OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Bron needs to come out and hit 'em with the Triple H intro - spit water all over the front few rows.
laugh.gif

ap9qp0.jpg

laugh.gif

It'd be tight if Delonte West or anybody else shows up courtside and interferes in the match game.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

It's confirmed, - he said he will be doing the powder toss..
roll.gif

i honestly hope someone has the balls and throws a beer at him

i would shake that mans hand.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

.If this dude LeBron has any heart or balls in him, I mean any at all he should be dropping 40 or going for a Triple-Double.  These guys need to get over themselves and embrace the fact that they are hated.  Miami sports fans are too pathetic to ever make that arena a real homecourt advantage so they're going to have to learn how to be a team that salivates going into other arena's and ripping their fans hearts out.  The reason this start doesn't scare me for this team I thinks it still a mental thing with this team right now.  They just seem so shell-shocked and consufed.  I don't think they can win it all this year just cause of their lack of depth and the black hole at center but too write them off forever would be ******ed.  I think this year being a flameout will be the best thing possible for Bron.  Cause the one thing CP is right about is Bron has never had to look himself in the mirror and point to his own misgivings.  He can only blame it on the coach for another couple months, eventually hell be forced to have to look at himself and make a change, sort of in the same way we see with Mick Vick now.  He needs to feel vengeful but I just don't know if has that in him.

Unfortunately, these dudes seem to cotton soft to be able to do that. These dudes are so sheltered by their own entourages, especially Bron, that they have no sense of reality.  Hopefullly this year is a changing point. 

And CP for all your riding of Bron, you fail to realize that Kobe and Bron's situation while different is also quite similar.  You don't think a young Kobe was a coach killer? He made the greatest coach of all-time retire and say that he was uncoachable.  He thought he could do it all himself, that he had to be the man at all-times.  And when he couldn't do that in LA, he was demanding a trade to Chicago.  It took Kobe until he was basically 29 to learn how to tone his %+!% down, not shoot nasty looks at his teammates whenever they !#$##% up.  I got caught up in the hype but to write Bron off now would be just ******ed when he is coming off two MVP's and one of the greatest first seven years we have seen from anybody ever.  He needs to change, that is clear and right now I still think he is too shell-shocked to understand that, but time as a way of teaching people things just like it did Kobe.

Interesting the Vick comparison.  I never thought Vick would matter other then as a freak athlete because he never opened a playbook, he was just mesmerizing as a runner, but now watching him is a joy to watch, and I actually find myself rooting for him a lil bit.  It's worth checkin into in a few months. 

What I don't get is, Wade from jump said they would be hated, and they would welcome it.  Apparently not.  They seem shell shocked by the hate.  I don't get that. 

I dunno about all that.  Close maybe, sure, but Phil left for ONE year.  ONE.  And he left because that WHOLE team was done.  Remember, Shaq gone, Malone retire, Kobe free agent, Fish free agent, Fox and Payton traded for Mihm and other bums, so Fox retired.  I mean, it was all over. 
Kobe was 25 at the time, on the hook for rape, nobody knew what was coming next, Phil went ahead and bailed.  And while Phil butted heads with him, the one thing Phil ALWAYS backed him on was Kobe worked more then anybody else.  Period.  There was no way Phil was gonna dislike that.  After the one year, Kobe reached out to Phil, and asked him to come back, you don't think Phil saw that Kobe was better now because Shaq wasn't there takin days off all the time? 
And Kobe forced their hands.  They weren't getting better, they were passing up deals, so he said, get better, or move me.  So they got him help.  But remember the day Kobe went off, Phil called him and said "be patient, we're working on it", and later that day, Kobe changed his mind on the Dan Patrick show.  He said he wanted to be a Laker for life. 

Kobe is an A-hole, there is no doubt.  But he is an a-hole that works harder then anyone else.  That's what leaders do.  I'm not sayin that makes him better, worse, or anything else.  I'm just sayin that he works more then anyone that tries to call him out on his team.  Phil can get behind that.  And he been workin like that since he was 18 missin airballs. 

Bron is 25, about to be 26.  He's shot those airballs for 7 years now.  When the work gon come?  If he ever starts working like a maniac, it's over.  I'm sayin it right now, if he ever does put work on top of his ridiculous God given ability, Oh my God. 
sick.gif
  And yet, he won't work.  At least not yet.  And for that I am thankful.  I love being able to call him out for it.  I DEMAND excellence from those that proclaim themselves to be Excellent.  Call me crazy. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

.If this dude LeBron has any heart or balls in him, I mean any at all he should be dropping 40 or going for a Triple-Double.  These guys need to get over themselves and embrace the fact that they are hated.  Miami sports fans are too pathetic to ever make that arena a real homecourt advantage so they're going to have to learn how to be a team that salivates going into other arena's and ripping their fans hearts out.  The reason this start doesn't scare me for this team I thinks it still a mental thing with this team right now.  They just seem so shell-shocked and consufed.  I don't think they can win it all this year just cause of their lack of depth and the black hole at center but too write them off forever would be ******ed.  I think this year being a flameout will be the best thing possible for Bron.  Cause the one thing CP is right about is Bron has never had to look himself in the mirror and point to his own misgivings.  He can only blame it on the coach for another couple months, eventually hell be forced to have to look at himself and make a change, sort of in the same way we see with Mick Vick now.  He needs to feel vengeful but I just don't know if has that in him.

Unfortunately, these dudes seem to cotton soft to be able to do that. These dudes are so sheltered by their own entourages, especially Bron, that they have no sense of reality.  Hopefullly this year is a changing point. 

And CP for all your riding of Bron, you fail to realize that Kobe and Bron's situation while different is also quite similar.  You don't think a young Kobe was a coach killer? He made the greatest coach of all-time retire and say that he was uncoachable.  He thought he could do it all himself, that he had to be the man at all-times.  And when he couldn't do that in LA, he was demanding a trade to Chicago.  It took Kobe until he was basically 29 to learn how to tone his %+!% down, not shoot nasty looks at his teammates whenever they !#$##% up.  I got caught up in the hype but to write Bron off now would be just ******ed when he is coming off two MVP's and one of the greatest first seven years we have seen from anybody ever.  He needs to change, that is clear and right now I still think he is too shell-shocked to understand that, but time as a way of teaching people things just like it did Kobe.

Interesting the Vick comparison.  I never thought Vick would matter other then as a freak athlete because he never opened a playbook, he was just mesmerizing as a runner, but now watching him is a joy to watch, and I actually find myself rooting for him a lil bit.  It's worth checkin into in a few months. 

What I don't get is, Wade from jump said they would be hated, and they would welcome it.  Apparently not.  They seem shell shocked by the hate.  I don't get that. 

I dunno about all that.  Close maybe, sure, but Phil left for ONE year.  ONE.  And he left because that WHOLE team was done.  Remember, Shaq gone, Malone retire, Kobe free agent, Fish free agent, Fox and Payton traded for Mihm and other bums, so Fox retired.  I mean, it was all over. 
Kobe was 25 at the time, on the hook for rape, nobody knew what was coming next, Phil went ahead and bailed.  And while Phil butted heads with him, the one thing Phil ALWAYS backed him on was Kobe worked more then anybody else.  Period.  There was no way Phil was gonna dislike that.  After the one year, Kobe reached out to Phil, and asked him to come back, you don't think Phil saw that Kobe was better now because Shaq wasn't there takin days off all the time? 
And Kobe forced their hands.  They weren't getting better, they were passing up deals, so he said, get better, or move me.  So they got him help.  But remember the day Kobe went off, Phil called him and said "be patient, we're working on it", and later that day, Kobe changed his mind on the Dan Patrick show.  He said he wanted to be a Laker for life. 

Kobe is an A-hole, there is no doubt.  But he is an a-hole that works harder then anyone else.  That's what leaders do.  I'm not sayin that makes him better, worse, or anything else.  I'm just sayin that he works more then anyone that tries to call him out on his team.  Phil can get behind that.  And he been workin like that since he was 18 missin airballs. 

Bron is 25, about to be 26.  He's shot those airballs for 7 years now.  When the work gon come?  If he ever starts working like a maniac, it's over.  I'm sayin it right now, if he ever does put work on top of his ridiculous God given ability, Oh my God. 
sick.gif
  And yet, he won't work.  At least not yet.  And for that I am thankful.  I love being able to call him out for it.  I DEMAND excellence from those that proclaim themselves to be Excellent.  Call me crazy. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Now back to the heat talk:

@ABJCavsInsider: Shaq on LBJ's CLE return: "I’m anxious to see him do the powder s---. We have bets he won’t do it."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Bron needs to come out and hit 'em with the Triple H intro - spit water all over the front few rows.
laugh.gif

ap9qp0.jpg

laugh.gif

It'd be tight if Delonte West or anybody else shows up courtside and interferes in the match game.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If somehow bron and only bron can come out the tunnel gets on the scores table telling them the Cleveland fans to bow down to him I will lose it.

That would be funny if a group of celebrities and other nba players show up to this game.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Now back to the heat talk:

@ABJCavsInsider: Shaq on LBJ's CLE return: "I’m anxious to see him do the powder s---. We have bets he won’t do it."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

laugh.gif

ap9qp0.jpg

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If somehow bron and only bron can come out the tunnel gets on the scores table telling them the Cleveland fans to bow down to him I will lose it.

That would be funny if a group of celebrities and other nba players show up to this game.

i wouldnt use too much of that chalk if i were him..... he gone need that for his outline when a fan bodies him midway through the 3rd.

i wouldnt use too much of that chalk if i were him..... he gone need that for his outline when a fan bodies him midway through the 3rd.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I also doubt anything will really happen other than loud boos every time he touches the ball, but if it's a real close game things could get interesting imo

You must not know Cleveland...
Nah, I know how big of a +%%$ hole it is.

J/k

Originally Posted by acidicality

I also doubt anything will really happen other than loud boos every time he touches the ball, but if it's a real close game things could get interesting imo

You must not know Cleveland...
Nah, I know how big of a +%%$ hole it is.

J/k

Back
Top Bottom