OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Not sure if any of y'all in here are interested in this... NBA Jam (360, PS3, Wii) for 50% OFF at EA Store Online [2.5 hour sale]

Sorry, CP, no Atari version.
frown.gif

It must suck for Roy. Two years ago, he was supposedly a basketball god. Now he looks like the Grizz version of Eddie Jones. 
laugh.gif

It must suck for Roy. Two years ago, he was supposedly a basketball god. Now he looks like the Grizz version of Eddie Jones. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Doubt it.. The guy sucks.
he doesnt suck, he still has a lot to learn.
Just like Darko sucks right?.....
The only thing the guy needs is for a team to believe in him.
And... Nobody ever gave up anything of value in trade for Darko, either...

Even if somebody believes in him, they aren't going to give you anything worthwhile to gamble and find out.
I don't see it happening if we trade him alone. Add in one of our perimeter guys and we just might. Detroit traded Darko for a 1st round pick to Orlando. Grizz just used him to swing a deal for QRich from NY to bring us Zbo. Then, it ended with a Brian Cardinal swap to Minnesota which was the ugliest deal for him.
laugh.gif

I could see the Wizards giving us Yi and a 2nd rdr for Thabeet. NJ would probably give up Terrence Williams for him. May even be able to package Thabeet with someone to get one of Cleveland's big men. Any rebuilding team that needs size would probably offer something equal to the 1st round pick Orlando gave up that turned out to be Stuckey. 

That was still early in Darko's career where people believed in him similar to Thabeet. 
You are seriously overvaluing Thabeet. There's a huge difference between Darko, who was pegged as a potential franchise player prior to draft night, and a project player with limited upside.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Doubt it.. The guy sucks.
he doesnt suck, he still has a lot to learn.
Just like Darko sucks right?.....
The only thing the guy needs is for a team to believe in him.
And... Nobody ever gave up anything of value in trade for Darko, either...

Even if somebody believes in him, they aren't going to give you anything worthwhile to gamble and find out.
I don't see it happening if we trade him alone. Add in one of our perimeter guys and we just might. Detroit traded Darko for a 1st round pick to Orlando. Grizz just used him to swing a deal for QRich from NY to bring us Zbo. Then, it ended with a Brian Cardinal swap to Minnesota which was the ugliest deal for him.
laugh.gif

I could see the Wizards giving us Yi and a 2nd rdr for Thabeet. NJ would probably give up Terrence Williams for him. May even be able to package Thabeet with someone to get one of Cleveland's big men. Any rebuilding team that needs size would probably offer something equal to the 1st round pick Orlando gave up that turned out to be Stuckey. 

That was still early in Darko's career where people believed in him similar to Thabeet. 
You are seriously overvaluing Thabeet. There's a huge difference between Darko, who was pegged as a potential franchise player prior to draft night, and a project player with limited upside.

Wait what?
When was Darko considered a franchise player? He was projected to be a good european big man and how many of those actually work out? I'm not sure who they compared Darko too, but I'm sure it wasn't Dirk. He also had tremendous upside, but that didn't mean Thabeet had limited upside.

And an athletic 7'3 big man who can block shots has limited upside? People talked about how tremendous his upside was, so your point is invalid. Thabeet was projected to be a defensive force. He was compared to Mutombo on most draft sites.

Ya'll act like I'm asking for a starter for Thabeet by himself. 
laugh.gif

Wait what?
When was Darko considered a franchise player? He was projected to be a good european big man and how many of those actually work out? I'm not sure who they compared Darko too, but I'm sure it wasn't Dirk. He also had tremendous upside, but that didn't mean Thabeet had limited upside.

And an athletic 7'3 big man who can block shots has limited upside? People talked about how tremendous his upside was, so your point is invalid. Thabeet was projected to be a defensive force. He was compared to Mutombo on most draft sites.

Ya'll act like I'm asking for a starter for Thabeet by himself. 
laugh.gif

Wait what?
When was Darko considered a franchise player?

Darko receives ringing endorsement

By By Chad Ford
NBA Insider

Editor's Note: NBA Insider Chad Ford is in Detroit this week chronicling the process of pre-draft visits as several prospects work out for the Pistons.

DETROIT -- Meet Will Robinson.

Robinson is the assistant to the president of basketball operations for the Pistons. He is the NBA's oldest scout, at the ripe age of 92. He has been inducted into 24 Halls of Fame. He has coached the likes of Doug Collins and Spencer Haywood. He was the first African-American head coach in the history of NCAA Division I basketball.

And if you listen to him, he invented such things as the full-court press and the fast break.

It's tough to find anyone who's been around long enough to dispute that.

You've heard of six degrees of separation? Robinson plays about three. Rumor here in Detroit has it that he cut the hole in James Naismith's peach basket.

He comes to work every day, watches game film and never misses a workout. Robinson has sat through the Pistons' draft workouts for the past 28 years, witnessing the auditions of Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dennis Rodman and Grant Hill.

Dumars, now the Pistons president, smiles when he sees Robinson walk onto the court Wednesday in preparation for Darko Milicic's individual workout. Call him a comfort blanket.

"Let me tell you something about Will Robinson," Dumars says. "He's seen it all. You can't fool Will Robinson. Nothing gets by him."

Robinson's a little early today for a reason. He's a late-comer on the international bandwagon. He has listened to the talk radio hosts and local writers imploring the Pistons to take Carmelo Anthony over Milicic with the No. 2 pick in next month's draft. Like the rest of them, he has yet to see the young Yugoslavian in person.

"In the past, when we brought in the guys from overseas, Will would sit there, shake his head and say 'Send him back ... he needs to spend more time in the oven,' " Dumars says with a laugh.

Robinson takes his seat courtside, crosses his legs and stares Darko down as he begins warming up. For the next 45 minutes, his eyes never leave the 7-footer.

From agility exercises (Darko ranks in the top 15 percent) to tests that gauge lateral quickness (Darko ranks in the top 2 percent), vertical jump (a little above average) and upper and lower body strength (OK on the first, above average on the second), Robinson is watching Milicic's every movement.

It isn't until Milicic picks up a basketball and starts effortlessly draining NBA-range 3-pointers (remember, his coach in Yugoslavia wouldn't let him take European 3s, let alone from the NBA distance) that Robinson begins speaking up. He doesn't stop talking until well after the workout.

"We hit the jackpot," Robinson says with a smile. "Jackpot!"

Milicic moves into the post and begins hitting jump hooks, first with his left hand. Then with his right. Robinson can't tell whether Milicic is left- or right-handed. That's a good thing.

"How'd that boy learn to shoot with both hands?" he asks.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font][/td][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]He's going to own the game. Own the game. We're going to have to build a new arena. The only thing that could destroy a kid like that is a woman. [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font][/td][/tr][/table]

Wait what?
When was Darko considered a franchise player?

Darko receives ringing endorsement

By By Chad Ford
NBA Insider

Editor's Note: NBA Insider Chad Ford is in Detroit this week chronicling the process of pre-draft visits as several prospects work out for the Pistons.

DETROIT -- Meet Will Robinson.

Robinson is the assistant to the president of basketball operations for the Pistons. He is the NBA's oldest scout, at the ripe age of 92. He has been inducted into 24 Halls of Fame. He has coached the likes of Doug Collins and Spencer Haywood. He was the first African-American head coach in the history of NCAA Division I basketball.

And if you listen to him, he invented such things as the full-court press and the fast break.

It's tough to find anyone who's been around long enough to dispute that.

You've heard of six degrees of separation? Robinson plays about three. Rumor here in Detroit has it that he cut the hole in James Naismith's peach basket.

He comes to work every day, watches game film and never misses a workout. Robinson has sat through the Pistons' draft workouts for the past 28 years, witnessing the auditions of Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dennis Rodman and Grant Hill.

Dumars, now the Pistons president, smiles when he sees Robinson walk onto the court Wednesday in preparation for Darko Milicic's individual workout. Call him a comfort blanket.

"Let me tell you something about Will Robinson," Dumars says. "He's seen it all. You can't fool Will Robinson. Nothing gets by him."

Robinson's a little early today for a reason. He's a late-comer on the international bandwagon. He has listened to the talk radio hosts and local writers imploring the Pistons to take Carmelo Anthony over Milicic with the No. 2 pick in next month's draft. Like the rest of them, he has yet to see the young Yugoslavian in person.

"In the past, when we brought in the guys from overseas, Will would sit there, shake his head and say 'Send him back ... he needs to spend more time in the oven,' " Dumars says with a laugh.

Robinson takes his seat courtside, crosses his legs and stares Darko down as he begins warming up. For the next 45 minutes, his eyes never leave the 7-footer.

From agility exercises (Darko ranks in the top 15 percent) to tests that gauge lateral quickness (Darko ranks in the top 2 percent), vertical jump (a little above average) and upper and lower body strength (OK on the first, above average on the second), Robinson is watching Milicic's every movement.

It isn't until Milicic picks up a basketball and starts effortlessly draining NBA-range 3-pointers (remember, his coach in Yugoslavia wouldn't let him take European 3s, let alone from the NBA distance) that Robinson begins speaking up. He doesn't stop talking until well after the workout.

"We hit the jackpot," Robinson says with a smile. "Jackpot!"

Milicic moves into the post and begins hitting jump hooks, first with his left hand. Then with his right. Robinson can't tell whether Milicic is left- or right-handed. That's a good thing.

"How'd that boy learn to shoot with both hands?" he asks.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font][/td][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]He's going to own the game. Own the game. We're going to have to build a new arena. The only thing that could destroy a kid like that is a woman. [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font][/td][/tr][/table]

I hate that people have little to no patience anymore when it comes to developing players, especially bigs. Thabeet ain't been playing AAU ball since 6. Dude first tried basketball at 15 or 16. The grizzlies knew what they were getting when they took him at 2. Don't blame him.

Give him a chance to at least get his big goofy @%+ coordinated before yall label him a bust. Just like Bynum/Oden can change the game just by standing their big #%$## out there in the lane, Thabeet can do the same.

I hate that people have little to no patience anymore when it comes to developing players, especially bigs. Thabeet ain't been playing AAU ball since 6. Dude first tried basketball at 15 or 16. The grizzlies knew what they were getting when they took him at 2. Don't blame him.

Give him a chance to at least get his big goofy @%+ coordinated before yall label him a bust. Just like Bynum/Oden can change the game just by standing their big #%$## out there in the lane, Thabeet can do the same.

I wouldnt bec mad if Knicks traded for Thabeet.....until i seen he's getting $5M 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom