season threads talkin about "this is the year" and all that. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Perfectly healthy year all year, and at some point in the playoffs the other team would double Dirk and make the other guys play and it woulda been same as every other year.  Which is what many of us were saying all along.  (granted, Tyson was helping out and what not, but that would only help so much when nobody can make a big shot in 4th quarters) 

What exactly is goin on with Dirk's knee though?  Why he keep getting extended in terms of being out?  Worse then they want to tell anybody? 

CP, shut up.
laugh.gif

Who was saying this is the year?

Maybe you're talking about on TV, but no one on here was claiming we were favorites.

CP, shut up.
laugh.gif

Who was saying this is the year?

Maybe you're talking about on TV, but no one on here was claiming we were favorites.

When the league's best passing team plays the worst team in the league, stuff like this happens..

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Other than the Pistons, who were ELITE defensively, when has that model ever worked?

The one thing the Mavs had going for them this year that they didn't in the past was the Tyson Chandler gave them a legitimate heartbeat defensively. At full strength, they're really good on that end for long stretches of the game...

But when it gets down to it, they don't have another guy they can rely on every night to take pressure off Dirk. They've tried the "Well we have 6 or 7 guys that we think can step up on certain nights" for a decade now... It's never worked.

It doesn't matter if you're the deepest team in the league from Players 4 through 12 if you don't have a legitimate second star and probably another guy that's right on the cusp of that.

Other than the Pistons, who were ELITE defensively, when has that model ever worked?

The one thing the Mavs had going for them this year that they didn't in the past was the Tyson Chandler gave them a legitimate heartbeat defensively. At full strength, they're really good on that end for long stretches of the game...

But when it gets down to it, they don't have another guy they can rely on every night to take pressure off Dirk. They've tried the "Well we have 6 or 7 guys that we think can step up on certain nights" for a decade now... It's never worked.

It doesn't matter if you're the deepest team in the league from Players 4 through 12 if you don't have a legitimate second star and probably another guy that's right on the cusp of that.

When the league's best passing team plays the worst team in the league, stuff like this happens..

JA, don't you trust me by now?  Don't question me. 

This is a different Dallas team folks.

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by venom lyrix

this is really the 1st long winning streak under Carlisle but I still believe this is a very different team than years passed.

I really think this team can contend with the Lakers, maybe it's the recent success but I like our match-ups
If I were JPZ, I would go get the exact same quotes from you in last years Mavs thread.....

And the year before that.........

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom