OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Dumars, now the Pistons president, smiles when he sees Robinson walk onto the court Wednesday in preparation for Darko Milicic's individual workout. Call him a comfort blanket.

"Let me tell you something about Will Robinson," Dumars says. "He's seen it all. You can't fool Will Robinson. Nothing gets by him."

laugh.gif

Oh, word?

Dumars, now the Pistons president, smiles when he sees Robinson walk onto the court Wednesday in preparation for Darko Milicic's individual workout. Call him a comfort blanket.

"Let me tell you something about Will Robinson," Dumars says. "He's seen it all. You can't fool Will Robinson. Nothing gets by him."

laugh.gif

Oh, word?

Originally Posted by JD617

Just know that if the Nuggets had gotten the #2 pick, they would have selected Darko over Melo too...
No doubt, just trying to remind everyone how hyped up he was.
laugh.gif

Outside of LeBron and Yao, Darko probably had the most hype of any prospect since I've paid attention to the draft.

Originally Posted by JD617

Just know that if the Nuggets had gotten the #2 pick, they would have selected Darko over Melo too...
No doubt, just trying to remind everyone how hyped up he was.
laugh.gif

Outside of LeBron and Yao, Darko probably had the most hype of any prospect since I've paid attention to the draft.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

You knew a streak like this would be coming from Miami...they're figuring it out.

no they arent, they are playing garbage teams

let me know when they beat some elite teams while looking good then ill start to care

Originally Posted by SCuse7

You knew a streak like this would be coming from Miami...they're figuring it out.

no they arent, they are playing garbage teams

let me know when they beat some elite teams while looking good then ill start to care

Stupid, stupid mistakes.

We shouldn't have even had them in this game.

They definitely won that game.

All on us.
30t6p3b.gif

Portland will get destroyed on Wednesday.

Stupid, stupid mistakes.

We shouldn't have even had them in this game.

They definitely won that game.

All on us.
30t6p3b.gif

Portland will get destroyed on Wednesday.

Reward System At Heart Of Miami's Winning Streak
Dec 13, 2010 5:05 PM EST

A simple reward system has contributed to Miami's current eight-game winning streak.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra set parameters that reward his superstars with offensive freedom when they excel on the defensive end.

If Dwyane Wade grabs a defensive rebound, he has the green light to do whatever he wants offensively. If LeBron James makes a defensive stop, he controls his own game on the other end of the court.

"Our job is to defend and then we get rewarded with what we want to do on offense," James said.

Via Miami Herald

wqel;nxvl;jsdfklsdnlsdfjsda

A simple reward system has contributed to Miami's current eight-game winning streak.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra set parameters that reward his superstars with offensive freedom when they excel on the defensive end.

If Dwyane Wade grabs a defensive rebound, he has the green light to do whatever he wants offensively. If LeBron James makes a defensive stop, he controls his own game on the other end of the court.

"Our job is to defend and then we get rewarded with what we want to do on offense," James said.

Via Miami Herald

Found a few quotes about Thabeet before the Grizzlies took him.
On Sunday, the intrigue surrounding what Memphis should do with thesecond pick in the draft continues to deepen, as a handful of namesseem to be in play.

• In Memphis, the discussion is about the trade-off issue in drafting Hasheem Thabeet.The Commercial Appeal says that if Memphis takes him, "He'll be signedbased solely on his ability to be a defensive dynamo -- someone who canblock shots and rebound with authority." The problem is that might seemlike a pretty limited skill set for such a lofty pick.

A more complimentary one from Chad Ford:
Watching Thabeet run up sand dunes or listening to him talk about hisjourney from Africa to the NBA draft are nice. But at the end of theday, the question is: Can he play?
Thabeet's on-the-court work isbeing run by former NBA assistant coach and current D-League coachScott Roth, who has worked with Dirk Nowitzki in Dallas and Pau Gasolin Memphis. His specialty is helping big men make the transition to thepros.

Thabeet's workout is fast-paced. He begins with perimeterwork -- mostly midrange jumpers coming off screens, pick-and-roll jumpshots and some set shots.

Thabeet showed a soft touch on hisshot and excellent follow-through. Although he palmed the ball a littletoo much, he shot with great accuracy from 15 feet in. I was stunned.Swish after swish was not what I was expecting.

He'snot Brad Miller or Mehmet Okur, but when you look at his mechanics andconfidence in shooting the ball, I don't think there's any questionthat Thabeet could become a pick-and-pop big man over time.

Sounds like the next franchise center to me.

I had a feeling it was going to happen. The Mavs have gotten sloppy over the last 5 games of the win streak. They peaked when they won that game in Utah and since then, the intensity for 48 minutes hasn't been the same.

Found a few quotes about Thabeet before the Grizzlies took him.
On Sunday, the intrigue surrounding what Memphis should do with thesecond pick in the draft continues to deepen, as a handful of namesseem to be in play.

• In Memphis, the discussion is about the trade-off issue in drafting Hasheem Thabeet.The Commercial Appeal says that if Memphis takes him, "He'll be signedbased solely on his ability to be a defensive dynamo -- someone who canblock shots and rebound with authority." The problem is that might seemlike a pretty limited skill set for such a lofty pick.

A more complimentary one from Chad Ford:
Watching Thabeet run up sand dunes or listening to him talk about hisjourney from Africa to the NBA draft are nice. But at the end of theday, the question is: Can he play?
Thabeet's on-the-court work isbeing run by former NBA assistant coach and current D-League coachScott Roth, who has worked with Dirk Nowitzki in Dallas and Pau Gasolin Memphis. His specialty is helping big men make the transition to thepros.

Thabeet's workout is fast-paced. He begins with perimeterwork -- mostly midrange jumpers coming off screens, pick-and-roll jumpshots and some set shots.

Thabeet showed a soft touch on hisshot and excellent follow-through. Although he palmed the ball a littletoo much, he shot with great accuracy from 15 feet in. I was stunned.Swish after swish was not what I was expecting.

He'snot Brad Miller or Mehmet Okur, but when you look at his mechanics andconfidence in shooting the ball, I don't think there's any questionthat Thabeet could become a pick-and-pop big man over time.

Sounds like the next franchise center to me.

I had a feeling it was going to happen. The Mavs have gotten sloppy over the last 5 games of the win streak. They peaked when they won that game in Utah and since then, the intensity for 48 minutes hasn't been the same.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Via Miami Herald

2cg086a.gif

Back
Top Bottom