OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

At 32, without a major injury, I see no reason why he still won't be a top athlete for his position. What he is now? no, but a top tier athlete? probably. You can say he doesn't work on his game, whatever the case may be, but you'd at least have to say he's kept himself in peak physical condition. Maybe it's just genetics, who knows. either way, as far as athletes go, he's the elite of the elite.

but, We'll know in 2015 and 2016....which, is kind of why I think it's pointless to talk about. It's a long way away, and if things were to break right in Miami he could play the way he does and have multiple rings without ever adapting like Kobe/MJ did and it'd just be a moot point.

If it doesn't happen, well..I hope were all still around by that point so we can talk about it.

At 32, without a major injury, I see no reason why he still won't be a top athlete for his position. What he is now? no, but a top tier athlete? probably. You can say he doesn't work on his game, whatever the case may be, but you'd at least have to say he's kept himself in peak physical condition. Maybe it's just genetics, who knows. either way, as far as athletes go, he's the elite of the elite.

but, We'll know in 2015 and 2016....which, is kind of why I think it's pointless to talk about. It's a long way away, and if things were to break right in Miami he could play the way he does and have multiple rings without ever adapting like Kobe/MJ did and it'd just be a moot point.

If it doesn't happen, well..I hope were all still around by that point so we can talk about it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Al3xis

he's superior physically to his peers and has had no injury history, I wouldn't expect the aging to kick in anytime soon.

I'm not sure how in one sentence he's become what he is simply due to his physical ability and then in the next, he's going to age more quickly than those before him.

If he's THAT gifted physically, chances are he'll hold up pretty well.

No, I don't expect him to break down next year, I'm sayin his minutes logged are WAY more then anyone else.  So, at 32, will he still be high level?  And will all the battering ram moves keep him fresh by that time?  And when those skills start to decline, will he adapt?  I know what you're going to say, but are you sure about it? 
laugh.gif

And will he finally have a go-to move or spot on the floor by that time? 
nerd.gif

That's why I'm saying Bron needs to develop some moves, and become a better shooter.

By age 32, 33, Bron is going to need a whole hell of a lot more moves than bullying his way into the lane if he wants to be an elite player.

If he tears his ACL or something, it could change the shape of his career going forward, he may not be able to be explosive, and ram his way in anymore.

He's power, not finesse, and unfortunately, power players usually start to break down after a while.

Originally Posted by CP1708

he's superior physically to his peers and has had no injury history, I wouldn't expect the aging to kick in anytime soon.

I'm not sure how in one sentence he's become what he is simply due to his physical ability and then in the next, he's going to age more quickly than those before him.

If he's THAT gifted physically, chances are he'll hold up pretty well.

No, I don't expect him to break down next year, I'm sayin his minutes logged are WAY more then anyone else.  So, at 32, will he still be high level?  And will all the battering ram moves keep him fresh by that time?  And when those skills start to decline, will he adapt?  I know what you're going to say, but are you sure about it? 
laugh.gif

And will he finally have a go-to move or spot on the floor by that time? 
nerd.gif

That's why I'm saying Bron needs to develop some moves, and become a better shooter.

By age 32, 33, Bron is going to need a whole hell of a lot more moves than bullying his way into the lane if he wants to be an elite player.

If he tears his ACL or something, it could change the shape of his career going forward, he may not be able to be explosive, and ram his way in anymore.

He's power, not finesse, and unfortunately, power players usually start to break down after a while.

The Bulls seem to have that Jazz bug from earlier in the year. 

27-9 4th quarter? 
laugh.gif

Rose.  30, 7, and 7. 

PG's are RIDICULOUS this year.  Rondo, Paul, D-Will, Westbrook, and Rose have all put forth some games that should be clinics for point guards.  All young too.  If Wall joins the group, the next 7-8 years are going to be stupid for that position. 
pimp.gif

The Bulls seem to have that Jazz bug from earlier in the year. 

27-9 4th quarter? 
laugh.gif

Rose.  30, 7, and 7. 

PG's are RIDICULOUS this year.  Rondo, Paul, D-Will, Westbrook, and Rose have all put forth some games that should be clinics for point guards.  All young too.  If Wall joins the group, the next 7-8 years are going to be stupid for that position. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

^ Only reason Kobe has done so well over his career is because he is an amazing shooter.
Dunno about that. There are a bunch of reasons he's been able to maintain his performance throughout the years. He's never really been an amazing shooter, (~46% for his career) but he is great at moving without the ball and commanding the ball in his effective scoring spots. This aspect of his game is rather underrated IMO. Also he creates space incredibly intelligently, with a variety of moves and fakes allowing him to score efficiently and at a high rate. The triangle offense, has also been kind to him. Instead of placing him in the middle of the court,where double-teams can trap him, the triangle isolates him onthe wing. Having an otherworldly work ethic doesn't hurt either...
Well, scratch what I said.

But, what I was saying was, if Wade/LeBron want to have a long career LIKE Kobe's, they're going to have to develop shooting abilities LIKE Kobe's in order to strive as they have thus far.
It's not just shooting that separates him from Kobe.  It's the footwork...it's the post game, it's the mechanics of the game.  It baffles me how people continue to give LeBron a pass for not being a complete player.  His attributes that are truly outstanding are his physical/athletic ability and his passing.  Other than that, he has to have the ball or he stands in one spot like a statue.  He doesn't cut, he doesn't move.  He stands there in one spot and watches the play, because he cannot play off the ball.  For his size, he is one of the worst post up SF in the league.  He can't shoot and has no midrange game.  All of these things could be worked on, but I'm convinced his ego won't allow him to care to become a more complete player.  If you snatch away LeBron's athletic and passing ability...you really just have an average player.  
For the first time in his career, players are actually standing in front of him and taking charges instead of just letting him run to the basket.  In the game tonight, he barreled through the lane again with his shoulder lower like a linebacker (his go to move), and Tyson Chandler decided not to be a chump and to take the charge
laugh.gif
.  Most players just let him down the lane like the %%!*+$% Red Sea.
That's why i respect Chandler. Dude is a beast not soft like the rest of the league. It's actually not hard at all to stop Lebron. Boston did it last year successfully. Limit his drive in lanes and he'll get exposed. No midrange jumper, no post up, can't shoot threes. Lebron is very overrated

^ Only reason Kobe has done so well over his career is because he is an amazing shooter.
Dunno about that. There are a bunch of reasons he's been able to maintain his performance throughout the years. He's never really been an amazing shooter, (~46% for his career) but he is great at moving without the ball and commanding the ball in his effective scoring spots. This aspect of his game is rather underrated IMO. Also he creates space incredibly intelligently, with a variety of moves and fakes allowing him to score efficiently and at a high rate. The triangle offense, has also been kind to him. Instead of placing him in the middle of the court,where double-teams can trap him, the triangle isolates him onthe wing. Having an otherworldly work ethic doesn't hurt either...
Well, scratch what I said.

But, what I was saying was, if Wade/LeBron want to have a long career LIKE Kobe's, they're going to have to develop shooting abilities LIKE Kobe's in order to strive as they have thus far.
It's not just shooting that separates him from Kobe.  It's the footwork...it's the post game, it's the mechanics of the game.  It baffles me how people continue to give LeBron a pass for not being a complete player.  His attributes that are truly outstanding are his physical/athletic ability and his passing.  Other than that, he has to have the ball or he stands in one spot like a statue.  He doesn't cut, he doesn't move.  He stands there in one spot and watches the play, because he cannot play off the ball.  For his size, he is one of the worst post up SF in the league.  He can't shoot and has no midrange game.  All of these things could be worked on, but I'm convinced his ego won't allow him to care to become a more complete player.  If you snatch away LeBron's athletic and passing ability...you really just have an average player.  
For the first time in his career, players are actually standing in front of him and taking charges instead of just letting him run to the basket.  In the game tonight, he barreled through the lane again with his shoulder lower like a linebacker (his go to move), and Tyson Chandler decided not to be a chump and to take the charge
laugh.gif
.  Most players just let him down the lane like the %%!*+$% Red Sea.
That's why i respect Chandler. Dude is a beast not soft like the rest of the league. It's actually not hard at all to stop Lebron. Boston did it last year successfully. Limit his drive in lanes and he'll get exposed. No midrange jumper, no post up, can't shoot threes. Lebron is very overrated

Originally Posted by KenJi714

mccain_eyebrows.gif

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by KenJi714

mccain_eyebrows.gif

Spoiler [+]

Admittedly, I haven't checked into this thread in awhile but...

When yall watch the Heat, do you have ANY idea what they want their identity to be? Like, what the hell is it that they want to do, exactly?

Admittedly, I haven't checked into this thread in awhile but...

When yall watch the Heat, do you have ANY idea what they want their identity to be? Like, what the hell is it that they want to do, exactly?

Props bringing up Tyson Chandler.

The man has been a spark for the Dallas Mavericks this season.

If that man goes down this year, the blow will be as big as if Dirk were hurt.

He's completely anchoring our defense. We sit third at opponents PPG with 93, and we're content with battling out tough games by using DEFENSE instead of out-shooting players.

He gets banged around in the paint, but he just keeps working, and working, and working and it pays off for us. Hustling for loose balls, running the fast-break, taking charges, blocking shots, contesting shots, grabbing boards, putting back misses, grabbing oops, he's done it all for us. I PRAY TO GOD he wants to re-sign with us over the summer. It's really too bad we signed Haywood to an extension instead of locking up someone like Chandler up. But, good news for us is, he seems extremely happy in Dallas. He appreciates all the love not just his teammates (Kidd and Dirk) have for him, but the fans too. Dallas ain't ever seen a big like him playing for the home team. Haywood is nice to have as insurance, but a cheaper option should be looked into, and free up some space to re-sign Tyson. He's an absolute bull (no pun intended).

Last three games being 17/18, 19/8, and 14/17? I think it's safe to say that the Mavericks ain't EVER had a Center have that good of a three-game stretch.

And the best part is, our wild-card Beaubois hasn't even played a minute this year and we're already 12-4.

Glad you brought that up. They look so lost out there. It boggles my mind to see LeBron racing up-court and then taking a wild three, or seeing Wade standing around like he doesn't know what to do if he doesn't have the basketball in his hands. They look completely lost out there as a basketball team. A discombobulated basketball team. It'd be fun as hell to watch them try and fail miserably against a TEAM like Boston.

I can't wait for the Christmas massacre in LA.

It's really sad, but I don't blame fans for not going to Heat games. When I watch the Heat, they are BORING.

He's completely anchoring our defense. We sit third at opponents PPG with 93, and we're content with battling out tough games by using DEFENSE instead of out-shooting players.

He gets banged around in the paint, but he just keeps working, and working, and working and it pays off for us. Hustling for loose balls, running the fast-break, taking charges, blocking shots, contesting shots, grabbing boards, putting back misses, grabbing oops, he's done it all for us. I PRAY TO GOD he wants to re-sign with us over the summer. It's really too bad we signed Haywood to an extension instead of locking up someone like Chandler up. But, good news for us is, he seems extremely happy in Dallas. He appreciates all the love not just his teammates (Kidd and Dirk) have for him, but the fans too. Dallas ain't ever seen a big like him playing for the home team. Haywood is nice to have as insurance, but a cheaper option should be looked into, and free up some space to re-sign Tyson. He's an absolute bull (no pun intended).

Last three games being 17/18, 19/8, and 14/17? I think it's safe to say that the Mavericks ain't EVER had a Center have that good of a three-game stretch.

And the best part is, our wild-card Beaubois hasn't even played a minute this year and we're already 12-4.

Glad you brought that up. They look so lost out there. It boggles my mind to see LeBron racing up-court and then taking a wild three, or seeing Wade standing around like he doesn't know what to do if he doesn't have the basketball in his hands. They look completely lost out there as a basketball team. A discombobulated basketball team. It'd be fun as hell to watch them try and fail miserably against a TEAM like Boston.

It's really sad, but I don't blame fans for not going to Heat games. When I watch the Heat, they are BORING.

^Honestly man, I make fun of the Mavs every year for being choke artists, and I never consider them as legit contenders. But I really like what Tyson brings to the table for yalls team. He is the best center yall have had there. And that significantly upgrades your team.

^Honestly man, I make fun of the Mavs every year for being choke artists, and I never consider them as legit contenders. But I really like what Tyson brings to the table for yalls team. He is the best center yall have had there. And that significantly upgrades your team.

I think this statement is about half right, but you cannot tell me he wont have had ANY knee surgeries by the time hes 32, and the first one is the one that starts the rest of them.
I think with lebron he is gone end up sliming down like Kobe did.
I think he dropped 10 lbs already or is that just cause he wears his jersey tighter?

I think this statement is about half right, but you cannot tell me he wont have had ANY knee surgeries by the time hes 32, and the first one is the one that starts the rest of them.
I think with lebron he is gone end up sliming down like Kobe did.
I think he dropped 10 lbs already or is that just cause he wears his jersey tighter?

knowing the lakers...they will lose the christmas game.. smh 

knowing the lakers...they will lose the christmas game.. smh 

Should the heat vary Lebron looks? Sure maybe, he's posting up less than he did in Miami sure, but still I want him facing the basket where he can see the court or force the defense to rotate with his drives to the bucket.

But the number one thing I've that I've been saying since like the 7th game is the pure and utter stupidity of having them walk the ball up the court and not push the tempo, especially since they have only 3 player on the team who can score efficiently.

After watching the tape on synergy sports Wade and LeBron are the biggest problem on this team, they have to figure out a way to play together and judging from Dwayne Wade's plus minus he needs to change the most.  Right now Wade is having serious trouble running the pick and roll, he turns it over 30% of the time,  double that of Lebron. To me thats the number one shift they need to make, Wade is a good passer but with Lebron on the court those skills are simply not necessary they need to keep him mostly as a scorer.

Also Dwayne Wade needs to stop shooting three's he sucks at them in every situation except in a pick and roll, he is especially horrendous coming off a screen he shot 10% from 3 coming of screens.
laugh.gif

Bosh is the only who's figured out how to score efficiently in the new offense, he currently the most efficient isolation scorer in the NBA. Shooting 57% when ISO'd  3rd most efficient Pick and Roll man.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom