OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

^ Only reason Kobe has done so well over his career is because he is an amazing shooter.
Dunno about that. There are a bunch of reasons he's been able to maintain his performance throughout the years. He's never really been an amazing shooter, (~46% for his career) but he is great at moving without the ball and commanding the ball in his effective scoring spots. This aspect of his game is rather underrated IMO. Also he creates space incredibly intelligently, with a variety of moves and fakes allowing him to score efficiently and at a high rate. The triangle offense, has also been kind to him. Instead of placing him in the middle of the court,where double-teams can trap him, the triangle isolates him onthe wing. Having an otherworldly work ethic doesn't hurt either...
Well, scratch what I said.

But, what I was saying was, if Wade/LeBron want to have a long career LIKE Kobe's, they're going to have to develop shooting abilities LIKE Kobe's in order to strive as they have thus far.
It's not just shooting that separates him from Kobe.  It's the footwork...it's the post game, it's the mechanics of the game.  It baffles me how people continue to give LeBron a pass for not being a complete player.  His attributes that are truly outstanding are his physical/athletic ability and his passing.  Other than that, he has to have the ball or he stands in one spot like a statue.  He doesn't cut, he doesn't move.  He stands there in one spot and watches the play, because he cannot play off the ball.  For his size, he is one of the worst post up SF in the league.  He can't shoot and has no midrange game.  All of these things could be worked on, but I'm convinced his ego won't allow him to care to become a more complete player.  If you snatch away LeBron's athletic and passing ability...you really just have an average player.  
For the first time in his career, players are actually standing in front of him and taking charges instead of just letting him run to the basket.  In the game tonight, he barreled through the lane again with his shoulder lower like a linebacker (his go to move), and Tyson Chandler decided not to be a chump and to take the charge
laugh.gif
.  Most players just let him down the lane like the %%!*+$% Red Sea.

^ Only reason Kobe has done so well over his career is because he is an amazing shooter.
Dunno about that. There are a bunch of reasons he's been able to maintain his performance throughout the years. He's never really been an amazing shooter, (~46% for his career) but he is great at moving without the ball and commanding the ball in his effective scoring spots. This aspect of his game is rather underrated IMO. Also he creates space incredibly intelligently, with a variety of moves and fakes allowing him to score efficiently and at a high rate. The triangle offense, has also been kind to him. Instead of placing him in the middle of the court,where double-teams can trap him, the triangle isolates him onthe wing. Having an otherworldly work ethic doesn't hurt either...

But, what I was saying was, if Wade/LeBron want to have a long career LIKE Kobe's, they're going to have to develop shooting abilities LIKE Kobe's in order to strive as they have thus far.
It's not just shooting that separates him from Kobe.  It's the footwork...it's the post game, it's the mechanics of the game.  It baffles me how people continue to give LeBron a pass for not being a complete player.  His attributes that are truly outstanding are his physical/athletic ability and his passing.  Other than that, he has to have the ball or he stands in one spot like a statue.  He doesn't cut, he doesn't move.  He stands there in one spot and watches the play, because he cannot play off the ball.  For his size, he is one of the worst post up SF in the league.  He can't shoot and has no midrange game.  All of these things could be worked on, but I'm convinced his ego won't allow him to care to become a more complete player.  If you snatch away LeBron's athletic and passing ability...you really just have an average player.  
For the first time in his career, players are actually standing in front of him and taking charges instead of just letting him run to the basket.  In the game tonight, he barreled through the lane again with his shoulder lower like a linebacker (his go to move), and Tyson Chandler decided not to be a chump and to take the charge
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif
You really believe this, that some how it took 7 years for NBA players to figure this out?  Cmon bruh.
laugh.gif

Wade, Bosh and James or getting rid of 7 years of habits, growing gains are only natural.

Also just because Mike Browns terrible offense had Lebron standing at the top of the key in a 1-4 set or isolated doesn't mean he's can't post up or create scoring opportunities without the ball.

Acodring to Synergy Scouting cuts to the basket make up 7% of Lebrons offense (cuts to the basket are 5% of kobes offense) he shoots 80% and the 13th most efficient in the league at it.
When Lebron posts up he scores 55% of the time, shoots  possesions thats good for 14th in the L, his post moves may not be pretty or refined but they clearly work when he chooses to use them.

IMO I never understood the WHY DOESN'T LEBRON post up none sense.  I think you would breath a sigh of relief if one of the quickest first steps in the league decided to back you down, he can leave the posting up for when he gets old like Kobe.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
You really believe this, that some how it took 7 years for NBA players to figure this out?  Cmon bruh.
laugh.gif

Wade, Bosh and James or getting rid of 7 years of habits, growing gains are only natural.

Also just because Mike Browns terrible offense had Lebron standing at the top of the key in a 1-4 set or isolated doesn't mean he's can't post up or create scoring opportunities without the ball.

Acodring to Synergy Scouting cuts to the basket make up 7% of Lebrons offense (cuts to the basket are 5% of kobes offense) he shoots 80% and the 13th most efficient in the league at it.
When Lebron posts up he scores 55% of the time, shoots  possesions thats good for 14th in the L, his post moves may not be pretty or refined but they clearly work when he chooses to use them.

IMO I never understood the WHY DOESN'T LEBRON post up none sense.  I think you would breath a sigh of relief if one of the quickest first steps in the league decided to back you down, he can leave the posting up for when he gets old like Kobe.
ohwell.gif

his post moves may not be pretty or refined but they clearly work when he chooses to use them.

correct.

his fault he doesn't go down there, but it's not because he can't.

his post moves may not be pretty or refined but they clearly work when he chooses to use them.

correct.

his fault he doesn't go down there, but it's not because he can't.

you need to quit with the hollinger garbage and use your eyes. stats don't tell the whole story

you need to quit with the hollinger garbage and use your eyes. stats don't tell the whole story

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
You don't think posting Lebron up would be an effective way to work a high/low double post with Bosh? What about working out of the post so one of the most gifted passers in the league can pick apart a defense by hitting shooters and dive men? Lots of ways to utilize a post up man other than to score. What would you rather do? Run the offense they've been running? Cause it looks a lot like Mike Brown's offense to me, except with two Lebrons a.k.a. the height of stupidity. In the half court I think they need to put Lebron in different spots on the floor i.e post ups and just work the mismatches. Otherwise, pick up the pace and GET IN TRANSITION. Not that I care about the success of the Heat...74-8
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
You don't think posting Lebron up would be an effective way to work a high/low double post with Bosh? What about working out of the post so one of the most gifted passers in the league can pick apart a defense by hitting shooters and dive men? Lots of ways to utilize a post up man other than to score. What would you rather do? Run the offense they've been running? Cause it looks a lot like Mike Brown's offense to me, except with two Lebrons a.k.a. the height of stupidity. In the half court I think they need to put Lebron in different spots on the floor i.e post ups and just work the mismatches. Otherwise, pick up the pace and GET IN TRANSITION. Not that I care about the success of the Heat...74-8
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Just came from the Wolves game that man Wright
mad.gif
son had hands all in his face but still swoosh after swoosh. They was doubling Darko every single time down the court. Beasley going through a cold streak right now.

I would still like to see a team of only Bosh and Wade then see what types of trades or players they could have gotten through FA. I think a line up of Mario, Wade, Miller, Bosh, Anthony. Then a bunch of dudes through FA.

I believe Lebron has never had respect for a coach except Coach K just because of the history he has. I wonder if Pat comes down will Wade ask to be moved.

30t6p3b.gif
Just came from the Wolves game that man Wright
mad.gif
son had hands all in his face but still swoosh after swoosh. They was doubling Darko every single time down the court. Beasley going through a cold streak right now.

I would still like to see a team of only Bosh and Wade then see what types of trades or players they could have gotten through FA. I think a line up of Mario, Wade, Miller, Bosh, Anthony. Then a bunch of dudes through FA.

I believe Lebron has never had respect for a coach except Coach K just because of the history he has. I wonder if Pat comes down will Wade ask to be moved.

I think Riley doesnt want to coach because can y'all imagine the pressure on him and the !*%$ he will get if they lose

Just dont think he wants that.

I think Riley doesnt want to coach because can y'all imagine the pressure on him and the !*%$ he will get if they lose

Just dont think he wants that.

You people better start sending me money when you speak on what Bron can't do.  Been sayin the #$% for years now. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

That fool don't work on his game worth a damn.  That is why from day 1 I have argued against his supposed "greatness" 

Now, IF he worked, and put that work on top of his natural athletic ability, well then, I would be one very quiet person indeed. 
sick.gif
  Lucky for me, he is soft and wants everything handed to him instead of working for it like a mad man. 

How many years now I been askin for Bron to show me moves?  Footwork, spot up positioning, post play, left hand, right hand, jab steps, pump fakes, any of that?  He either bulls his way to the cup, or takes off legged jumpers, nothing else.  He has no other offense.  He's Shaq, but a better ball handler with more range.  Shaq at least had moves in the post he would use though, he had solid footwork, spin moves etc.  Bron got none of that. 

Bout @#$%^& time ya'll start seein it and stop praising him for no damn reason.  What took ya'll so long? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom