OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

laugh.gif
Bijald.

You knew I had to throw it in there.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Troy Hudson balled against the Lakers in 2003, but Cassell was on a whole different level. That loss hurt Minnesota big time. But let's keep talking about Karl Malone.
I'm sort of confused by what you guys are getting at.  Hudson was knockin down shots left and right.  He wasn't going to hit them if Cassell was out there, and no way to know if Cassell was gonna hit the same shots Troy was, so what're we doin here?  And neither of them were stoppin Kareem Friggin Rush from doing anything, so what exactly is the point?  Cassell's 3's would be more painful for us or what? 
laugh.gif
  They weren't gonna play Troy and Sam together, so I mean.......
ohwell.gif

Troy Hudson balled against the Lakers in 2003, but Cassell was on a whole different level. That loss hurt Minnesota big time. But let's keep talking about Karl Malone.
I'm sort of confused by what you guys are getting at.  Hudson was knockin down shots left and right.  He wasn't going to hit them if Cassell was out there, and no way to know if Cassell was gonna hit the same shots Troy was, so what're we doin here?  And neither of them were stoppin Kareem Friggin Rush from doing anything, so what exactly is the point?  Cassell's 3's would be more painful for us or what? 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
What really stands out to me is Dirk is 4th in PPG, basically 1.5 points behind Druant right now, but he's shooting 12% better than KD, 11% better than Kobe, and 8% better than Rose, and gets to the line fewer or equal to all three. Only player right now shooting above 50% and averaging 25+ PPG. Call me biased, but I'd rather have someone taking only 18 shots and making 54% of them over someone taking 21 shots and only making 42% of them.

I know, clearly it has worked out well for Dirk and the Mavs all these years. 
wink.gif

Hence why sometimes numbers ain't everything. 
laugh.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
What really stands out to me is Dirk is 4th in PPG, basically 1.5 points behind Druant right now, but he's shooting 12% better than KD, 11% better than Kobe, and 8% better than Rose, and gets to the line fewer or equal to all three. Only player right now shooting above 50% and averaging 25+ PPG. Call me biased, but I'd rather have someone taking only 18 shots and making 54% of them over someone taking 21 shots and only making 42% of them.

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

JapanAir21 wrote:
wink.gif

laugh.gif

I'm just saying though, he can't keep that up.

Numbers ain't everything but it doesn't take a genius to realize he's off right now.

And as long as he's off, they are going no where. I just don't see what the fascination with him and the Thunder are. I never have.

JapanAir21 wrote:
wink.gif

laugh.gif

I'm just saying though, he can't keep that up.

Numbers ain't everything but it doesn't take a genius to realize he's off right now.

And as long as he's off, they are going no where. I just don't see what the fascination with him and the Thunder are. I never have.

Is ibaka really a center? He cant just be the millsap of the team? Im a bit ignorant of OKC, I havent watched any of their games this season so Im kind of pitching in the dark on Ibaka. Just seems like him being athletic and a hustle guy, hed be better playing the athletic 4s in the league. OKC could then get a tall more stout 5 to play against Dwight, Noah, Bynum, Perkins, etc.

Is ibaka really a center? He cant just be the millsap of the team? Im a bit ignorant of OKC, I havent watched any of their games this season so Im kind of pitching in the dark on Ibaka. Just seems like him being athletic and a hustle guy, hed be better playing the athletic 4s in the league. OKC could then get a tall more stout 5 to play against Dwight, Noah, Bynum, Perkins, etc.

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

LOL @ the Magic if they make the move to acquire Arenas. Dwight barely gets enough touches as it is...

dwight's usage rate is 25.7...highest of any center in the league
Yet, it should still be higher. Seriously.

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

LOL @ the Magic if they make the move to acquire Arenas. Dwight barely gets enough touches as it is...

dwight's usage rate is 25.7...highest of any center in the league
Yet, it should still be higher. Seriously.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Kevin Durant been "exposed" this season! That is NT for you.

Not hate but what has 'Reke been up too?  Seems like he regressed from last year.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Kevin Durant been "exposed" this season! That is NT for you.

Not hate but what has 'Reke been up too?  Seems like he regressed from last year.

mad.gif
mad.gif
As a wolves fan (especially that year I started watching the NBA seriously) I have one thing to say about that series......

*#$% Kareem Rush

mad.gif
mad.gif
As a wolves fan (especially that year I started watching the NBA seriously) I have one thing to say about that series......

*#$% Kareem Rush

OKC defense has really regressed, went from being a top 10 defense to being terrible. On synergy Durant's not getting through screens at all getting killed the most, his defense has regressed. He was a terrible player for a while, until he improved dramatically last year. He needs to get back on his grind. 

OKC defense has really regressed, went from being a top 10 defense to being terrible. On synergy Durant's not getting through screens at all getting killed the most, his defense has regressed. He was a terrible player for a while, until he improved dramatically last year. He needs to get back on his grind. 

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Point #1: Cassell > Hudson.

Point #2: Cassell > Hudson > Hoiberg. Two of those three were out against the Lakers. I think that made a difference.

Point #3: If you are going to talk about how the loss of Malone's paltry numbers affected the Lakers' championship potential, the same argument can be made for Cassell.

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Point #1: Cassell > Hudson.

Point #2: Cassell > Hudson > Hoiberg. Two of those three were out against the Lakers. I think that made a difference.

Point #3: If you are going to talk about how the loss of Malone's paltry numbers affected the Lakers' championship potential, the same argument can be made for Cassell.

Back
Top Bottom