OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

There has GOT TO BE less than 9,000 people at this Hawks game. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by CP1708

Troy Hudson balled against the Lakers in 2003, but Cassell was on a whole different level. That loss hurt Minnesota big time. But let's keep talking about Karl Malone.
I'm sort of confused by what you guys are getting at.  Hudson was knockin down shots left and right.  He wasn't going to hit them if Cassell was out there, and no way to know if Cassell was gonna hit the same shots Troy was, so what're we doin here?  And neither of them were stoppin Kareem Friggin Rush from doing anything, so what exactly is the point?  Cassell's 3's would be more painful for us or what? 
laugh.gif
  They weren't gonna play Troy and Sam together, so I mean.......
ohwell.gif

Point #1: Cassell > Hudson.

Point #2: Cassell > Hudson > Hoiberg. Two of those three were out against the Lakers. I think that made a difference.

Point #3: If you are going to talk about how the loss of Malone's paltry numbers affected the Lakers' championship potential, the same argument can be made for Cassell.

Agreed Cassell > Hudson. 

Now, may I? 

Malone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slava God Damn Medvedenko.

See what I'm gettin at there? 

Troy did work.  Is Sam better?  Yes.  But Troy did a damn good job in that series, and torched the hell out of us.  Do we all agree with that?  Yes.  

Slava, sadly, did NOT do work, unless you count his work for the Detroit Pistons.  The fall off was MASSIVE. 

So now can you relax on the small meaningless comment I made when talkin about the 04 series?  I was merely countering a point made my JA, one I wish I hadn't made now since I have to bring up Slava Medvedenko for any damn reason. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also note, since we doin this, Horace Grant was also out.  Slava was PF #3. 

We shouldn't have lost that series regardless, there is no doubt.  Kobe and Shaq fighting like girls was ridiculous and horribly bad timing.  It was an epic failure.  However, Karl Malone being out of the series KILLED any chance we would have had under normal playing conditions.  Sheed had been pushed around by the Lakers FOR YEARS with the likes of AC Green, Horace Grant, and Robert Horry.  Sheed wouldn't go in the paint against us on a breakaway those years. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  But once he saw Slava out there, he went willy nilly on our @#$. 

Troy Hudson balled against the Lakers in 2003, but Cassell was on a whole different level. That loss hurt Minnesota big time. But let's keep talking about Karl Malone.
I'm sort of confused by what you guys are getting at.  Hudson was knockin down shots left and right.  He wasn't going to hit them if Cassell was out there, and no way to know if Cassell was gonna hit the same shots Troy was, so what're we doin here?  And neither of them were stoppin Kareem Friggin Rush from doing anything, so what exactly is the point?  Cassell's 3's would be more painful for us or what? 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Point #2: Cassell > Hudson > Hoiberg. Two of those three were out against the Lakers. I think that made a difference.

Point #3: If you are going to talk about how the loss of Malone's paltry numbers affected the Lakers' championship potential, the same argument can be made for Cassell.

Agreed Cassell > Hudson. 

Now, may I? 

Troy did work.  Is Sam better?  Yes.  But Troy did a damn good job in that series, and torched the hell out of us.  Do we all agree with that?  Yes.  

Slava, sadly, did NOT do work, unless you count his work for the Detroit Pistons.  The fall off was MASSIVE. 

So now can you relax on the small meaningless comment I made when talkin about the 04 series?  I was merely countering a point made my JA, one I wish I hadn't made now since I have to bring up Slava Medvedenko for any damn reason. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We shouldn't have lost that series regardless, there is no doubt.  Kobe and Shaq fighting like girls was ridiculous and horribly bad timing.  It was an epic failure.  However, Karl Malone being out of the series KILLED any chance we would have had under normal playing conditions.  Sheed had been pushed around by the Lakers FOR YEARS with the likes of AC Green, Horace Grant, and Robert Horry.  Sheed wouldn't go in the paint against us on a breakaway those years. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Agreed Cassell > Hudson. 

Now, may I? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hudson balled in 2003. He never played against the Lakers in 2004. Hoiberg was PG #3. Would it have mattered if Hudson was available? I don't know. But the falloff from Cassell to Hoiberg was much greater than the fallout from Malone to Slava. Now we can move on. 

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Agreed Cassell > Hudson. 

Now, may I? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hudson balled in 2003. He never played against the Lakers in 2004. Hoiberg was PG #3. Would it have mattered if Hudson was available? I don't know. But the falloff from Cassell to Hoiberg was much greater than the fallout from Malone to Slava. Now we can move on. 

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Kevin Durant been "exposed" this season! That is NT for you.

Not hate but what has 'Reke been up too?  Seems like he regressed from last year.
T-Mac having a higher FG% than Kobe this year. Kobe getting old.
laugh.gif
Stop it. Too much sarcasm

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Kevin Durant been "exposed" this season! That is NT for you.

Not hate but what has 'Reke been up too?  Seems like he regressed from last year.
T-Mac having a higher FG% than Kobe this year. Kobe getting old.
laugh.gif
Stop it. Too much sarcasm

The Timberwolves had Darrick Martin starting for them in that series.

He hadn't started a game in nearly five years up to that series.

Darrick *+@+$#% Martin.

Darrick *+@+$#% Martin.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Darrick *+@+$#% Martin.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Derrick Goddamn Martin
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Darrick *+@+$#% Martin.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Derrick Goddamn Martin
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

as a Raptor fan who watched Derrick martin waddle around for like 3 years until he got a sweet coaching gig I find that truly shocking, Derrick Martin may be one of the worst players I have ever seen. 

as a Raptor fan who watched Derrick martin waddle around for like 3 years until he got a sweet coaching gig I find that truly shocking, Derrick Martin may be one of the worst players I have ever seen. 

does anyone know what reggie evans contract situation is?

also do you think yao will get into the all star game?

does anyone know what reggie evans contract situation is?

also do you think yao will get into the all star game?

CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Cavaliers have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into a high-powered Midwestern law firm to investigate their suspicions that the Miami Heat broke NBA tampering rules while pursuing LeBron James(notes), and owner Dan Gilbert has privately vowed he won’t relent until he has a thick binder of findings to drop on the desk of the NBA commissioner, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The NBA won’t launch an investigation into a tampering case without a formal request from a team, but sources say Gilbert’s plan is to give commissioner David Stern a detailed case that includes meetings, phone calls and contingency plans that date as far back as 2008. Gilbert will implore Stern to use his powers as commissioner to get access to phone records and testimony of key people surrounding Heat president Pat Riley, James and others potentially involved.

Gilbert will spare no expense to uncover whatever evidence he can to take to the league office, two sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo! Sports. The law firm staff includes several former prosecutors with backgrounds in investigating and constructing cases, sources said.

Prior to the start of free agency on July 1, no Miami Heat representative – including star Dwyane Wade(notes) – was allowed to discuss with James the specific circumstances around Wade, Toronto’s Chris Bosh(notes) and James joining together with the Heat.

One focus of the law firm’s probe includes an alleged Riley-James meeting in Miami in November 2009, and a meeting of James’ inner circle with Wade in Chicago in June 2010, sources said.

Riley, James, Wade and Bosh have denied there was a predetermined collusion in the historic free-agent binge, although the players have admitted to discussing the possibility of playing together as far back as the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

When approached about the story on Tuesday night at Cleveland’s Quicken Loans Arena, Gilbert declined to answer questions from Yahoo! Sports.

As one league source told Yahoo! Sports: The Cavs are “determined to get everything out there. They’re not letting go of this. They’re not going to just let this die.

CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Cavaliers have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into a high-powered Midwestern law firm to investigate their suspicions that the Miami Heat broke NBA tampering rules while pursuing LeBron James(notes), and owner Dan Gilbert has privately vowed he won’t relent until he has a thick binder of findings to drop on the desk of the NBA commissioner, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The NBA won’t launch an investigation into a tampering case without a formal request from a team, but sources say Gilbert’s plan is to give commissioner David Stern a detailed case that includes meetings, phone calls and contingency plans that date as far back as 2008. Gilbert will implore Stern to use his powers as commissioner to get access to phone records and testimony of key people surrounding Heat president Pat Riley, James and others potentially involved.

Gilbert will spare no expense to uncover whatever evidence he can to take to the league office, two sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo! Sports. The law firm staff includes several former prosecutors with backgrounds in investigating and constructing cases, sources said.

Prior to the start of free agency on July 1, no Miami Heat representative – including star Dwyane Wade(notes) – was allowed to discuss with James the specific circumstances around Wade, Toronto’s Chris Bosh(notes) and James joining together with the Heat.

One focus of the law firm’s probe includes an alleged Riley-James meeting in Miami in November 2009, and a meeting of James’ inner circle with Wade in Chicago in June 2010, sources said.

Riley, James, Wade and Bosh have denied there was a predetermined collusion in the historic free-agent binge, although the players have admitted to discussing the possibility of playing together as far back as the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

When approached about the story on Tuesday night at Cleveland’s Quicken Loans Arena, Gilbert declined to answer questions from Yahoo! Sports.

As one league source told Yahoo! Sports: The Cavs are “determined to get everything out there. They’re not letting go of this. They’re not going to just let this die.

Well damn, I knew Troy was a Laker killer, I didn't know it was the 03 series and not 04 series.  My bad ya'll. 
embarassed.gif

Well damn, I knew Troy was a Laker killer, I didn't know it was the 03 series and not 04 series.  My bad ya'll. 
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom