OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm also sure the Grizz could trick a team into giving us something worthy for him
Doubt it.. The guy sucks.

he doesnt suck, he still has a lot to learn.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

you get lost in logical fallacy let me break it down for you in a simple formula so maybe you can wrap your head around it.
Good offense + Bad defense = Derrick Rose (very good player)

Legendary offense + Bad defense = Steve Nash (hof point guard) 

Nash is probably what top 3 shooter in the history of the game, maybe the greatest offensive point guard EVER. Don't compare him to rose please. 
laugh.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

you get lost in logical fallacy let me break it down for you in a simple formula so maybe you can wrap your head around it.
Good offense + Bad defense = Derrick Rose (very good player)

Legendary offense + Bad defense = Steve Nash (hof point guard) 

Nash is probably what top 3 shooter in the history of the game, maybe the greatest offensive point guard EVER. Don't compare him to rose please. 
laugh.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

I'm also sure the Grizz could trick a team into giving us something worthy for him

Just like Darko sucks right?.....
The only thing the guy needs is for a team to believe in him. Obviously, we don't. We sent him to the D-League and he doesn't even play. A guy like Thabeet needs the coaching staff full attention. I'm sure he could become a solid center with some work. He has the talent, just needs to know how to use it and gain confidence. 

Similar to what was going on with Darko. Detroit ruined his confidence and it took him a while to get adjusted. He played pretty well in Orlando and Memphis, showing signs of being a solid center. Now, he has a chance in Minnesota and is taking advantage of it.

The only thing the guy needs is for a team to believe in him. Obviously, we don't. We sent him to the D-League and he doesn't even play. A guy like Thabeet needs the coaching staff full attention. I'm sure he could become a solid center with some work. He has the talent, just needs to know how to use it and gain confidence. 

Similar to what was going on with Darko. Detroit ruined his confidence and it took him a while to get adjusted. He played pretty well in Orlando and Memphis, showing signs of being a solid center. Now, he has a chance in Minnesota and is taking advantage of it.

I don't know if JPZx would agree. But I was messing with the trade machine and tried this after reading the news about thaeet being available
Minnesota gets: Vasquez and Thabeet
Memphis gets: Bassy, Lazar, and Kosta kuofus

Lately I have been noticing the GIANt knee brace that CP3 has been wearing. Is the Hornets front office or coaches worry about that? I thought he was 100% healthy.

I don't know if JPZx would agree. But I was messing with the trade machine and tried this after reading the news about thaeet being available

Lately I have been noticing the GIANt knee brace that CP3 has been wearing. Is the Hornets front office or coaches worry about that? I thought he was 100% healthy.

Judging from the significant strides he made at UConn, I still got faith in Thabeet, not his fault the Grizzlies took him at #2

Judging from the significant strides he made at UConn, I still got faith in Thabeet, not his fault the Grizzlies took him at #2

eek.gif

BRENT BARRY IS BACK ON NBA TV TONIGHT. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE OF ANY SPURS TALK COME UP
laugh.gif

eek.gif

BRENT BARRY IS BACK ON NBA TV TONIGHT. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE OF ANY SPURS TALK COME UP
laugh.gif

Hakeem gonna be pissed if the Grizz give up on Thabeet. He already mad that dude got shipped to the D-League last year. 
laugh.gif

Interesting ranking of the past decade.

Let's take a look at the NBA's winners and losers of the 21st century -

http://
star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

[table][tr][td]Rank
[/td][td]Team[/td][td]World Champs[/td][td]Playoff Seasons[/td][td]Playoffs Series Wins[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]LA Lakers[/td][td]4[/td][td]9[/td][td]23[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Detroit[/td][td]1[/td][td]8[/td][td]16[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Miami[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Dallas[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Phoenix[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Orlando[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Utah[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Denver[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]New Jersey[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Sacramento[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Philadelphia[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-14[/td][td]Indiana[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-14[/td][td]New Orleans[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]Cleveland[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]Milwaukee[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-18[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-18[/td][td]Houston[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Portland[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Minnesota[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Washington[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Oklahoma City/Seattle[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Memphis/Vancouver[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-26[/td][td]New York[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-26[/td][td]Toronto[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-28[/td][td]Golden St.[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-28[/td][td]LA Clippers[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]Charlotte[/td][td]0[/td][td]1(6 yrs)[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Hakeem gonna be pissed if the Grizz give up on Thabeet. He already mad that dude got shipped to the D-League last year. 
laugh.gif

Interesting ranking of the past decade.

Let's take a look at the NBA's winners and losers of the 21st century -

http://
star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

[table][tr][td]Rank
[/td][td]Team[/td][td]World Champs[/td][td]Playoff Seasons[/td][td]Playoffs Series Wins[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]LA Lakers[/td][td]4[/td][td]9[/td][td]23[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Detroit[/td][td]1[/td][td]8[/td][td]16[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Miami[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Dallas[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Phoenix[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Orlando[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Utah[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Denver[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]New Jersey[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Sacramento[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Philadelphia[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-14[/td][td]Indiana[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-14[/td][td]New Orleans[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]Cleveland[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]Milwaukee[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-18[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-18[/td][td]Houston[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Portland[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Minnesota[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Washington[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Oklahoma City/Seattle[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Memphis/Vancouver[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-26[/td][td]New York[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-26[/td][td]Toronto[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-28[/td][td]Golden St.[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]t-28[/td][td]LA Clippers[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]Charlotte[/td][td]0[/td][td]1(6 yrs)[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Thabeet and Vasquez have more value than those three.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Thabeet and Vasquez have more value than those three.

Wow, that chart nicedude posted really puts things into perspective. The Craptors havent won a playoff series in 10 seasons
eek.gif
sick.gif

P.S. Please dont take my dude OKB too seriously. Us Craptor fans learned this 3-4 years ago
laugh.gif

Wow, that chart nicedude posted really puts things into perspective. The Craptors havent won a playoff series in 10 seasons
eek.gif
sick.gif

P.S. Please dont take my dude OKB too seriously. Us Craptor fans learned this 3-4 years ago
laugh.gif

The only thing the guy needs is for a team to believe in him.
And... Nobody ever gave up anything of value in trade for Darko, either...

Even if somebody believes in him, they aren't going to give you anything worthwhile to gamble and find out.

Even if somebody believes in him, they aren't going to give you anything worthwhile to gamble and find out.

I don't see it happening if we trade him alone. Add in one of our perimeter guys and we just might. Detroit traded Darko for a 1st round pick to Orlando. Grizz just used him to swing a deal for QRich from NY to bring us Zbo. Then, it ended with a Brian Cardinal swap to Minnesota which was the ugliest deal for him.
laugh.gif

I could see the Wizards giving us Yi and a 2nd rdr for Thabeet. NJ would probably give up Terrence Williams for him. May even be able to package Thabeet with someone to get one of Cleveland's big men. Any rebuilding team that needs size would probably offer something equal to the 1st round pick Orlando gave up that turned out to be Stuckey. 

That was still early in Darko's career where people believed in him similar to Thabeet. 

I don't see it happening if we trade him alone. Add in one of our perimeter guys and we just might. Detroit traded Darko for a 1st round pick to Orlando. Grizz just used him to swing a deal for QRich from NY to bring us Zbo. Then, it ended with a Brian Cardinal swap to Minnesota which was the ugliest deal for him.
laugh.gif

I could see the Wizards giving us Yi and a 2nd rdr for Thabeet. NJ would probably give up Terrence Williams for him. May even be able to package Thabeet with someone to get one of Cleveland's big men. Any rebuilding team that needs size would probably offer something equal to the 1st round pick Orlando gave up that turned out to be Stuckey. 

That was still early in Darko's career where people believed in him similar to Thabeet. 

Back
Top Bottom