OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Pacers? WOW

i mean i knew they would be a better team from last season but damn, they look good. real good.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Roy
pimp.gif

he's just going to keep getting better, too.
That's our boy!

I think I'm one of the few people on this board who appreciate a good Center more than any other position on the floor. They can completely anchor the defense and still be a force on offense. Even the best defenders ever that aren't Centers can't completely anchor the defense if they ain't centers.

But Centers? Man, they can completely change the flow of a game.

It's great seeing Roy doing so well.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Roy
pimp.gif

he's just going to keep getting better, too.
That's our boy!

I think I'm one of the few people on this board who appreciate a good Center more than any other position on the floor. They can completely anchor the defense and still be a force on offense. Even the best defenders ever that aren't Centers can't completely anchor the defense if they ain't centers.

But Centers? Man, they can completely change the flow of a game.

It's great seeing Roy doing so well.

I said it a couple days ago, I am taking notice Indy, you guys impress me. 

And Osh, I don't know what to tell you, you can stick by your one on one crap all you want, the point being is players have other responsibilities besides just their own one on one.  Make all the excuses you want, the Heat are getting murked inside, and Bosh is the leader of that down low cast.  He's the one makin 100 mil, not Z, not Juwan, not Joel, nobody else.  Bosh has to be the main guy responsible for runnin the paint.  It's not getting done, I don't care about one on one, or games on Tuesdays from 11 feet with 4 on the shot clock in the third quarter when trailing by a dozen, a quarter of the season in, the Heat are getting plowed inside.  Make up all the reasons you want, Bosh needs to step up.  Him having all those nice stats you speak of won't matter a damn bit when it counts for real. 

And Osh, I don't know what to tell you, you can stick by your one on one crap all you want, the point being is players have other responsibilities besides just their own one on one.  Make all the excuses you want, the Heat are getting murked inside, and Bosh is the leader of that down low cast.  He's the one makin 100 mil, not Z, not Juwan, not Joel, nobody else.  Bosh has to be the main guy responsible for runnin the paint.  It's not getting done, I don't care about one on one, or games on Tuesdays from 11 feet with 4 on the shot clock in the third quarter when trailing by a dozen, a quarter of the season in, the Heat are getting plowed inside.  Make up all the reasons you want, Bosh needs to step up.  Him having all those nice stats you speak of won't matter a damn bit when it counts for real. 

Indiana making me look good since I had them in the playoffs this year. 
laugh.gif

Just got to stay healthy. Had no idea they were up there defensively this year either.

Indiana making me look good since I had them in the playoffs this year. 
laugh.gif

Just got to stay healthy. Had no idea they were up there defensively this year either.

Originally Posted by CP1708

ok agree to disagree.

Like I said, them getting clobbered inside has to do with the permiter guys not being able to check there assignments, specifically point guards. If you mean clobbered on the boards I would agree but actual dude abusing Bosh on the block, hasn't happened.

Ask Dirk what he thought of Bosh's defense, Mavs don't have an athletic penetrating point guard and they run mostly pick and pops with Dirk, results?

22 points on 23 shots, 1 - 5 from 3.

ok agree to disagree.

Like I said, them getting clobbered inside has to do with the permiter guys not being able to check there assignments, specifically point guards. If you mean clobbered on the boards I would agree but actual dude abusing Bosh on the block, hasn't happened.

Ask Dirk what he thought of Bosh's defense, Mavs don't have an athletic penetrating point guard and they run mostly pick and pops with Dirk, results?

indiana is scaring me... that was your Pmatic? I remember one or two people saying they would make the playoffs. i think 7 seed. i'm shocked

indiana is scaring me... that was your Pmatic? I remember one or two people saying they would make the playoffs. i think 7 seed. i'm shocked

Originally Posted by DubA169

I think I had them at #8? The last few years they've been in that 9-10-11 range so I thought they could sneak in this year if healthy.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I think I had them at #8? The last few years they've been in that 9-10-11 range so I thought they could sneak in this year if healthy.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Eh, Bosh's career guarding Dirk ain't that fabulous.

134/268=.500.

An exact 50%.

25.8 PPG
8.3 RPG
3.9 APG
1.6 BPG

That pretty much MIRRORS what Dirk has done over his career. Everything is slightly more against the Raptors, PPG, APG, BPG, FG%, etc.

Dirk definitely doesn't struggle against Bosh, and he didn't last night either. 9/23 isn't GREAT, but hell, I'll take it when considering Mr. James shot 5/19 and Wade didn't turn it on till late.

Bosh better be doing well when the defense is trying to stop Wade/Bron.

Eh, Bosh's career guarding Dirk ain't that fabulous.

134/268=.500.

An exact 50%.

25.8 PPG
8.3 RPG
3.9 APG
1.6 BPG

That pretty much MIRRORS what Dirk has done over his career. Everything is slightly more against the Raptors, PPG, APG, BPG, FG%, etc.

Dirk definitely doesn't struggle against Bosh, and he didn't last night either. 9/23 isn't GREAT, but hell, I'll take it when considering Mr. James shot 5/19 and Wade didn't turn it on till late.

Bosh better be doing well when the defense is trying to stop Wade/Bron.

ok agree to disagree.

I give you that it is a completely valid point the PG's getting beat and penetration and all that, please, look no furter then my own Lakers in that regard the last few seasons.  Speedy PG's been killin us for years now.  But Bynum and Gasol both eventually turn their D up later on in the season and we make adjustments.  Maybe Bosh will find that way himself, we will see. 

Nas, congrats on that Indy pick, lookin solid.......you picked the Blazers second in the West right? 
nerd.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Just bustin your chops man, I had the Rockets in, and I'm drownin on that one. 
embarassed.gif

ok agree to disagree.

I give you that it is a completely valid point the PG's getting beat and penetration and all that, please, look no furter then my own Lakers in that regard the last few seasons.  Speedy PG's been killin us for years now.  But Bynum and Gasol both eventually turn their D up later on in the season and we make adjustments.  Maybe Bosh will find that way himself, we will see. 

Nas, congrats on that Indy pick, lookin solid.......you picked the Blazers second in the West right? 
nerd.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I had the Wizards being in the playoff hunt.
laugh.gif

I'm pretty much wrong on every account except Boston and Chicago.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I STILL don't get how everyone was talking about them all off-season like they weren't going to suck balls.
laugh.gif

I had the Wizards being in the playoff hunt.
laugh.gif

I'm pretty much wrong on every account except Boston and Chicago.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I STILL don't get how everyone was talking about them all off-season like they weren't going to suck balls.
laugh.gif

The Pacers defense was very good tonight. Even though Kobe scored 41 points, Rush & Granger did a great job guarding him. They did a good job of keeping Kobe in front of them. Pacers have really surprised me so far this season. Hibbert has been playing solid basketball. When he stays out of foul trouble, he is a very good center. He did a heck of a job on Gasol. Hopefully they will be able to build off of this win.

The Pacers defense was very good tonight. Even though Kobe scored 41 points, Rush & Granger did a great job guarding him. They did a good job of keeping Kobe in front of them. Pacers have really surprised me so far this season. Hibbert has been playing solid basketball. When he stays out of foul trouble, he is a very good center. He did a heck of a job on Gasol. Hopefully they will be able to build off of this win.

Back
Top Bottom