OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I wouldnt bec mad if Knicks traded for Thabeet.....until i seen he's getting $5M 
sick.gif

What a re-read.
I know a prospect is exactly that, a prospect, but how was everyone so completely off?

The boxed quote got me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What a re-read.
I know a prospect is exactly that, a prospect, but how was everyone so completely off?

The boxed quote got me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just know that if the Nuggets had gotten the #2 pick, they would have selected Darko over Melo too...

Just know that if the Nuggets had gotten the #2 pick, they would have selected Darko over Melo too...

Originally Posted by PMatic

I remember hearing that pretty much every team in the L would've taken Darko had they owned the #2 pick.

I remember hearing that pretty much every team in the L would've taken Darko had they owned the #2 pick.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Wait what?
When was Darko considered a franchise player? He was projected to be a good european big man and how many of those actually work out? I'm not sure who they compared Darko too, but I'm sure it wasn't Dirk. He also had tremendous upside, but that didn't mean Thabeet had limited upside.

And an athletic 7'3 big man who can block shots has limited upside? People talked about how tremendous his upside was, so your point is invalid. Thabeet was projected to be a defensive force. He was compared to Mutombo on most draft sites.

Ya'll act like I'm asking for a starter for Thabeet by himself. 
laugh.gif
I don't know what draft sites you were reading but Thabeet's ceiling was being a one-dimensional defensive player. And everyone knew that was both a stretch and a project.

If Thabeet gets traded, I would bet he would be a throw in. If he's by himself, you'll be lucky to get a second rounder and a scrub.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Wait what?
When was Darko considered a franchise player? He was projected to be a good european big man and how many of those actually work out? I'm not sure who they compared Darko too, but I'm sure it wasn't Dirk. He also had tremendous upside, but that didn't mean Thabeet had limited upside.

And an athletic 7'3 big man who can block shots has limited upside? People talked about how tremendous his upside was, so your point is invalid. Thabeet was projected to be a defensive force. He was compared to Mutombo on most draft sites.

Ya'll act like I'm asking for a starter for Thabeet by himself. 
laugh.gif
I don't know what draft sites you were reading but Thabeet's ceiling was being a one-dimensional defensive player. And everyone knew that was both a stretch and a project.

If Thabeet gets traded, I would bet he would be a throw in. If he's by himself, you'll be lucky to get a second rounder and a scrub.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Yep, the hype he had was unreal.

9 straight games with 10+ digit victories for the Heat (Soon to be 10 with the Cavs coming to Miami on Wed. 
laugh.gif
)

All of the big 3 seem to be figuring how to contribute on any given night, and once Mike Miller comes back they are only going to be better for that

9 straight games with 10+ digit victories for the Heat (Soon to be 10 with the Cavs coming to Miami on Wed. 
laugh.gif
)

All of the big 3 seem to be figuring how to contribute on any given night, and once Mike Miller comes back they are only going to be better for that

True, I wasn't trying to single out the Pistons, I just couldn't find some of the other articles with other people saying essentially the same thing. Plus I thought that one was hilarious.

True, I wasn't trying to single out the Pistons, I just couldn't find some of the other articles with other people saying essentially the same thing. Plus I thought that one was hilarious.

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]He's going to own the game. Own the game. We're going to have to build a new arena. The only thing that could destroy a kid like that is a woman. [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]He's going to own the game. Own the game. We're going to have to build a new arena. The only thing that could destroy a kid like that is a woman. [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font]

Originally Posted by henz0

sick.gif
$!! is wrong with Chandlers mouth

I'm saying.
sick.gif

Really looking forward to the Celts/Knicks and Heat/Knicks games this week.

Originally Posted by henz0

sick.gif
$!! is wrong with Chandlers mouth

I'm saying.
sick.gif

Really looking forward to the Celts/Knicks and Heat/Knicks games this week.

It's sort of a shame he got drafted to such a talented, and the eventual championship, squad, which was coincidentally coached by somebody notorious for not liking young guys. Who knows how he may have turned out had he received the same opportunities that his draft class peers received.

30 front offices couldn't have been that wrong, right?

It's sort of a shame he got drafted to such a talented, and the eventual championship, squad, which was coincidentally coached by somebody notorious for not liking young guys. Who knows how he may have turned out had he received the same opportunities that his draft class peers received.

30 front offices couldn't have been that wrong, right?

Back
Top Bottom