OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

You people better start sending me money when you speak on what Bron can't do.  Been sayin the #$% for years now. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

That fool don't work on his game worth a damn.  That is why from day 1 I have argued against his supposed "greatness" 

Now, IF he worked, and put that work on top of his natural athletic ability, well then, I would be one very quiet person indeed. 
sick.gif
  Lucky for me, he is soft and wants everything handed to him instead of working for it like a mad man. 

How many years now I been askin for Bron to show me moves?  Footwork, spot up positioning, post play, left hand, right hand, jab steps, pump fakes, any of that?  He either bulls his way to the cup, or takes off legged jumpers, nothing else.  He has no other offense.  He's Shaq, but a better ball handler with more range.  Shaq at least had moves in the post he would use though, he had solid footwork, spin moves etc.  Bron got none of that. 

Bout @#$%^& time ya'll start seein it and stop praising him for no damn reason.  What took ya'll so long? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

You people better start sending me money when you speak on what Bron can't do.  Been sayin the #$% for years now. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

That fool don't work on his game worth a damn.  That is why from day 1 I have argued against his supposed "greatness" 

Now, IF he worked, and put that work on top of his natural athletic ability, well then, I would be one very quiet person indeed. 
sick.gif
  Lucky for me, he is soft and wants everything handed to him instead of working for it like a mad man. 

How many years now I been askin for Bron to show me moves?  Footwork, spot up positioning, post play, left hand, right hand, jab steps, pump fakes, any of that?  He either bulls his way to the cup, or takes off legged jumpers, nothing else.  He has no other offense.  He's Shaq, but a better ball handler with more range.  Shaq at least had moves in the post he would use though, he had solid footwork, spin moves etc.  Bron got none of that. 

Bout @#$%^& time ya'll start seein it and stop praising him for no damn reason.  What took ya'll so long? 
laugh.gif
C'mon now...

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif
C'mon now...

Bigmike23 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
That fool don't work on his game worth a damn.  

way to go overboard with it
Maybe, but do you see any moves that Bron has now that he didn't have in 03?  Is there a patented shot he has developed?  Is there a spot on the floor he scares you from?  Is there a spot on the floor where you know exactly what shot he's going too next? 

There isn't, right?  It's still dribble around, look for a lane to the cup, or pull up jumper from somewhere.  8th season, and that's his "repertoire" 
grin.gif

Call me crazy, but I expect him to at least have some go-to moves.

He has plenty of go-to moves in his commercials though, oh yeah, he got plenty of those.  Funny lines, nice wigs, flashy smiles, some hard work put into them things. 
30t6p3b.gif

Bigmike23 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
That fool don't work on his game worth a damn.  

way to go overboard with it
Maybe, but do you see any moves that Bron has now that he didn't have in 03?  Is there a patented shot he has developed?  Is there a spot on the floor he scares you from?  Is there a spot on the floor where you know exactly what shot he's going too next? 

There isn't, right?  It's still dribble around, look for a lane to the cup, or pull up jumper from somewhere.  8th season, and that's his "repertoire" 
grin.gif

Call me crazy, but I expect him to at least have some go-to moves.

He has plenty of go-to moves in his commercials though, oh yeah, he got plenty of those.  Funny lines, nice wigs, flashy smiles, some hard work put into them things. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif
C'mon now...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I knew I'd get checked on that.  That was my Hines Ward comparison. 
laugh.gif

But no really, he's bigger/faster then everyone else, he bullys thru them to the bucket, but has no actual moves to speak of.  Melo has spots on the floor.  Kobe does.  TMac did.   Even Vince had SOME areas that he could set up shots that you could tell he worked on.  Peirce has spots on the floor he can use a variety of moves/fakes, etc.  These guys all got it, but Bron doesn't.  Why?  I'm honestly asking, why? 

Nas, I asked you last year, could you make me a clip of his shots that were set up shots, moves he worked on, spot ups, things like that, you told me you wouldn't have enough material to even make a vid. 
laugh.gif
  And we were being dead serious.  But i I asked you to make a vid on each of those other guys, could you find the material needed?  I bet you could, right?  So hat does that say then? 

If someone thinks I am dead wrong, please, put together that highlight clip of his offensive moves/prowess, and post it in here, let me look at it.  Dead honest request here.  Totally serious. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif
C'mon now...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I knew I'd get checked on that.  That was my Hines Ward comparison. 
laugh.gif

But no really, he's bigger/faster then everyone else, he bullys thru them to the bucket, but has no actual moves to speak of.  Melo has spots on the floor.  Kobe does.  TMac did.   Even Vince had SOME areas that he could set up shots that you could tell he worked on.  Peirce has spots on the floor he can use a variety of moves/fakes, etc.  These guys all got it, but Bron doesn't.  Why?  I'm honestly asking, why? 

Nas, I asked you last year, could you make me a clip of his shots that were set up shots, moves he worked on, spot ups, things like that, you told me you wouldn't have enough material to even make a vid. 
laugh.gif
  And we were being dead serious.  But i I asked you to make a vid on each of those other guys, could you find the material needed?  I bet you could, right?  So hat does that say then? 

If someone thinks I am dead wrong, please, put together that highlight clip of his offensive moves/prowess, and post it in here, let me look at it.  Dead honest request here.  Totally serious. 

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif
Just playing devil's advocate here as I'm no fan of Lebron, but why would he do all that when what he has done has made him the most productive player in the league the last few seasons. Two points is two points. A lot of the "moves" you're talking about are utilized by wing players who need to create their own shot/space, especially guys that are aging (late 90's MJ, Kobe, etc.) and want to avoid contact in order to reduce wear and tear accumulated throughout a long NBA season. Now a 26 year old physical freak that can get to the basket at will and draw fouls at an incredibly high rate doesn't really need to get cute and do all those moves. Again two points is two points. No he can't shoot well, but he still scores efficiently and effectively. And that Shaq comment was just foolish, you're better than that. Can Shaq pass like Lebron? Dribble like him? His jump shot is painfully average but he does have one. I agree that Miami's offense could benefit from varying where Lebron gets the ball on the floor though, especially through post ups.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif
Just playing devil's advocate here as I'm no fan of Lebron, but why would he do all that when what he has done has made him the most productive player in the league the last few seasons. Two points is two points. A lot of the "moves" you're talking about are utilized by wing players who need to create their own shot/space, especially guys that are aging (late 90's MJ, Kobe, etc.) and want to avoid contact in order to reduce wear and tear accumulated throughout a long NBA season. Now a 26 year old physical freak that can get to the basket at will and draw fouls at an incredibly high rate doesn't really need to get cute and do all those moves. Again two points is two points. No he can't shoot well, but he still scores efficiently and effectively. And that Shaq comment was just foolish, you're better than that. Can Shaq pass like Lebron? Dribble like him? His jump shot is painfully average but he does have one. I agree that Miami's offense could benefit from varying where Lebron gets the ball on the floor though, especially through post ups.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif

Fair enough on the devil's advocate, ut um, did you just ask me why Lebron would WANT to get better? 
laugh.gif
  I mean, yeah, 2 points is 2 points, but last I checked, 0 titles is 0 titles, so it's not working all that perfect.  And they don't lose in the playoffs because of Mo Williams, you lose because of the elite players.  Nobody blames Vlad Radmonovic for losing in 08, they blame Kobe.  (and Gasol)  Bron is great, but when it gets down to elite teams, they can find ways to limit his "greatness" does h have any moves that he has gathered over the years to make it more difficult for them to handcuff him? 
And since you mentioned his free throws, is he all that solid at those?  He's not Dwight Howard, but he isn't Steve Nash either.  He's not even 80% is he?  Those extra free throws wouldn't help in the playoffs, especially for a guy that can get there 10-12 times a game, even more in the postseason. 

And I said, that he was a better dribbler/shooter then Shaq, I meant in terms of how he attacked teams. 
laugh.gif
  Either way, I knew I would get yelled at for that comment.
laugh.gif

And in terms of aging, Kobe and TMac been doin those moves since 01- and beyond.  It's not an aging thing.  And Bron got a TON more minutes on his legs at 26 then ANY OTHER PLAYER in history.  (maybe KG is up there, but I don't think he had the playoff miles Bron does)  So, uh, age could be an issue sooner then people think, could it not? 

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif

Fair enough on the devil's advocate, ut um, did you just ask me why Lebron would WANT to get better? 
laugh.gif
  I mean, yeah, 2 points is 2 points, but last I checked, 0 titles is 0 titles, so it's not working all that perfect.  And they don't lose in the playoffs because of Mo Williams, you lose because of the elite players.  Nobody blames Vlad Radmonovic for losing in 08, they blame Kobe.  (and Gasol)  Bron is great, but when it gets down to elite teams, they can find ways to limit his "greatness" does h have any moves that he has gathered over the years to make it more difficult for them to handcuff him? 
And since you mentioned his free throws, is he all that solid at those?  He's not Dwight Howard, but he isn't Steve Nash either.  He's not even 80% is he?  Those extra free throws wouldn't help in the playoffs, especially for a guy that can get there 10-12 times a game, even more in the postseason. 

And I said, that he was a better dribbler/shooter then Shaq, I meant in terms of how he attacked teams. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And in terms of aging, Kobe and TMac been doin those moves since 01- and beyond.  It's not an aging thing.  And Bron got a TON more minutes on his legs at 26 then ANY OTHER PLAYER in history.  (maybe KG is up there, but I don't think he had the playoff miles Bron does)  So, uh, age could be an issue sooner then people think, could it not? 

he's superior physically to his peers and has had no injury history, I wouldn't expect the aging to kick in anytime soon.

I'm not sure how in one sentence he's become what he is simply due to his physical ability and then in the next, he's going to age more quickly than those before him.

If he's THAT gifted physically, chances are he'll hold up pretty well.

he's superior physically to his peers and has had no injury history, I wouldn't expect the aging to kick in anytime soon.

I'm not sure how in one sentence he's become what he is simply due to his physical ability and then in the next, he's going to age more quickly than those before him.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think it's a matter of getting better, just was pointing out that in terms of scoring, if A worked just as good if not better than B, than why would anyone use B? And IMO winning, especially in the playoffs, is the function of a team not just one player, be it Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, etc. I didn't take anything away from Kobe for losing to the Suns in back to back years, so why would I lay the blame entirely on Lebron? And yes elite teams limit his "greatness" but don't they do that to all great players? Isn't that part of what makes a team elite? Boston did a number on Bron in the playoffs last year, but they similarly limited Kobe's effectiveness, although the outcome was ultimately different due to a few guys that stepped up big when their star was struggling.

I'll agree that as he grows older he definitely needs to vary and add on to his game. As his athleticism declines, the shooting needs to improve and his approach to scoring should change somewhat. I will say that not all players become great shooters, just how it is. I doubt Magic was a slacker when it came to putting in work in the gym but he was never considered a great shooter. For the most part, I just think player should be measured by what they are and not what they should be.

For the record I hate defending Lebron. Deplorable attitude, people skills, life choices, arrogance etc. etc.
laugh.gif

Al3xis from what qualitative data and information we have on high school players being drafted into the NBA, one can infer that those players tend to break down and physically decline earlier than athletes drafted out of college for whatever reason. Just my opinion, but I see a correlation. Not saying it'll happen with Lebron, but it is what it is.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think it's a matter of getting better, just was pointing out that in terms of scoring, if A worked just as good if not better than B, than why would anyone use B? And IMO winning, especially in the playoffs, is the function of a team not just one player, be it Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, etc. I didn't take anything away from Kobe for losing to the Suns in back to back years, so why would I lay the blame entirely on Lebron? And yes elite teams limit his "greatness" but don't they do that to all great players? Isn't that part of what makes a team elite? Boston did a number on Bron in the playoffs last year, but they similarly limited Kobe's effectiveness, although the outcome was ultimately different due to a few guys that stepped up big when their star was struggling.

I'll agree that as he grows older he definitely needs to vary and add on to his game. As his athleticism declines, the shooting needs to improve and his approach to scoring should change somewhat. I will say that not all players become great shooters, just how it is. I doubt Magic was a slacker when it came to putting in work in the gym but he was never considered a great shooter. For the most part, I just think player should be measured by what they are and not what they should be.

For the record I hate defending Lebron. Deplorable attitude, people skills, life choices, arrogance etc. etc.
laugh.gif

Al3xis from what qualitative data and information we have on high school players being drafted into the NBA, one can infer that those players tend to break down and physically decline earlier than athletes drafted out of college for whatever reason. Just my opinion, but I see a correlation. Not saying it'll happen with Lebron, but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

No, I don't expect him to break down next year, I'm sayin his minutes logged are WAY more then anyone else.  So, at 32, will he still be high level?  And will all the battering ram moves keep him fresh by that time?  And when those skills start to decline, will he adapt?  I know what you're going to say, but are you sure about it? 
laugh.gif

And will he finally have a go-to move or spot on the floor by that time? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

No, I don't expect him to break down next year, I'm sayin his minutes logged are WAY more then anyone else.  So, at 32, will he still be high level?  And will all the battering ram moves keep him fresh by that time?  And when those skills start to decline, will he adapt?  I know what you're going to say, but are you sure about it? 
laugh.gif

And will he finally have a go-to move or spot on the floor by that time? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom