OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

JA, don't you trust me by now?  Don't question me. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This is a different Dallas team folks.

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by venom lyrix

this is really the 1st long winning streak under Carlisle but I still believe this is a very different team than years passed.

I really think this team can contend with the Lakers, maybe it's the recent success but I like our match-ups
If I were JPZ, I would go get the exact same quotes from you in last years Mavs thread.....

And the year before that.........

wink.gif

Something new? Or from the last time they played and he said playing them was a lose/lose for the Spurs?
laugh.gif

Something new? Or from the last time they played and he said playing them was a lose/lose for the Spurs?
laugh.gif

Yeah, saying he'd rather be having dinner. There's nothing to beating them without Dirk and how they'd just feel like dogs if they lost
laugh.gif
Saying the whole thing was a waste of time like he'd prefer the game be rescheduled for Dirk's convenience
laugh.gif

Yeah, saying he'd rather be having dinner. There's nothing to beating them without Dirk and how they'd just feel like dogs if they lost
laugh.gif
Saying the whole thing was a waste of time like he'd prefer the game be rescheduled for Dirk's convenience
laugh.gif

I personally take that as very high praise for Dirk.  I don't think Pop was diggin at the Mavs, but maybe I'm wrong.  I probably would need to hear the whole interview or whatever. 

I personally take that as very high praise for Dirk.  I don't think Pop was diggin at the Mavs, but maybe I'm wrong.  I probably would need to hear the whole interview or whatever. 

CP, this is a different team you nincompoop. This is a team that lives off of their defense. If you're too blind to see that, that's you're own damn fault. This isn't the same mold of team where we don't play defense anymore. Say what you will, but without Dirk out there, the defense isn't the same. I'm not saying that Dirk is the key DEFENSIVELY, what I'm saying is that he brings the spirit and energy to our guys to PLAY defense like we were in the past.

I never once said that this is "our year," you're just mixing my words to make it sound like what you want.

If you don't say this is a different team, then you're just a biased buffoon (got it right this time).

Don't question me like I don't know what I'm trying to say.

If you don't want to call us contenders when we're healthy, that's your own damn issue. You ask me who are the favorites 365 days out of the year, I'll say the Lakers, but it doesn't mean that other teams can't contend. When we're healthy? We're up there, capable of contending. Being a contender and a favorite ain't the same thing.

CP, this is a different team you nincompoop. This is a team that lives off of their defense. If you're too blind to see that, that's you're own damn fault. This isn't the same mold of team where we don't play defense anymore. Say what you will, but without Dirk out there, the defense isn't the same. I'm not saying that Dirk is the key DEFENSIVELY, what I'm saying is that he brings the spirit and energy to our guys to PLAY defense like we were in the past.

I never once said that this is "our year," you're just mixing my words to make it sound like what you want.

If you don't say this is a different team, then you're just a biased buffoon (got it right this time).

Don't question me like I don't know what I'm trying to say.

If you don't want to call us contenders when we're healthy, that's your own damn issue. You ask me who are the favorites 365 days out of the year, I'll say the Lakers, but it doesn't mean that other teams can't contend. When we're healthy? We're up there, capable of contending. Being a contender and a favorite ain't the same thing.

How the hell is this a different team, when we just established it's the same team?  No other option other then Dirk.  Plain and simple. 

If Caron and Dirk were both %100 and the playoffs started tomorrow, it would be the same team, with a slightly better presence inside with Tyson.  That's it. 

My point about your thread was you guys claiming "this is the year"=/= "this is a different Dallas team folks"  Close enough. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I view contenders differently then most, remember I'm the one that got blasted again and again for saying the Cavs weren't contenders.  And i did that while they ran the regular season like it was nothing.  So it's not like I just say it after a team gets eliminated, no no. 

How the hell is this a different team, when we just established it's the same team?  No other option other then Dirk.  Plain and simple. 

If Caron and Dirk were both %100 and the playoffs started tomorrow, it would be the same team, with a slightly better presence inside with Tyson.  That's it. 

My point about your thread was you guys claiming "this is the year"=/= "this is a different Dallas team folks"  Close enough. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I view contenders differently then most, remember I'm the one that got blasted again and again for saying the Cavs weren't contenders.  And i did that while they ran the regular season like it was nothing.  So it's not like I just say it after a team gets eliminated, no no. 

We're the same team when Dirk is out, when Dirk is in there, we play a completely different style of basketball.

In the past, we'd rely on Dirk to create shots and hope some other guys chip in.

Now? We rely on defense and let our offense handle itself.

All the losses when Dirk was still playing? Defenses failures.

All our good wins this year? Great defense.

We're the same team when Dirk is out, when Dirk is in there, we play a completely different style of basketball.

In the past, we'd rely on Dirk to create shots and hope some other guys chip in.

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhno. 

You're confusing the @#$% outta me with this we're the same team with Dirk, but we're different with Dirk, but we're the not the same without Dirk, but we're the same when he's not here, but.........OK, I GIVE.  Just be quiet.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My bad. 

Dallas all the way in 2011. 

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhno. 

You're confusing the @#$% outta me with this we're the same team with Dirk, but we're different with Dirk, but we're the not the same without Dirk, but we're the same when he's not here, but.........OK, I GIVE.  Just be quiet.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My bad. 

Dallas all the way in 2011. 

You have autpreply or something in here?  How the hell you read and reply in one minute? 
laugh.gif

Duh, never said I wasn't bro. 
smokin.gif

You have autpreply or something in here?  How the hell you read and reply in one minute? 
laugh.gif

Duh, never said I wasn't bro. 
smokin.gif

Could the Sacramento Kings be on the move?

For years, the Maloof family, the team's owners, has tried to secure a new arena in Sacramento. In 2006, voters voted down a sales tax measure that would fund a new stadium. The Kings play at the recently renamed Power Balance Pavilion, a 22-year-old facility formerly known as ARCO Arena.

Since then, speculation has been constant on possible suitors for the Kings. The latest has the family in discussions to potentially move the franchise to Anaheim.

Sacramento radio station KFBK reported Wednesday that Henry Samueli, the owner of the Anaheim Ducks, met with the Maloofs and offered them a $100 million loan to facilitate the move of the NBA team to the Honda Center, according to the Orange County Register.

According to the newspaper, a Kings move could entail a heavy financial outlay.

Any relocation would have to be approved by the NBA Board of Governors, which "also has the right to attach a relocation fee at that time," Tim Frank, senior vice president of NBA basketball communications, told the Register on Friday.

To apply for relocation in time to play elsewhere next season, a team would have to notify commissioner David Stern in writing by March 1, Frank told the newspaper.

Frank said there is no standard relocation fee, according to the report, but it's possible the Maloofs would be on the hook for something in the neighborhood of $30 million -- the fee paid when the Seattle SuperSonics relocated to Oklahoma City in 2008.

It's also possible they would have to shell out an estimated $30 million-$50 million apiece to the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers franchises for territorial rights. However, Frank said there currently is no rule requiring this type of compensation, according to the report, and the absence of such a fee would obviously make the idea of a potential move more palatable to the Maloofs.

Anaheim is probably not alone in trying to attract the Kings. In recent months, San Jose, Las Vegas and Seattle also have been linked to the franchise as possible landing spots

Could the Sacramento Kings be on the move?

For years, the Maloof family, the team's owners, has tried to secure a new arena in Sacramento. In 2006, voters voted down a sales tax measure that would fund a new stadium. The Kings play at the recently renamed Power Balance Pavilion, a 22-year-old facility formerly known as ARCO Arena.

Since then, speculation has been constant on possible suitors for the Kings. The latest has the family in discussions to potentially move the franchise to Anaheim.

Sacramento radio station KFBK reported Wednesday that Henry Samueli, the owner of the Anaheim Ducks, met with the Maloofs and offered them a $100 million loan to facilitate the move of the NBA team to the Honda Center, according to the Orange County Register.

According to the newspaper, a Kings move could entail a heavy financial outlay.

Any relocation would have to be approved by the NBA Board of Governors, which "also has the right to attach a relocation fee at that time," Tim Frank, senior vice president of NBA basketball communications, told the Register on Friday.

To apply for relocation in time to play elsewhere next season, a team would have to notify commissioner David Stern in writing by March 1, Frank told the newspaper.

Frank said there is no standard relocation fee, according to the report, but it's possible the Maloofs would be on the hook for something in the neighborhood of $30 million -- the fee paid when the Seattle SuperSonics relocated to Oklahoma City in 2008.

It's also possible they would have to shell out an estimated $30 million-$50 million apiece to the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers franchises for territorial rights. However, Frank said there currently is no rule requiring this type of compensation, according to the report, and the absence of such a fee would obviously make the idea of a potential move more palatable to the Maloofs.

Anaheim is probably not alone in trying to attract the Kings. In recent months, San Jose, Las Vegas and Seattle also have been linked to the franchise as possible landing spots

Why do the Maloofs have to be so broke that they don't want to put any money into a new arena
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom