OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I still don't understand why Melo wants to go to NY so badly. It baffles me. I mean does he really think he could even make si to the finals with what they have. Lets say even if Chris Paul comes over the year after next, does he really think that would do much good with him/Stat/CP3?? I mean yea theyd be automatic ECF contenders but thats about it.

I still don't understand why Melo wants to go to NY so badly. It baffles me. I mean does he really think he could even make si to the finals with what they have. Lets say even if Chris Paul comes over the year after next, does he really think that would do much good with him/Stat/CP3?? I mean yea theyd be automatic ECF contenders but thats about it.

Not sure how you can put Westbrook in the elite group with CP3/Williams/Nash if you don't put Rose there too.

Westbrook's defense>Rose's, but in the halfcourt sets, Rose to me is a better orchestrator, and has improved his outside shot now where he is becoming dangerous on the pick and roll/pop. Westbrook's shot has improved too [I haven't looked at stats though] but he's still a long ways to go with that. He's an absolute terror in transition obviously.

Westbrook is all the PG Rose is, and vice versa IMO. They are both still below the elite tier though, until they still smooth out their abilities in the halfcourt sets more.

I still have Rose/Westbrook/Rondo a tier below the first one.

Not sure how you can put Westbrook in the elite group with CP3/Williams/Nash if you don't put Rose there too.

Westbrook's defense>Rose's, but in the halfcourt sets, Rose to me is a better orchestrator, and has improved his outside shot now where he is becoming dangerous on the pick and roll/pop. Westbrook's shot has improved too [I haven't looked at stats though] but he's still a long ways to go with that. He's an absolute terror in transition obviously.

Westbrook is all the PG Rose is, and vice versa IMO. They are both still below the elite tier though, until they still smooth out their abilities in the halfcourt sets more.

I still have Rose/Westbrook/Rondo a tier below the first one.

Some Melo stuff from Chris Sheridan's chat on ESPN:

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:00 PM)
[/h6]

Good afternoon from New York. All things Melo are open to discussion, of course. From the volume of comments on yesterday's story and e-mails I am receiving, let's just say there's quite a bit of interest in this topic. Those doubting the accuracy of my story are wrong. New Jersey is out. He won't sign there. Period. Same with Chicago. Questions?

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:14 PM)
[/h6]
It's plausible that the Mayo rumors are somehow part of the whole Knicks-Nuggets equation. If NY could get Mayo and move him along as part of a three-team deal, that might be the player the Nuggets would want to have alongside Gallinari on the wings.

[h6]TJ (NYC)[/h6]
OK so lets say the Knicks get Carmello... can a Chris Paul to NYC scenario still exist?
[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:16 PM)
[/h6]
No. The Knicks are happy with Felton, and they'll be able to extend him at a fair price if the rules of the new CBA regarding contract extensions are similar to the rules in the current CBA.

[h6]JB (PDX)[/h6]
So, assuming the "Knicks-only" scenario is true, what happens if Denver holds Melo past the deadline? Will the Knicks have enough cap space during the off-season to sign Melo outright?
[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:17 PM)
[/h6]
I am glad you brought this up, JB, because it gets interesting. ...

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:20 PM)
[/h6]

Carmelo is under contract through next season, but he has an opt-out (actually an ETO, basically the same thing). So Carmelo is not considered an expiring contract, and he remains tradeable right up until June 30 if the Nuggets hang onto him past the deadline. Also, the extension that's sitting on the table is good through June 30, too. This is a piece of leverage the Nuggets hold over the Knicks, because NY needs to make the trade by Feb. 24 in order to include Eddy Curry's expiring contract in the deal. And you need the Curry money to make the salaries match.

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:29 PM)
[/h6]

As I reported Saturday, Jordan has been trying to get Carmelo to save the Bobcats season. He is willing to take him on as a rental. Plus, when Larry Brown says some of his players are tuning him out, history shows that's what he usually says when he wants to trade somebody. Yesterday, at the Garden, Chris Broussard asked Carmelo if he thought the Nuggets would trade him to a team where he wouldn't sign an extension. And Carmelo said in a very confident tone that he does not expect that to happen.

Some Melo stuff from Chris Sheridan's chat on ESPN:

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:00 PM)
[/h6]

Good afternoon from New York. All things Melo are open to discussion, of course. From the volume of comments on yesterday's story and e-mails I am receiving, let's just say there's quite a bit of interest in this topic. Those doubting the accuracy of my story are wrong. New Jersey is out. He won't sign there. Period. Same with Chicago. Questions?

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:14 PM)
[/h6]
It's plausible that the Mayo rumors are somehow part of the whole Knicks-Nuggets equation. If NY could get Mayo and move him along as part of a three-team deal, that might be the player the Nuggets would want to have alongside Gallinari on the wings.

[h6]TJ (NYC)[/h6]
OK so lets say the Knicks get Carmello... can a Chris Paul to NYC scenario still exist?
[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:16 PM)
[/h6]
No. The Knicks are happy with Felton, and they'll be able to extend him at a fair price if the rules of the new CBA regarding contract extensions are similar to the rules in the current CBA.

[h6]JB (PDX)[/h6]
So, assuming the "Knicks-only" scenario is true, what happens if Denver holds Melo past the deadline? Will the Knicks have enough cap space during the off-season to sign Melo outright?
[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:17 PM)
[/h6]
I am glad you brought this up, JB, because it gets interesting. ...

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:20 PM)
[/h6]

Carmelo is under contract through next season, but he has an opt-out (actually an ETO, basically the same thing). So Carmelo is not considered an expiring contract, and he remains tradeable right up until June 30 if the Nuggets hang onto him past the deadline. Also, the extension that's sitting on the table is good through June 30, too. This is a piece of leverage the Nuggets hold over the Knicks, because NY needs to make the trade by Feb. 24 in order to include Eddy Curry's expiring contract in the deal. And you need the Curry money to make the salaries match.

[h6]Chris Sheridan
  (2:29 PM)
[/h6]

As I reported Saturday, Jordan has been trying to get Carmelo to save the Bobcats season. He is willing to take him on as a rental. Plus, when Larry Brown says some of his players are tuning him out, history shows that's what he usually says when he wants to trade somebody. Yesterday, at the Garden, Chris Broussard asked Carmelo if he thought the Nuggets would trade him to a team where he wouldn't sign an extension. And Carmelo said in a very confident tone that he does not expect that to happen.

I don't understand him saying no way to Chicago but that's how he feels.

laugh.gif
Jordan's desperate

I don't understand him saying no way to Chicago but that's how he feels.

laugh.gif
Jordan's desperate

Grizz willing to deal Thabeet

Wednesday marks the official start of the trade season, with players who signed free agent deals last summers eligible as of Dec. 15 to be traded. Some GMs around the league believe that Milwaukee, which made substantial commitments this offseason to the likes of Drew Gooden (five years, $32 million) and John Salmons (five years, $39 million), may look to shed some salaries, but GM John Hammond insisted last week that the Bucks just needed to get healthy.

Right now, teams are making their due diligence calls, but no signficant offers. But one mame that is eminently available is Memphis's Hasheem Thabeet, who isn't one of the '10 free agent signees but is getting shopped hard by the Grizzlies, who have their center of the future in Marc Gasol. So the Grizz are looking to cut bait with the second pick in the '09 Draft,
nbaVideoCamThumb.gif
 who's already had an NBA D-League stint, as soon as possible.

Source
thabeet1.jpg

Grizz willing to deal Thabeet

Wednesday marks the official start of the trade season, with players who signed free agent deals last summers eligible as of Dec. 15 to be traded. Some GMs around the league believe that Milwaukee, which made substantial commitments this offseason to the likes of Drew Gooden (five years, $32 million) and John Salmons (five years, $39 million), may look to shed some salaries, but GM John Hammond insisted last week that the Bucks just needed to get healthy.

Right now, teams are making their due diligence calls, but no signficant offers. But one mame that is eminently available is Memphis's Hasheem Thabeet, who isn't one of the '10 free agent signees but is getting shopped hard by the Grizzlies, who have their center of the future in Marc Gasol. So the Grizz are looking to cut bait with the second pick in the '09 Draft,
nbaVideoCamThumb.gif
 who's already had an NBA D-League stint, as soon as possible.

Source
thabeet1.jpg

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Do the Bulls know Kyle Weaver is on their D-League affiliate? Do they know John Lucas is still on their team?

I don't understand why they won't give him a chance. He has made training camp the past couple of years, there must be something there. (Talking about weaver)

I know his offense is brutal, but he's incredible on defense.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Do the Bulls know Kyle Weaver is on their D-League affiliate? Do they know John Lucas is still on their team?

I don't understand why they won't give him a chance. He has made training camp the past couple of years, there must be something there. (Talking about weaver)

I know his offense is brutal, but he's incredible on defense.

If the Mavericks dealt for Carmelo using purely draft picks and expirings, I could see why Cuban would do it.

If we gave up Beaubois, I don't know.

If the Mavericks dealt for Carmelo using purely draft picks and expirings, I could see why Cuban would do it.

If we gave up Beaubois, I don't know.

I don't think the Mavs do anything this year so it's irrelevant... But him coming into a situation where he would compete for a title IMMEDIATELY, I refuse to believe he'd straight out say no to that.

I don't think the Mavs do anything this year so it's irrelevant... But him coming into a situation where he would compete for a title IMMEDIATELY, I refuse to believe he'd straight out say no to that.

This is why we shouldn't have took a project big man with the 2nd overall pick. 
I think Thabeet could flourish under the right coach. I'm also sure the Grizz could trick a team into giving us something worthy for him, but we probably only want cap relief.
ohwell.gif

This is why we shouldn't have took a project big man with the 2nd overall pick. 
I think Thabeet could flourish under the right coach. I'm also sure the Grizz could trick a team into giving us something worthy for him, but we probably only want cap relief.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm also sure the Grizz could trick a team into giving us something worthy for him
Doubt it.. The guy sucks.

he doesnt suck, he still has a lot to learn.

Back
Top Bottom