OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Let's pretend for a second that OC is still alive..... 

Anyone else die of laughter to see him saunter out onto the court during a timeout with his purse strap firmly around his shoulder and see him walk up and slap Bron across the face like a girl that you never called back? 

I think I would.  I think I would die a happy man. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can't wait to see that crowd tomorrow. 
pimp.gif

pretty sure OC is welcome2jungle. i'm sure he's someone on this board. it's crazy he's really the only cavs fan who vanished

I actually had the Pistons winning it all that year believe it or not, probably my best prediction ever
laugh.gif
.  But I stand by the fact that the T-Wolves would have beat the LAkers if Cassell hadn't got hurt.  Cassell was playing as an incredibly high level that year, I think he finished 2nd team all NBA, might be wrong on that though.  Either way he routinely throughout that year had taken over for 4 quarters and was abusing Fish at the start of the series, but once he got hurt that all went out the window.  The Lakers were imploding that year, I know your too much of a homer to se that but the contempt between Kobe and Shaq was tangible from my living room couch.

I actually had the Pistons winning it all that year believe it or not, probably my best prediction ever
laugh.gif
.  But I stand by the fact that the T-Wolves would have beat the LAkers if Cassell hadn't got hurt.  Cassell was playing as an incredibly high level that year, I think he finished 2nd team all NBA, might be wrong on that though.  Either way he routinely throughout that year had taken over for 4 quarters and was abusing Fish at the start of the series, but once he got hurt that all went out the window.  The Lakers were imploding that year, I know your too much of a homer to se that but the contempt between Kobe and Shaq was tangible from my living room couch.

OKC has to move Green, Ive said this before. Its no different than Orlando needing to get Lewis out of the 4spot. It wont win you a ring. Maybe OKC can get into the 3-team deal and pickup Gortat. That would be a hell of a move for them. Gortat-Ibaka-Durant-whoever-Westbrook. I like it A LOT.

OKC has to move Green, Ive said this before. Its no different than Orlando needing to get Lewis out of the 4spot. It wont win you a ring. Maybe OKC can get into the 3-team deal and pickup Gortat. That would be a hell of a move for them. Gortat-Ibaka-Durant-whoever-Westbrook. I like it A LOT.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And if Cassell doesn't get hurt, then the Pistons probably wouldn't give anyone anything to argue about.
wink.gif

And Westbrook and Ibaka alone make OKC better defensively.  Does anyone see a lot of similarities between Pippen and Westbrook despite the position difference?  I'm much younger than a bunch of you so tell me if I'm out of line, but the way Westbrook roams defensively and can lock up his man while still making plays off the ball is amazing.  Plus they both are fearless going to the hoop and above average passers.  Just throwing that out there, I obviously don't remember Pippen's heyday very well.

The defensive tenacity is there, but Pippen's ability to defend multiple positions was out of this world.

And if Cassell doesn't get hurt, then the Pistons probably wouldn't give anyone anything to argue about.
wink.gif

And Westbrook and Ibaka alone make OKC better defensively.  Does anyone see a lot of similarities between Pippen and Westbrook despite the position difference?  I'm much younger than a bunch of you so tell me if I'm out of line, but the way Westbrook roams defensively and can lock up his man while still making plays off the ball is amazing.  Plus they both are fearless going to the hoop and above average passers.  Just throwing that out there, I obviously don't remember Pippen's heyday very well.

The defensive tenacity is there, but Pippen's ability to defend multiple positions was out of this world.

You're off your rocker if you don't think I know Shaq and Kobe were getting bad.  I know all about it, I've read the book, all the newspapers from LA, everything.   I know. 

But Minny was Minny.  As great as Sam was, Hudson was just as tough on us over the years.  So it was really a minimal effect.  If there had been some huge drop off from Sam to Troy, then I would see what you were saying. 

You're off your rocker if you don't think I know Shaq and Kobe were getting bad.  I know all about it, I've read the book, all the newspapers from LA, everything.   I know. 

But Minny was Minny.  As great as Sam was, Hudson was just as tough on us over the years.  So it was really a minimal effect.  If there had been some huge drop off from Sam to Troy, then I would see what you were saying. 

Ibaka is a center though and provides the same !*%* Ibaka does...They need a meat and potatoes guy, a Paul Millsap who doesn't need the ball in their hands and gets points from guard penetration and offensive rebounding. They should have made an offer to Scola this summer, he would have been perfect for them.

Ibaka is a center though and provides the same !*%* Ibaka does...They need a meat and potatoes guy, a Paul Millsap who doesn't need the ball in their hands and gets points from guard penetration and offensive rebounding. They should have made an offer to Scola this summer, he would have been perfect for them.

And Durant is leading the league in scoring, and we're calling him done? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
  My guess is he's gassed from the Summer ball he played.  Maybe not, maybe I'm wrong, but at some point it has to catch up to you a lil bit.  Plus I'm sure defenses have spent all summer figuring ways to slow him down a notch. 
Durant is chucking it though. The son is shooting 42%. That's basura. That's AI numbers right there. He can't keep that up, or else they won't be efficient. He HAS had a long summer and it's catching up to him. Kobe is in that same boat too, he's chucking it. It's not just because of his FGA, but it's his %.

What really stands out to me is Dirk is 4th in PPG, basically 1.5 points behind Druant right now, but he's shooting 12% better than KD, 11% better than Kobe, and 8% better than Rose, and gets to the line fewer or equal to all three. Only player right now shooting above 50% and averaging 25+ PPG. Call me biased, but I'd rather have someone taking only 18 shots and making 54% of them over someone taking 21 shots and only making 42% of them.

If we want to talk about who's doing well this year in OKC, let's talk about Russ. THAT MAN, is doing his thing. 24/5/8.6 assists on 45% shooting from your PG?  Damn.

Comparing Rose and Durant as well.... You got Durant scoring .7 PPG more, on basically what is one shot more per game, but he's shooting 5% worse than Rose. Rose is also getting just roughly only about 2 RPG fewer, and keeping his assists sky-high while his turnovers are just at Durants? Cot damn.

And Durant is leading the league in scoring, and we're calling him done? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
  My guess is he's gassed from the Summer ball he played.  Maybe not, maybe I'm wrong, but at some point it has to catch up to you a lil bit.  Plus I'm sure defenses have spent all summer figuring ways to slow him down a notch. 
Durant is chucking it though. The son is shooting 42%. That's basura. That's AI numbers right there. He can't keep that up, or else they won't be efficient. He HAS had a long summer and it's catching up to him. Kobe is in that same boat too, he's chucking it. It's not just because of his FGA, but it's his %.

What really stands out to me is Dirk is 4th in PPG, basically 1.5 points behind Druant right now, but he's shooting 12% better than KD, 11% better than Kobe, and 8% better than Rose, and gets to the line fewer or equal to all three. Only player right now shooting above 50% and averaging 25+ PPG. Call me biased, but I'd rather have someone taking only 18 shots and making 54% of them over someone taking 21 shots and only making 42% of them.

If we want to talk about who's doing well this year in OKC, let's talk about Russ. THAT MAN, is doing his thing. 24/5/8.6 assists on 45% shooting from your PG?  Damn.

Comparing Rose and Durant as well.... You got Durant scoring .7 PPG more, on basically what is one shot more per game, but he's shooting 5% worse than Rose. Rose is also getting just roughly only about 2 RPG fewer, and keeping his assists sky-high while his turnovers are just at Durants? Cot damn.

^
Problem is JA, you may be wrong anyways.  Chi may have a nicer 1-12 or however you wanna split it, but Durant and his ceiling is FAR higher then anyone on the Bulls.  And since we can't tell Westbrook apart from Rose these days, that just doubles up the pieces OKC has to win something, over what Chi employs. 

I like Booz, he's a solid player, but he can be EASILY neutralized in the playoffs by length.  You put a 7 footer on him, and he's now rendered ineffective. That's a problem they will face. 

So while the role guys of the Bulls may be better then OKC, OKC has the higher ceiling due to KD. 

We all know, your team goes as far as your star takes you.  Give the Bulls Melo and Rose, now we talkin. 

[table][tr][td]Career Averages[/td][td]Rebounds[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]YR[/td][td]TM[/td][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]MIN[/td][td]FG[/td][td]      FG%[/td][td]3P[/td][td]3P%[/td][td]FT[/td][td]FT%[/td][td]STL[/td][td]BLK[/td][td]TO[/td][td]PF[/td][td]OFF[/td][td]DEF[/td][td]TOT[/td][td]AST[/td][td]PT[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
09-10
[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]39.5[/td][td]9.7-20.3[/td][td].476[/td][td]1.6-4.3[/td][td].365[/td][td]9.2-10.2[/td][td].900[/td][td]1.40[/td][td]1.00[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]30.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]10-11[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]40.5[/td][td]8.9-21.2[/td][td].419[/td][td]1.4-5.4[/td][td].267[/td][td]8.1-8.9[/td][td].915[/td][td]1.20[/td][td]1.00[/td][td]3.5[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]6.0[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]27.3[/td][/tr][/table]
When does this become a big deal?? 
nerd.gif

Edit: Didn't see JA's latest non-Mavs post until now. 

Edit #2: Should have the read the entire post before declaring it "non-Mavs" 
eyes.gif

I'm sure you meant Gortat 
laugh.gif

Millsap would've been a nice pick up. Basically anybody who's capable of rebounding and getting buckets off of tips would be good. Zach Randolph would actually look great with them if they utilized him the way he suppose to. As in, feed him the ball off dribble penetration and let him gobble up offensive boards with put backs. 

He's one of the best in the league at doing that. His defense doesn't fit their system though, but I'm sure with the amount of good defenders on their team it won't hurt them as bad.

I'm sure you meant Gortat 
laugh.gif

Millsap would've been a nice pick up. Basically anybody who's capable of rebounding and getting buckets off of tips would be good. Zach Randolph would actually look great with them if they utilized him the way he suppose to. As in, feed him the ball off dribble penetration and let him gobble up offensive boards with put backs. 

He's one of the best in the league at doing that. His defense doesn't fit their system though, but I'm sure with the amount of good defenders on their team it won't hurt them as bad.

^
Problem is JA, you may be wrong anyways.  Chi may have a nicer 1-12 or however you wanna split it, but Durant and his ceiling is FAR higher then anyone on the Bulls.  And since we can't tell Westbrook apart from Rose these days, that just doubles up the pieces OKC has to win something, over what Chi employs. 

I like Booz, he's a solid player, but he can be EASILY neutralized in the playoffs by length.  You put a 7 footer on him, and he's now rendered ineffective. That's a problem they will face. 

So while the role guys of the Bulls may be better then OKC, OKC has the higher ceiling due to KD. 

We all know, your team goes as far as your star takes you.  Give the Bulls Melo and Rose, now we talkin. 

[table][tr][td]Career Averages[/td][td]Rebounds[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]YR[/td][td]TM[/td][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]MIN[/td][td]FG[/td][td]      FG%[/td][td]3P[/td][td]3P%[/td][td]FT[/td][td]FT%[/td][td]STL[/td][td]BLK[/td][td]TO[/td][td]PF[/td][td]OFF[/td][td]DEF[/td][td]TOT[/td][td]AST[/td][td]PT[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
09-10
[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]39.5[/td][td]9.7-20.3[/td][td].476[/td][td]1.6-4.3[/td][td].365[/td][td]9.2-10.2[/td][td].900[/td][td]1.40[/td][td]1.00[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]30.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]10-11[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]40.5[/td][td]8.9-21.2[/td][td].419[/td][td]1.4-5.4[/td][td].267[/td][td]8.1-8.9[/td][td].915[/td][td]1.20[/td][td]1.00[/td][td]3.5[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]6.0[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]27.3[/td][/tr][/table]
When does this become a big deal?? 
nerd.gif

Edit: Didn't see JA's latest non-Mavs post until now. 

Edit #2: Should have the read the entire post before declaring it "non-Mavs" 
eyes.gif

If there had been some huge drop off from Sam to Troy, then I would see what you were saying. 
Even if you don't think there was a dropoff talent-wise, which there was, where talking about Sam Cassell here, the guy has as big cojones in clutch situations as much as anyone in that era even if he wasn't in their elite category.  As we all know no player shys away from the rock in big minute situations like KG does, so once Sam was gone that team was finished.  As much as KG was the MVP that year, that team was as much Sam's as him.  It had Sam's swagger and his bravado, *+*$ I think KG's whole routine he does now could be attributed from copying Sam.  You think it is a coincidence that KG a career loser never gets  out of the 1st round and than Sam shows up and they all of a sudden become the best team in the league.  The fact that you think Troy Hudson though and Sam that year is comparable
laugh.gif
.  It would have at least gone 7.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

LOL @ the Magic if they make the move to acquire Arenas. Dwight barely gets enough touches as it is...

dwight's usage rate is 25.7...highest of any center in the league

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

LOL @ the Magic if they make the move to acquire Arenas. Dwight barely gets enough touches as it is...

dwight's usage rate is 25.7...highest of any center in the league

If there had been some huge drop off from Sam to Troy, then I would see what you were saying. 
Even if you don't think there was a dropoff talent-wise, which there was, where talking about Sam Cassell here, the guy has as big cojones in clutch situations as much as anyone in that era even if he wasn't in their elite category.  As we all know no player shys away from the rock in big minute situations like KG does, so once Sam was gone that team was finished.  As much as KG was the MVP that year, that team was as much Sam's as him.  It had Sam's swagger and his bravado, *+*$ I think KG's whole routine he does now could be attributed from copying Sam.  You think it is a coincidence that KG a career loser never gets  out of the 1st round and than Sam shows up and they all of a sudden become the best team in the league.  The fact that you think Troy Hudson though and Sam that year is comparable
laugh.gif
.  It would have at least gone 7.

Troy Hudson balled against the Lakers in 2003, but Cassell was on a whole different level. That loss hurt Minnesota big time. But let's keep talking about Karl Malone.

Troy Hudson balled against the Lakers in 2003, but Cassell was on a whole different level. That loss hurt Minnesota big time. But let's keep talking about Karl Malone.

Back
Top Bottom