OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Proshares

Bass fits so much better with D12 at the 4.

It's apples and oranges to me but I'd lean towards a lineup of Nelson, JJ/Pietrus, Anthony, Bass, Dwight with Lewis coming off the bench than Lewis being in the lineup and the team still being dependent (although less so with a CP3 addition).

The Bulls need a 2 guard before they go anywhere significant IMO. Korver is a good shooter but do you take the trade off with him being awful on the defensive side. It all depends on how Boozer looks and meshes with them when they come back but I think that's a top 4 possibly top 3 team that could contend this year. Even w/o a proven 2, Boozer gives them good flexibility in the lineup.
Agreed with everything in this post.
No need for Orlando to go after Blatche.
Yeah, I really like Bass and what he can do. Whoever they go with at the four, they can't really do too much wrong.

Chicago is a whole hell of a lot closer to being relevant than Oklahoma City is, I'll tell you that right now.

Chicago has made progress in the Playoffs.

All OKC has under their belt is a first round exit.

Booz+Rose+Taj+Noah+their supporting cast > Westbrook+Green+Durant+their supporting cast.

Maybe that's just me though.

A lot will be revealed once Booz is back and healthy.

^
laugh.gif
What were you defending then?

It's time to move Jeff Green...He's a guy who people always defend on this board but that team isn't going to move forward until they get rid of him, he just doesn't fit imo. They have 3 great starting pieces for a contender in Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka. I think they could package Harden and Green for an real big man, that can rebound and score. I'm very high on Ibaka, not many athletic bigs in the league that can change the game defensively like he can. But that 4 spot continues to be a glaring weakness. Harden or Green both have good trade value and you can get a nice return. Green for Blatche?

It's time to move Jeff Green...He's a guy who people always defend on this board but that team isn't going to move forward until they get rid of him, he just doesn't fit imo. They have 3 great starting pieces for a contender in Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka. I think they could package Harden and Green for an real big man, that can rebound and score. I'm very high on Ibaka, not many athletic bigs in the league that can change the game defensively like he can. But that 4 spot continues to be a glaring weakness. Harden or Green both have good trade value and you can get a nice return. Green for Blatche?

I don't even disagree with you at this point, but Andray Blatche
laugh.gif

that dude is a complete loser that will never in his life be part of a winning team.

laugh.gif

that dude is a complete loser that will never in his life be part of a winning team.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It's apples and oranges to me but I'd lean towards a lineup of Nelson, JJ/Pietrus, Anthony, Bass, Dwight with Lewis coming off the bench than Lewis being in the lineup and the team still being dependent (although less so with a CP3 addition).

The Bulls need a 2 guard before they go anywhere significant IMO. Korver is a good shooter but do you take the trade off with him being awful on the defensive side. It all depends on how Boozer looks and meshes with them when they come back but I think that's a top 4 possibly top 3 team that could contend this year. Even w/o a proven 2, Boozer gives them good flexibility in the lineup.

what? 

what? 

Yeah, I really like Bass and what he can do. Whoever they go with at the four, they can't really do too much wrong.

Chicago is a whole hell of a lot closer to being relevant than Oklahoma City is, I'll tell you that right now.

Booz+Rose+Taj+Noah+their supporting cast > Westbrook+Green+Durant+their supporting cast.

1. I agree, Chicago is closer than OKC because of their defense and the fact that Boozer is a reliable source of scoring from a big man.. OKC doesn't have that
laugh.gif
Bulls have gotten just as far as OKC has in the past 2 years, what are you talking about

1. I agree, Chicago is closer than OKC because of their defense and the fact that Boozer is a reliable source of scoring from a big man.. OKC doesn't have that
laugh.gif
Bulls have gotten just as far as OKC has in the past 2 years, what are you talking about

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif

He's talented you can't deny that.  6'10 guys who can rebound, and have a wide offensive skill-set don't grow on trees.  And that team is full of high character guys in the middle of nowhere, limits the options for trouble he can get into.  You can always have one headcase on a team and be fine.  I think Blatche would fall under the influence of KD and Russ, see how hard they bust their +%% and start doing the same.  If Lamar Odom can become a leader of a USA team, Andray Blatche can be a key part of a winning team.

laugh.gif

He's talented you can't deny that.  6'10 guys who can rebound, and have a wide offensive skill-set don't grow on trees.  And that team is full of high character guys in the middle of nowhere, limits the options for trouble he can get into.  You can always have one headcase on a team and be fine.  I think Blatche would fall under the influence of KD and Russ, see how hard they bust their +%% and start doing the same.  If Lamar Odom can become a leader of a USA team, Andray Blatche can be a key part of a winning team.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif
Well damn!!

I thought Chicago beat someone when they had that great battle with the C's in the 08-09 Playoffs, I'm wrong, my bad.
laugh.gif

I still hold my stance that Chicago is closer to being relevant than OKC though.

And I think I agree, I don't see OKC making noise unless they move one of the big three.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif
Well damn!!

I thought Chicago beat someone when they had that great battle with the C's in the 08-09 Playoffs, I'm wrong, my bad.
laugh.gif

I still hold my stance that Chicago is closer to being relevant than OKC though.

And I think I agree, I don't see OKC making noise unless they move one of the big three.

They did have an incredible series with Boston even though Boston was missing KG

Anyway I can't wait for Boozer's return tonight and how he changes that team. I guess there was no questions asked about how he got hurt in the first place? LOL oh well who cares

They did have an incredible series with Boston even though Boston was missing KG

Anyway I can't wait for Boozer's return tonight and how he changes that team. I guess there was no questions asked about how he got hurt in the first place? LOL oh well who cares

^
Problem is JA, you may be wrong anyways.  Chi may have a nicer 1-12 or however you wanna split it, but Durant and his ceiling is FAR higher then anyone on the Bulls.  And since we can't tell Westbrook apart from Rose these days, that just doubles up the pieces OKC has to win something, over what Chi employs. 

I like Booz, he's a solid player, but he can be EASILY neutralized in the playoffs by length.  You put a 7 footer on him, and he's now rendered ineffective. That's a problem they will face. 

So while the role guys of the Bulls may be better then OKC, OKC has the higher ceiling due to KD. 

We all know, your team goes as far as your star takes you.  Give the Bulls Melo and Rose, now we talkin. 

^
Problem is JA, you may be wrong anyways.  Chi may have a nicer 1-12 or however you wanna split it, but Durant and his ceiling is FAR higher then anyone on the Bulls.  And since we can't tell Westbrook apart from Rose these days, that just doubles up the pieces OKC has to win something, over what Chi employs. 

I like Booz, he's a solid player, but he can be EASILY neutralized in the playoffs by length.  You put a 7 footer on him, and he's now rendered ineffective. That's a problem they will face. 

So while the role guys of the Bulls may be better then OKC, OKC has the higher ceiling due to KD. 

We all know, your team goes as far as your star takes you.  Give the Bulls Melo and Rose, now we talkin. 

You put a 7-footer on him, who covers Noah? You going to have two 7 footers out there?

Who was the star on these Boston teams? Paul Pierce? How high was his ceiling? Sure you got KG/PP/Rondo too, but that's a team.

In the league now, you go as far as your DEFENSE takes you. And apart of that, as far as your ability to rebound the ball takes you.

Carmelo has pretty much gotten to where he's going to be in his career. He had a great cast around him. But they never got to the Finals.

I can't remember the last time a player took his team solely by himself to the Finals and won it.

Dirk and Iverson both MADE it to the Finals, but they both lost.

I don't buy the whole "you go as far as your star takes you," mantra.

Do stars get you to the Playoffs? Yeah sure, but teams win playoffs.

Kobe sure as hell didn't win the 2010 Finals. The rest of that team did.

Paul Pierce didn't win the chip in 08. The team did.

Tony Parker didn't win the chip in 07 by himself, the team did.

Wade didn't win the chip in 06 by himself, the refs did.

Back to the Pistons, they won that solely on defense.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif

he's not talented enough to make any difference.

and owed 35 million over the next 5 years (which Washington would probably love to get out of now). And does nothing to help combat the size/length issue they need to overcome since he wastes his 6'10 frame floating on the perimeter.

As much as Jeff did/will get destroyed against LA, Blatche would be right there with him.

Jason Thompson caliber of player does nothing for them, either. Except make them worse.

Back
Top Bottom