OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I cannot see LeBron ever winning a championship in this league. A team needs to be coached, especially when it comes to the playoffs, and he doesn't allow for that.

Regardless of how much talent this Heat team has, they don't have the basketball IQ to disregard their coach and compete with teams equally/more talented that allow themselves to be coached.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I cannot see LeBron ever winning a championship in this league. A team needs to be coached, especially when it comes to the playoffs, and he doesn't allow for that.

Regardless of how much talent this Heat team has, they don't have the basketball IQ to disregard their coach and compete with teams equally/more talented that allow themselves to be coached.
I don't know if I would go that far, I think eventually the Heat talent will take over in subsequent years, with their biggest challengers, LA & Boston getting older but I see where you're coming from. I've never seen a superstar that has been coddled and just have blatant disrespect for a game that he's so superiorly talented at. LBJ can do whatever the hell he wants on and off the court, which to me is one of his biggest detriments.

I don't know if I would go that far, I think eventually the Heat talent will take over in subsequent years, with their biggest challengers, LA & Boston getting older but I see where you're coming from. I've never seen a superstar that has been coddled and just have blatant disrespect for a game that he's so superiorly talented at. LBJ can do whatever the hell he wants on and off the court, which to me is one of his biggest detriments.

It warms my heart to see people starting to come around.......

The fallout is going to be EPIC in a few years if his clock is still ticking.  God, I can't wait.

It warms my heart to see people starting to come around.......

The fallout is going to be EPIC in a few years if his clock is still ticking.  God, I can't wait.

the heat can win a championship in a couple of years when the celtics and lakers get old. The thing is, i don't even know what old is in the NBA anymore. whether it's due to conditioning and science or just resting players in the regular season, i can see those teams competing for a while.

if kobe allows pau to be the "number 1" in 2 or 3 years i think it would make them even more dangerous. plus it just takes one move to alter everything. what if the lakers end up with deron williams or something? what if melo ends up teaming with dwight? or even crazier CP with dwight. or melo goes to the knicks while we keep all our players? the new CBA will help determine what the heat can do in the future.

the heat can win a championship in a couple of years when the celtics and lakers get old. The thing is, i don't even know what old is in the NBA anymore. whether it's due to conditioning and science or just resting players in the regular season, i can see those teams competing for a while.

if kobe allows pau to be the "number 1" in 2 or 3 years i think it would make them even more dangerous. plus it just takes one move to alter everything. what if the lakers end up with deron williams or something? what if melo ends up teaming with dwight? or even crazier CP with dwight. or melo goes to the knicks while we keep all our players? the new CBA will help determine what the heat can do in the future.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I don't know if I would go that far, I think eventually the Heat talent will take over in subsequent years, with their biggest challengers, LA & Boston getting older but I see where you're coming from.
Wade is already 28 years old, and going to be 29 years old this upcoming January. He's not exactly versatile enough to thrive when his legs go out, and doesn't have the greatest health history, either. (He missed 103 games in his first 7 seasons) 

Yes, the other teams are getting older, but so are the Heat.

Bosh can be 20 & 10, and I'm sure he'll be around those numbers for the coming years, but regardless of that, he won't have a huge impact on the outcome of games.

Then who else is there? Haslem? Miller? Ilgauskas? Chalmers? Arroyo? House? Howard?  Will these role player names change in the future? Yes. Will the quality of players improve? No... especially if there's some drastic changes coming in the new CBA.

In the 2013-2014 season, the Heat already have $71 million on the books with James, Wade, Bosh, Miller, Haslem & Anthony.

I think people are giving this Heat squad too large of a window to do something. (And yes, I am writing them off quick)

I don't know if I would go that far, I think eventually the Heat talent will take over in subsequent years, with their biggest challengers, LA & Boston getting older but I see where you're coming from.
Wade is already 28 years old, and going to be 29 years old this upcoming January. He's not exactly versatile enough to thrive when his legs go out, and doesn't have the greatest health history, either. (He missed 103 games in his first 7 seasons) 

Bosh can be 20 & 10, and I'm sure he'll be around those numbers for the coming years, but regardless of that, he won't have a huge impact on the outcome of games.

Then who else is there? Haslem? Miller? Ilgauskas? Chalmers? Arroyo? House? Howard?  Will these role player names change in the future? Yes. Will the quality of players improve? No... especially if there's some drastic changes coming in the new CBA.

In the 2013-2014 season, the Heat already have $71 million on the books with James, Wade, Bosh, Miller, Haslem & Anthony.

I think people are giving this Heat squad too large of a window to do something. (And yes, I am writing them off quick)

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

You're name sucks, but you're becoming my new fav mod. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

You're name sucks, but you're becoming my new fav mod. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

QFT

QFT

Guess you are right, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I really would like to see this happen
pimp.gif
I'd be a failure of MAMMOTH proportions.

Totally forgot that CHI, OKC, etc. should be steadily improving as well. They probably need to try and get a title within the 1st 3 years cause it's probably going to be curtains after that.

Guess you are right, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I really would like to see this happen
pimp.gif
I'd be a failure of MAMMOTH proportions.

Totally forgot that CHI, OKC, etc. should be steadily improving as well. They probably need to try and get a title within the 1st 3 years cause it's probably going to be curtains after that.

LeBron will win a chip, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't as #1 option. I have a feeling his career will look more like Oscar Robertson than anyone else in a sense, some of the greatest numbers ever, a top 10 all-time NBA talent but someone who was abrasive and never understood the complexities of a team.

LeBron will win a chip, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't as #1 option. I have a feeling his career will look more like Oscar Robertson than anyone else in a sense, some of the greatest numbers ever, a top 10 all-time NBA talent but someone who was abrasive and never understood the complexities of a team.

Why do people keep saying when BOS and LA get old?

Then you have the next generation. OKC and CHI.

By then, boyyyyyy.
eek.gif

Why do people keep saying when BOS and LA get old?

Then you have the next generation. OKC and CHI.

By then, boyyyyyy.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Oscar understood the complexities of a team. It sounds like you're describing Wilt not Oscar. I also feel Lebron will never win a chip unless it's when he is older and a sidekick/role player.

Oscar understood the complexities of a team. It sounds like you're describing Wilt not Oscar. I also feel Lebron will never win a chip unless it's when he is older and a sidekick/role player.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

*sheds tear* 

Coulda used all this backup the last 3 years. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

*sheds tear* 

Coulda used all this backup the last 3 years. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom