OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by CP1708

No evidence?  No evidence? 
ohwell.gif
  Bron came out the last 3 years and showed you a bunch of new moves? 
Well he did win MVP 2 out of the last 3 years and win 68 games once with a mediocre roster.  And why would he need to develop new moves when no one can simply stop him when he drives straight to the hole? But yea that's that last comment I have on the Heat for a while...The worst part about discussing this team is that they aren't even fun to watch
ohwell.gif

Good point.  It works so well for him in the playoffs.  All those trophies he has proves it.  Who wouldn't want to improve on that? 
ohwell.gif

Kobe has won and still works like a mad man to improve his game.  Bron wins some regular season games and we stop asking him to improve himself?  Great, makes my job easier then. 
30t6p3b.gif

Not to diverge from the Miami discussion but:

[h2]Knicks-Nets ad feud continues[/h2]

By Ian Begley
Special to ESPNNewYork.com
Archive

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Knicks-Nets may not be much of a rivalry onthe basketball court, but it's alive and well in the teams' frontoffices.

The Knicks recently released a radio ad tweaking theNets, stating "Hey Nets. You can walk like us, you can talk like us,but you ain't never gonna be like us."

[h4]Nets blog[/h4]
njn.gif
Looking for more information on the Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

On Tuesday morning, hours before the Netstraveled across the Hudson River to take on the Knicks at the Garden,Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov responded to the radio spot.

"Idon't think we want to be like the Knicks. I think we'd more like toresemble the Lakers," the first-year owner said in a statement releasedby the Nets.

The back-and-forth between marketing departments has been going on since early July.

Onthe eve of the free-agent signing period, the Nets unveiled a 227-footbillboard near Madison Square Garden that featured Prokhorov andpart-owner Jay-Z standing underneath the headline "The Blueprint forGreatness."

A few days before their opener, the Knicks responded with billboards featuring Amare Stoudemire on buildings near the Nets' yet-to-be constructed arena in Brooklyn.

"We ran some ads, they ran some ads, it's just an ad-fest," Nets point guard Devin Harris said Tuesday morning.

Harris later added that he appreciated Prokhorov's response to the Knicks' radio ad.

"Itgives us confidence. [You] know that he's going to back us no matterwhat," he said. "He's proud of his product and we want to give himsomething to be proud of."

The battle between the teams' marketing departments masks the fact that there isn't much of an on-court rivalry between the two.

Mostplayers are new to their respective rosters this season; the Netsbrought back just four players from last year's roster and the Knickshave just five back from last year.

Nets coach Avery Johnson downplayed any notion that the Nets look at the Knicks as rivals.

"Eventhough people say it's a rivalry, right now the focus for our team isone day being a world champion," the first-year coach said. "It's not aregional focus for us. It may be for other people. But for us, it's howwe get better so that one day we can be one of the better teams in theNBA."

"Whatever happens tonight, it's not going to destroy ourprogram," he added. "We win the game, it's not an NBA Championshiptonight."

When asked about Prokhorov's comments, Johnson pointedout that he'd worked for a brash owner in the past in Mavs owner MarkCuban.

"I've seen it before," he joked, before adding that he appreciated Prokhorov's public defense of the Nets.

"Mikhail has a lot of confidence in what we're doing," he said.
http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=5866744

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ this feud

Now back to the heat talk:

@ABJCavsInsider: Shaq on LBJ's CLE return: "I’m anxious to see him do the powder s---. We have bets he won’t do it."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not to diverge from the Miami discussion but:

[h2]Knicks-Nets ad feud continues[/h2]

By Ian Begley
Special to ESPNNewYork.com
Archive

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Knicks-Nets may not be much of a rivalry onthe basketball court, but it's alive and well in the teams' frontoffices.

The Knicks recently released a radio ad tweaking theNets, stating "Hey Nets. You can walk like us, you can talk like us,but you ain't never gonna be like us."

[h4]Nets blog[/h4]
njn.gif
Looking for more information on the Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

On Tuesday morning, hours before the Netstraveled across the Hudson River to take on the Knicks at the Garden,Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov responded to the radio spot.

"Idon't think we want to be like the Knicks. I think we'd more like toresemble the Lakers," the first-year owner said in a statement releasedby the Nets.

The back-and-forth between marketing departments has been going on since early July.

Onthe eve of the free-agent signing period, the Nets unveiled a 227-footbillboard near Madison Square Garden that featured Prokhorov andpart-owner Jay-Z standing underneath the headline "The Blueprint forGreatness."

A few days before their opener, the Knicks responded with billboards featuring Amare Stoudemire on buildings near the Nets' yet-to-be constructed arena in Brooklyn.

"We ran some ads, they ran some ads, it's just an ad-fest," Nets point guard Devin Harris said Tuesday morning.

Harris later added that he appreciated Prokhorov's response to the Knicks' radio ad.

"Itgives us confidence. [You] know that he's going to back us no matterwhat," he said. "He's proud of his product and we want to give himsomething to be proud of."

The battle between the teams' marketing departments masks the fact that there isn't much of an on-court rivalry between the two.

Mostplayers are new to their respective rosters this season; the Netsbrought back just four players from last year's roster and the Knickshave just five back from last year.

Nets coach Avery Johnson downplayed any notion that the Nets look at the Knicks as rivals.

"Eventhough people say it's a rivalry, right now the focus for our team isone day being a world champion," the first-year coach said. "It's not aregional focus for us. It may be for other people. But for us, it's howwe get better so that one day we can be one of the better teams in theNBA."

"Whatever happens tonight, it's not going to destroy ourprogram," he added. "We win the game, it's not an NBA Championshiptonight."

When asked about Prokhorov's comments, Johnson pointedout that he'd worked for a brash owner in the past in Mavs owner MarkCuban.

"I've seen it before," he joked, before adding that he appreciated Prokhorov's public defense of the Nets.

"Mikhail has a lot of confidence in what we're doing," he said.
http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=5866744

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ this feud

@ABJCavsInsider: Shaq on LBJ's CLE return: "I’m anxious to see him do the powder s---. We have bets he won’t do it."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

abovelegit1 wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i think he should and he better

abovelegit1 wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i think he should and he better

Got a million dollars LeBron don't win a ring (word?)
I know Kobe, I be on the floor, "Kobe!"
You know a %!$$@ that can score 81? Show me

Game
pimp.gif

Got a million dollars LeBron don't win a ring (word?)
I know Kobe, I be on the floor, "Kobe!"
You know a %!$$@ that can score 81? Show me

Game
pimp.gif

if he does the powder stuff he is getting i assume he's getting a cup of beer to the face. then again if you can sit in seats that close you are probably wealthy.

i really don't know what to expect. part of me thinks it's all overblown and nothing will happen but then i remember that it's Cleveland. i would never get arrested over sports, but i'm sure there are a good amount of people there who don't care. i'm pissed i won't be home until an hour after it starts. DVR FTW

if he does the powder stuff he is getting i assume he's getting a cup of beer to the face. then again if you can sit in seats that close you are probably wealthy.

i really don't know what to expect. part of me thinks it's all overblown and nothing will happen but then i remember that it's Cleveland. i would never get arrested over sports, but i'm sure there are a good amount of people there who don't care. i'm pissed i won't be home until an hour after it starts. DVR FTW

I also doubt anything will really happen other than loud boos every time he touches the ball, but if it's a real close game things could get interesting imo

I also doubt anything will really happen other than loud boos every time he touches the ball, but if it's a real close game things could get interesting imo

.If this dude LeBron has any heart or balls in him, I mean any at all he should be dropping 40 or going for a Triple-Double.  These guys need to get over themselves and embrace the fact that they are hated.  Miami sports fans are too pathetic to ever make that arena a real homecourt advantage so they're going to have to learn how to be a team that salivates going into other arena's and ripping their fans hearts out.  The reason this start doesn't scare me for this team I thinks it still a mental thing with this team right now.  They just seem so shell-shocked and consufed.  I don't think they can win it all this year just cause of their lack of depth and the black hole at center but too write them off forever would be ******ed.  I think this year being a flameout will be the best thing possible for Bron.  Cause the one thing CP is right about is Bron has never had to look himself in the mirror and point to his own misgivings.  He can only blame it on the coach for another couple months, eventually hell be forced to have to look at himself and make a change, sort of in the same way we see with Mick Vick now.  He needs to feel vengeful but I just don't know if has that in him.

Unfortunately, these dudes seem to cotton soft to be able to do that. These dudes are so sheltered by their own entourages, especially Bron, that they have no sense of reality.  Hopefullly this year is a changing point. 

And CP for all your riding of Bron, you fail to realize that Kobe and Bron's situation while different is also quite similar.  You don't think a young Kobe was a coach killer? He made the greatest coach of all-time retire and say that he was uncoachable.  He thought he could do it all himself, that he had to be the man at all-times.  And when he couldn't do that in LA, he was demanding a trade to Chicago.  It took Kobe until he was basically 29 to learn how to tone his %+!% down, not shoot nasty looks at his teammates whenever they !#$##% up.  I got caught up in the hype but to write Bron off now would be just ******ed when he is coming off two MVP's and one of the greatest first seven years we have seen from anybody ever.  He needs to change, that is clear and right now I still think he is too shell-shocked to understand that, but time as a way of teaching people things just like it did Kobe.

.If this dude LeBron has any heart or balls in him, I mean any at all he should be dropping 40 or going for a Triple-Double.  These guys need to get over themselves and embrace the fact that they are hated.  Miami sports fans are too pathetic to ever make that arena a real homecourt advantage so they're going to have to learn how to be a team that salivates going into other arena's and ripping their fans hearts out.  The reason this start doesn't scare me for this team I thinks it still a mental thing with this team right now.  They just seem so shell-shocked and consufed.  I don't think they can win it all this year just cause of their lack of depth and the black hole at center but too write them off forever would be ******ed.  I think this year being a flameout will be the best thing possible for Bron.  Cause the one thing CP is right about is Bron has never had to look himself in the mirror and point to his own misgivings.  He can only blame it on the coach for another couple months, eventually hell be forced to have to look at himself and make a change, sort of in the same way we see with Mick Vick now.  He needs to feel vengeful but I just don't know if has that in him.

Unfortunately, these dudes seem to cotton soft to be able to do that. These dudes are so sheltered by their own entourages, especially Bron, that they have no sense of reality.  Hopefullly this year is a changing point. 

And CP for all your riding of Bron, you fail to realize that Kobe and Bron's situation while different is also quite similar.  You don't think a young Kobe was a coach killer? He made the greatest coach of all-time retire and say that he was uncoachable.  He thought he could do it all himself, that he had to be the man at all-times.  And when he couldn't do that in LA, he was demanding a trade to Chicago.  It took Kobe until he was basically 29 to learn how to tone his %+!% down, not shoot nasty looks at his teammates whenever they !#$##% up.  I got caught up in the hype but to write Bron off now would be just ******ed when he is coming off two MVP's and one of the greatest first seven years we have seen from anybody ever.  He needs to change, that is clear and right now I still think he is too shell-shocked to understand that, but time as a way of teaching people things just like it did Kobe.

Originally Posted by acidicality

You must not know Cleveland...

Originally Posted by acidicality

You must not know Cleveland...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

It's confirmed, - he said he will be doing the powder toss..
roll.gif

i honestly hope someone has the balls and throws a beer at him

i would shake that mans hand.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Bron needs to come out and hit 'em with the Triple H intro - spit water all over the front few rows.
laugh.gif

ap9qp0.jpg

laugh.gif

It'd be tight if Delonte West or anybody else shows up courtside and interferes in the match game.

Back
Top Bottom