OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JD617

A clear instance of not watching games smh
It's amazing that you know which games other people watch...
Funny how the Lakers article was posted right after his post too.

Robbery if the Magic can get Arenas and Blatche for Carter and Lewis. For a small market team, the Magic sure spend a lot of money. Props to their owners.

Robbery if the Magic can get Arenas and Blatche for Carter and Lewis. For a small market team, the Magic sure spend a lot of money. Props to their owners.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Grunfeld wouldn't be that stupid.....there is ZERO chance the Wizards take on Lewis' contract just to deal Arenas.....there will be some desperate teams come the trade deadline who would love to add Arenas to their roster (if he's healthy) because they'll feel as though he'd be an asset heading into the playoffs.  Unless it's Carter for Arenas straight up, Wizards should be patient...there may be a team who makes an offer they can't refuse because of desperation. 

Grunfeld wouldn't be that stupid.....there is ZERO chance the Wizards take on Lewis' contract just to deal Arenas.....there will be some desperate teams come the trade deadline who would love to add Arenas to their roster (if he's healthy) because they'll feel as though he'd be an asset heading into the playoffs.  Unless it's Carter for Arenas straight up, Wizards should be patient...there may be a team who makes an offer they can't refuse because of desperation. 

I actually think the Bulls are alot closer then people give credit for.  They get one solid scorer (Melo) and I think they could do damage. 

As constructed right now, I still think they are a tough out.  Booze, Gibson, and Noah are TOUGH.  Rose gets better everyday, Deng is eh, Korver the shooter, Brewer the defender (sometimes)  Just add one legit scoring threat, I like their team a lil bit. 

Iggy played 42 minutes last night, and took FOUR shots?  Kobe gets four shots after the jump ball. 
laugh.gif
  Iggy out there relaxin or what the hell? 

Blatche fit with D12 tho?  I have always liked the Lewis pairing with Dwight.  It just seems a perfect fit for me.  If they had CP3, and he drives with Dwight and Lewis his options to kick it too, how the hell would you stop that? 
ohwell.gif

I actually think the Bulls are alot closer then people give credit for.  They get one solid scorer (Melo) and I think they could do damage. 

As constructed right now, I still think they are a tough out.  Booze, Gibson, and Noah are TOUGH.  Rose gets better everyday, Deng is eh, Korver the shooter, Brewer the defender (sometimes)  Just add one legit scoring threat, I like their team a lil bit. 

Iggy played 42 minutes last night, and took FOUR shots?  Kobe gets four shots after the jump ball. 
laugh.gif
  Iggy out there relaxin or what the hell? 

Blatche fit with D12 tho?  I have always liked the Lewis pairing with Dwight.  It just seems a perfect fit for me.  If they had CP3, and he drives with Dwight and Lewis his options to kick it too, how the hell would you stop that? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wizards got a good young core of Wall, Blatche, and McGee. I'm guessing you want more than just cap relief and to speed up the rebuilding process?

Wizards got a good young core of Wall, Blatche, and McGee. I'm guessing you want more than just cap relief and to speed up the rebuilding process?

they are already in the rebuilding process....that's why it makes no sense to take on Lewis' contract.  VC on the other hand...he's expiring after the season.  I'm all for keeping draft picks and building w. a young core which we have w. Wall/McGee/Booker/Seraphin....and Blatche (who I hope is traded).  Obviously they need something else...the only way I'd be OK with losing a 1st round pick would be in a deal for Melo. 

I saw a crazy stat that said Arenas/Wall have shared a backcourt for 78 out of a possible 840+ minutes this year
eek.gif
  Granted Wall has missed time, but that's a telling stat. 

they are already in the rebuilding process....that's why it makes no sense to take on Lewis' contract.  VC on the other hand...he's expiring after the season.  I'm all for keeping draft picks and building w. a young core which we have w. Wall/McGee/Booker/Seraphin....and Blatche (who I hope is traded).  Obviously they need something else...the only way I'd be OK with losing a 1st round pick would be in a deal for Melo. 

I saw a crazy stat that said Arenas/Wall have shared a backcourt for 78 out of a possible 840+ minutes this year
eek.gif
  Granted Wall has missed time, but that's a telling stat. 

Bass fits so much better with D12 at the 4.

It's apples and oranges to me but I'd lean towards a lineup of Nelson, JJ/Pietrus, Anthony, Bass, Dwight with Lewis coming off the bench than Lewis being in the lineup and the team still being dependent (although less so with a CP3 addition).

The Bulls need a 2 guard before they go anywhere significant IMO. Korver is a good shooter but do you take the trade off with him being awful on the defensive side. It all depends on how Boozer looks and meshes with them when they come back but I think that's a top 4 possibly top 3 team that could contend this year. Even w/o a proven 2, Boozer gives them good flexibility in the lineup.

It's apples and oranges to me but I'd lean towards a lineup of Nelson, JJ/Pietrus, Anthony, Bass, Dwight with Lewis coming off the bench than Lewis being in the lineup and the team still being dependent (although less so with a CP3 addition).

The Bulls need a 2 guard before they go anywhere significant IMO. Korver is a good shooter but do you take the trade off with him being awful on the defensive side. It all depends on how Boozer looks and meshes with them when they come back but I think that's a top 4 possibly top 3 team that could contend this year. Even w/o a proven 2, Boozer gives them good flexibility in the lineup.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Agreed with everything in this post.
No need for Orlando to go after Blatche.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

roll.gif
at the Laker article being posted right after this

The hell have you been watching exactly anyway?
laugh.gif

Kobe's average attempts for November lately
eek.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JsindaA

roll.gif
at the Laker article being posted right after this

The hell have you been watching exactly anyway?
laugh.gif

Kobe's average attempts for November lately
eek.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif

Hey, I got a question regarding trading for Melo. Why can't Carmelo sign the extension on say the last day he's allowed to and then at the start of the new season (whenever that may be), get traded to the Knicks for a trade exception? I believe either the Jazz or the Raptors (or both?) did that when their FA's left this off-season.

Or is this not allowed to happen for some reason?

Hey, I got a question regarding trading for Melo. Why can't Carmelo sign the extension on say the last day he's allowed to and then at the start of the new season (whenever that may be), get traded to the Knicks for a trade exception? I believe either the Jazz or the Raptors (or both?) did that when their FA's left this off-season.

Or is this not allowed to happen for some reason?

I never said I did...and my post wasn't directed at you in the first place.

EDIT:
And for the record I never defended Kobe taking a bunch of shots...at all. Stop reading into things that aren't there

I never said I did...and my post wasn't directed at you in the first place.

EDIT:
And for the record I never defended Kobe taking a bunch of shots...at all. Stop reading into things that aren't there

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Yeah, I really like Bass and what he can do. Whoever they go with at the four, they can't really do too much wrong.

Chicago is a whole hell of a lot closer to being relevant than Oklahoma City is, I'll tell you that right now.

Chicago has made progress in the Playoffs.

All OKC has under their belt is a first round exit.

Booz+Rose+Taj+Noah+their supporting cast > Westbrook+Green+Durant+their supporting cast.

Maybe that's just me though.

A lot will be revealed once Booz is back and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom