OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bosh is the only who's figured out how to score efficiently in the new offense, he currently the most efficient isolation scorer in the NBA. Shooting 57% when ISO'd  3rd most efficient Pick and Roll man.
pimp.gif
This stat right here is EXACTLY why stats aren't everything.  I don't give a crap how sexy his stats are, he isn't doing anything that helps his team win games.  I don't know what more you need to see. (you know, given you've seen every game the man has ever played
laugh.gif
)
And Dwayne Wade is? Bosh is doing what he is supposed to which is being a third option. Dwayne on the other hand has been mostly playing terribly, terribly on offense and defense.
It's really all subjective, stats aren't everything that's why on synergy sports I can watch every play and that hasn't really changed my opinion.

If you think I'm wrong maybe you can describe what Chris is doing wrong? Winnings is a function of a team, IMO Chris is the least of there problems.
nerd.gif
Picking up that rebounding rate might help. 100 million dollar post players should be effective rebounders, no?

Bosh is the only who's figured out how to score efficiently in the new offense, he currently the most efficient isolation scorer in the NBA. Shooting 57% when ISO'd  3rd most efficient Pick and Roll man.
pimp.gif
This stat right here is EXACTLY why stats aren't everything.  I don't give a crap how sexy his stats are, he isn't doing anything that helps his team win games.  I don't know what more you need to see. (you know, given you've seen every game the man has ever played
laugh.gif
)
And Dwayne Wade is? Bosh is doing what he is supposed to which is being a third option. Dwayne on the other hand has been mostly playing terribly, terribly on offense and defense.
It's really all subjective, stats aren't everything that's why on synergy sports I can watch every play and that hasn't really changed my opinion.

If you think I'm wrong maybe you can describe what Chris is doing wrong? Winnings is a function of a team, IMO Chris is the least of there problems.
nerd.gif
Picking up that rebounding rate might help. 100 million dollar post players should be effective rebounders, no?

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

nerd.gif

How about getting abused inside.  If he is truly a third option, then he's not really needed on offense right, so he can focus on rebounding EVERYTHING and mixing it up inside on D as well.  Offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, everything. 

I didn't way that Wade was playing well, and frankly, I could care less if he does or doesn't, but if Wade and Bron are going to take care of handle the team type responsibilities, then I want Bosh to become Noah, or K-Love, or even Tyson Chandler. 

You telling me that he does a great job one on one on offense is fantastic for him and his synergy numbers, I'm very happy for him, but is that what they need at this point?  Have they not been CLEARLY getting abusd inside?  They have right?  So then THAT should be his focus, his job to fix.  I don't care if he has to club someone in the paint to show it's not safe down there, he needs to do it.  And he's not.  And that's on him.  And basically, I don't think he has the balls to step and do any of what I just asked for.  I think he'll just sit there and pick and roll and do his one on one work, and be happy and content.  If that's what you root for, congrats.  I'd kill him. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

nerd.gif

How about getting abused inside.  If he is truly a third option, then he's not really needed on offense right, so he can focus on rebounding EVERYTHING and mixing it up inside on D as well.  Offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, everything. 

I didn't way that Wade was playing well, and frankly, I could care less if he does or doesn't, but if Wade and Bron are going to take care of handle the team type responsibilities, then I want Bosh to become Noah, or K-Love, or even Tyson Chandler. 

You telling me that he does a great job one on one on offense is fantastic for him and his synergy numbers, I'm very happy for him, but is that what they need at this point?  Have they not been CLEARLY getting abusd inside?  They have right?  So then THAT should be his focus, his job to fix.  I don't care if he has to club someone in the paint to show it's not safe down there, he needs to do it.  And he's not.  And that's on him.  And basically, I don't think he has the balls to step and do any of what I just asked for.  I think he'll just sit there and pick and roll and do his one on one work, and be happy and content.  If that's what you root for, congrats.  I'd kill him. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

nerd.gif

how many points to you expect wade and lebron to score if you think bosh is not needed on the offense side?...
i guess you havent seen our bench production... if we had a bench who can put up decent #'s, house and jones are in a major slump, haslem injured and so is mike miller...  we need his 20 points 6-8 rebounds...

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

nerd.gif

how many points to you expect wade and lebron to score if you think bosh is not needed on the offense side?...
i guess you havent seen our bench production... if we had a bench who can put up decent #'s, house and jones are in a major slump, haslem injured and so is mike miller...  we need his 20 points 6-8 rebounds...

Great win for the Rockets. Battier played one helluva game on both ends of the floor. His defense was superb against Durant. Jordan Hill played very well off the bench. Gave Houston that extra energy.

Great win for the Rockets. Battier played one helluva game on both ends of the floor. His defense was superb against Durant. Jordan Hill played very well off the bench. Gave Houston that extra energy.

Thing my statement was about the offense, and only the offense, and contrary to what you think, with Lebron James and Dwayne Wade bricking jump shots he is the only one who can score efficiently on this team they NEED him to score. Especially since Carlos Arroyo, Haslem, and Joel Anthony are the next options after that.

The rebounding, that's on him and it has to get better, personally I believe he will go back to being a good rebounder like he has been for the past 7 years so im not as worried about it as you guys seem to be.

Defensively, I have to disagree with Bosh getting abused inside, I've watched all his defensive plays in Synergy and I don't buy it. In 1 on 1 low post opportunities guys are shooting only 36% on him and he's forced a turnover 10% of the time,  on face up isolation plays dudes are only shooting 20% from the field on Bosh. Nobody has abused Bosh consistently on the low blocks, nobody.

You wanna know where Bosh is getting burned the most? spot ups and pick and roll situations and cuts to the basket. When I watch the tape guess what it shows, Carlos Arroyo, or Dwayne wade getting burnt by a point guard Bosh helping and his man scoring.

This idea about Bosh getting beat up in one on one post ups, the tape doesn't show it people look at the box score and saw Paul Millsap 46 points , oooo he must have really killed Chris Bosh Paul Millsapp scored 4 of his 46 in post ups, 0 points isolated with Bosh, he shot 22% in post ups, if you look at the tape, almost all his points came from, D will penetration.

The tape don't lie, the problems with Miami's defense come from the guard penetration they allow more than they do Bosh, I agree with you on the rebounding though Bosh needs to pick that up.

Thing my statement was about the offense, and only the offense, and contrary to what you think, with Lebron James and Dwayne Wade bricking jump shots he is the only one who can score efficiently on this team they NEED him to score. Especially since Carlos Arroyo, Haslem, and Joel Anthony are the next options after that.

The rebounding, that's on him and it has to get better, personally I believe he will go back to being a good rebounder like he has been for the past 7 years so im not as worried about it as you guys seem to be.

Defensively, I have to disagree with Bosh getting abused inside, I've watched all his defensive plays in Synergy and I don't buy it. In 1 on 1 low post opportunities guys are shooting only 36% on him and he's forced a turnover 10% of the time,  on face up isolation plays dudes are only shooting 20% from the field on Bosh. Nobody has abused Bosh consistently on the low blocks, nobody.

You wanna know where Bosh is getting burned the most? spot ups and pick and roll situations and cuts to the basket. When I watch the tape guess what it shows, Carlos Arroyo, or Dwayne wade getting burnt by a point guard Bosh helping and his man scoring.

This idea about Bosh getting beat up in one on one post ups, the tape doesn't show it people look at the box score and saw Paul Millsap 46 points , oooo he must have really killed Chris Bosh Paul Millsapp scored 4 of his 46 in post ups, 0 points isolated with Bosh, he shot 22% in post ups, if you look at the tape, almost all his points came from, D will penetration.

The tape don't lie, the problems with Miami's defense come from the guard penetration they allow more than they do Bosh, I agree with you on the rebounding though Bosh needs to pick that up.

Man, Big Hibb and the Pacers ain't messing around this year. Beat MIA, Kept it close with ORL, OKC, beat Denver by 30..

This team is looking up.

Man, Big Hibb and the Pacers ain't messing around this year. Beat MIA, Kept it close with ORL, OKC, beat Denver by 30..

This team is looking up.

Pacers? WOW

i mean i knew they would be a better team from last season but damn, they look good. real good.

Back
Top Bottom