OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

this guy 
laugh.gif

eff Rick Fox for Eliza Dushku tho
mad.gif

i forgot about hakeem. i never really think about Ewing as foreign either. dirk is the best euro ever

i forgot about hakeem. i never really think about Ewing as foreign either. dirk is the best euro ever

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Ben Gordon is international too I guess?

To me, you are international based on where you honed your skills.

Tim Duncan honed his skills in the states at Wake Forest.

Dirk? Manu? Tony Parker? They all came from overseas, where they had to prove themselves.

I mean, I feel stupid saying this, but even Nash I'm a bit sketch on calling him international. Yeah he was born and raised in Canada, but he played his ball @ UCSC.

Maybe there should be DEGREES of internationalism!
laugh.gif

My main gripe is playing for Team USA though. I'd hate to see Dirk, Manu, or Pau play for Team USA.

It is an issue moreso now since so many international players are in the NBA and the global talent level has been increased ten fold over 20 years ago.

You see how many guys play in the Olympics that are either in the NBA or have been in the NBA, and each country has their own player or two or three or in countries like Argentina, Spain, and Lithuania, you have 4, sometimes 5 players with NBA experience.

I've always been a huge fan and follower of Team USA basketball. To know that guys like Hakeem and TD played for our team kind of diminishes their mark as international player. Tap that with going to College in the States, ehh..

I know I might sound utterly stupid, but just how I always felt about it.
UC Santa Cruz?
laugh.gif

Santa Clara is not a UC.

Dirk? Manu? Tony Parker? They all came from overseas, where they had to prove themselves.

I mean, I feel stupid saying this, but even Nash I'm a bit sketch on calling him international. Yeah he was born and raised in Canada, but he played his ball @ UCSC.

laugh.gif

My main gripe is playing for Team USA though. I'd hate to see Dirk, Manu, or Pau play for Team USA.

It is an issue moreso now since so many international players are in the NBA and the global talent level has been increased ten fold over 20 years ago.

You see how many guys play in the Olympics that are either in the NBA or have been in the NBA, and each country has their own player or two or three or in countries like Argentina, Spain, and Lithuania, you have 4, sometimes 5 players with NBA experience.

I've always been a huge fan and follower of Team USA basketball. To know that guys like Hakeem and TD played for our team kind of diminishes their mark as international player. Tap that with going to College in the States, ehh..

UC Santa Cruz?
laugh.gif

Santa Clara is not a UC.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif

UC Santa Cruz?
laugh.gif

Santa Clara is not a UC.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
go back to Dallas JA

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif

UC Santa Cruz?
laugh.gif

Santa Clara is not a UC.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
go back to Dallas JA

laugh.gif

was the statement not "foreign born"?  and timmy and hakeem both had to apply for their US citizenship later on in life, which permitted them to then play for team USA in the olympics

if dirk were to apply for and receive US citizenship, would that diminish his status as a "foreign born" player?

where are you from?

as someone from the caribbean (I'm from the bahamas).. you're over blowing the whole college thing

if you want a prefect example of what I am talking about, look at track and field.. check out how many athletes from the caribbean are killing it

if you want an opportunity and because of our close location to the US.. A TON of us end up going over to the US for high school and college (I'm talking from experience on this one)

laugh.gif

was the statement not "foreign born"?  and timmy and hakeem both had to apply for their US citizenship later on in life, which permitted them to then play for team USA in the olympics

if dirk were to apply for and receive US citizenship, would that diminish his status as a "foreign born" player?

where are you from?

as someone from the caribbean (I'm from the bahamas).. you're over blowing the whole college thing

if you want a prefect example of what I am talking about, look at track and field.. check out how many athletes from the caribbean are killing it

if you want an opportunity and because of our close location to the US.. A TON of us end up going over to the US for high school and college (I'm talking from experience on this one)

I don't know why the hell I said UCSC.
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I see where yall are coming from, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of a foreign-born player playing for a different country, even if you do have citizenship.

Same goes with Chris Kaman.

It's nothing against these guys, it's just it's really iffy to me that you wouldn't play for the country you were born in.

I GET that they are foreign-born, it's just there's a difference for me between playing college ball here and playing overseas and then transferring over to the NBA.

I don't know why the hell I said UCSC.
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I see where yall are coming from, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of a foreign-born player playing for a different country, even if you do have citizenship.

Same goes with Chris Kaman.

It's nothing against these guys, it's just it's really iffy to me that you wouldn't play for the country you were born in.

I GET that they are foreign-born, it's just there's a difference for me between playing college ball here and playing overseas and then transferring over to the NBA.

Damn, KG has been tearing it up this year.
30t6p3b.gif

Amir, 14/15 with some change left in the Third quarter,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Not to mention 3 steals 2 blocks.
pimp.gif

Damn, KG has been tearing it up this year.
30t6p3b.gif

Amir, 14/15 with some change left in the Third quarter,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Not to mention 3 steals 2 blocks.
pimp.gif

im calling it: Jerryd Bayless: the next great PG 
pimp.gif

ive been waiting for this dude to get some decent PT since he was drafted.

im calling it: Jerryd Bayless: the next great PG 
pimp.gif

ive been waiting for this dude to get some decent PT since he was drafted.

KG is back to how he was playing when he we won the championship

and wow how much nates game has changed

KG is back to how he was playing when he we won the championship

and wow how much nates game has changed

Back
Top Bottom