OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by DubA169

i wish we got a chance to see how good petro could have been...

but yeah dirk is the best foreign ball player ever. if, if, if

Somewhere the Dream is laughing.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Same Dream that participated in the USA Olympic team?

Yeah he's foreign-born, but eh...

If you want to discount Dirk that title, than he's the best European player then. Definitely.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Same Dream that participated in the USA Olympic team?

Yeah he's foreign-born, but eh...

If you want to discount Dirk that title, than he's the best European player then. Definitely.

That dude is whiter than Jason Williams.
laugh.gif

Dirk is a REAL euro-product.

Guy came straight from Germany into the NBA.

Hakeem and Timmy went to College in the states, plus they're the US Virgin Islands!
laugh.gif

I don't know, you play for Team USA, I have a hard time seeing you as an international player.

Hakeem I can understand definitely.

Still though, you go through NCAA, your label as international is sketchy, AND play for Team USA?

Represent your country, please.

That dude is whiter than Jason Williams.
laugh.gif

Dirk is a REAL euro-product.

Guy came straight from Germany into the NBA.

Hakeem and Timmy went to College in the states, plus they're the US Virgin Islands!
laugh.gif

I don't know, you play for Team USA, I have a hard time seeing you as an international player.

Hakeem I can understand definitely.

Still though, you go through NCAA, your label as international is sketchy, AND play for Team USA?

Represent your country, please.

not sure what any of that has to do with where a player is born..

and does the US virgin islands not send their own team to the olympics?

not sure what any of that has to do with where a player is born..

and does the US virgin islands not send their own team to the olympics?

Ben Gordon is international too I guess?

To me, you are international based on where you honed your skills.

Tim Duncan honed his skills in the states at Wake Forest.

Dirk? Manu? Tony Parker? They all came from overseas, where they had to prove themselves.

I mean, I feel stupid saying this, but even Nash I'm a bit sketch on calling him international. Yeah he was born and raised in Canada, but he played his ball @ UCSC.

Maybe there should be DEGREES of internationalism!
laugh.gif

My main gripe is playing for Team USA though. I'd hate to see Dirk, Manu, or Pau play for Team USA.

It is an issue moreso now since so many international players are in the NBA and the global talent level has been increased ten fold over 20 years ago.

You see how many guys play in the Olympics that are either in the NBA or have been in the NBA, and each country has their own player or two or three or in countries like Argentina, Spain, and Lithuania, you have 4, sometimes 5 players with NBA experience.

I've always been a huge fan and follower of Team USA basketball. To know that guys like Hakeem and TD played for our team kind of diminishes their mark as international player. Tap that with going to College in the States, ehh..

I know I might sound utterly stupid, but just how I always felt about it.

Dirk? Manu? Tony Parker? They all came from overseas, where they had to prove themselves.

I mean, I feel stupid saying this, but even Nash I'm a bit sketch on calling him international. Yeah he was born and raised in Canada, but he played his ball @ UCSC.

laugh.gif

My main gripe is playing for Team USA though. I'd hate to see Dirk, Manu, or Pau play for Team USA.

It is an issue moreso now since so many international players are in the NBA and the global talent level has been increased ten fold over 20 years ago.

You see how many guys play in the Olympics that are either in the NBA or have been in the NBA, and each country has their own player or two or three or in countries like Argentina, Spain, and Lithuania, you have 4, sometimes 5 players with NBA experience.

I've always been a huge fan and follower of Team USA basketball. To know that guys like Hakeem and TD played for our team kind of diminishes their mark as international player. Tap that with going to College in the States, ehh..

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You're making it way more complicated than it is. If you're not a U.S citizen, you're a international player. Timmy was born in the U.S Virgin Islands and holds U.S citizenship, thus he isn't an international player. Hakeem was an international player but became a U.S citizen in 1993, and played for the U.S Olympic team in 1996. Nash is an international player; holds Canadian citizenship and actually holds the highest Canadian civilian honor.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You're making it way more complicated than it is. If you're not a U.S citizen, you're a international player. Timmy was born in the U.S Virgin Islands and holds U.S citizenship, thus he isn't an international player. Hakeem was an international player but became a U.S citizen in 1993, and played for the U.S Olympic team in 1996. Nash is an international player; holds Canadian citizenship and actually holds the highest Canadian civilian honor.

I know all of this, I know the difference between all those guys, but I don't know man. Playing your college ball in the states AND playing for Team USA?

Ehh. If you're proud enough to represent Team USA than that's not an international guy in my eyes. It really makes me feel torn because I love Hakeem, and do consider him International, but still I don't like the fact he played for Team USA.

I know all of this, I know the difference between all those guys, but I don't know man. Playing your college ball in the states AND playing for Team USA?

Ehh. If you're proud enough to represent Team USA than that's not an international guy in my eyes. It really makes me feel torn because I love Hakeem, and do consider him International, but still I don't like the fact he played for Team USA.

Back
Top Bottom