OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

laugh.gif
at McHale's answer.

Man I'd feel for you Knicks fans if Walsh's departure leads to Isaiah coming back into the fold.

^Thanks

roll.gif
@ McHale. He still in analyst mode. Taking it so easy. After the stress of being a coach gets back in him. He won't be rambling as much.

If Isiah comes back isn't it then acceptable for Knicks fans to finally stop supporting the franchise?

I mean, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Still can't believe what I watched last night. Miami got bored, Dallas smacked them in the mouth and then they just folded (or panicked) on both ends. Did not like Bosh on Dirk. Would have rather seen Haslem or if it was going to be Bosh, have Bron switch on him. Will be interested to see how Miami reacts for Game 3. that was a golden opportunity. These overreactions in the social media age to 1 game in 7 game series have really gotten old, though.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If Isiah comes back isn't it then acceptable for Knicks fans to finally stop supporting the franchise?

I mean, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Still can't believe what I watched last night. Miami got bored, Dallas smacked them in the mouth and then they just folded (or panicked) on both ends. Did not like Bosh on Dirk. Would have rather seen Haslem or if it was going to be Bosh, have Bron switch on him. Will be interested to see how Miami reacts for Game 3. that was a golden opportunity. These overreactions in the social media age to 1 game in 7 game series have really gotten old, though.
Who would you then root for? 

It's funny, both Miami and Dallas got here by having incredible 4th quarter runs, yet we're all still shocked.  We should all know by now, Miami will do the exact same thing at some point in this series to Dallas.  It's how it's been goin the last 2 months.  But last night was flat out crazy. 

How did Miami get bored, though? Come on. In the NBA Finals getting bored? That's nonsense. They just handled the lead poorly. Not buying that getting bored $+##. They surely gave the game away, but I'm still not sure that Dallas has enough to win 3 more.

Maybe bored isn't the right word, but they stopped attacking and thought it was over. Even when it was cut to 6 then 4, no urgency. same crap.

Complacent, bored, etc. whatever you want to call it.

I'd root for nobody. But I can't support an Isiah led team again, will not do it. And there just is no way Dolan isn't aware that many would react the same.

Allen, it's completely acceptable in my eyes. This franchise was run into the ground for the better part of a decade and finally got someone to turn it around and was looking towards a future that seemed bright. Now the man who constructed it is gone and there is now a chance you bring back the person who single handedly destroyed everything about the Knicks?

It would be insane for fans to root for a team/owner that has absolutely no regard for the fans if that were to happen. I don't see it as having to root for another team either, I have League Pass I'll be fine. They could shove that %!%$ where the sun don't shine.

Sounding pessimistic because with the Knicks, the worst has to be expected.

LeBron and Wade went into this dribble the shot clock down to 7 and then run a pick and roll nonsense and Dallas finally got their bigs to stretch those out by actually hedging the screen and they couldn't get a damn shot up...

The Mavs haven't played particularly well for 2 games now and they're coming home with a split... That's a good place to be.

Other than the Portland game, we've been holding onto leads in the fourth RELATIVELY well.

There hasn't been any other game where we lost it when leading for the majority of the quarter.

A blog mentioned this, found it fascinating in retrospect..

The Mavericks were down 16 in the third quarter of Game 1 against the Lakers in the second round of the playoffs and won. In Game 3 of that series, they were down seven with 5:05 left and won. In Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals they were down 15 with 5:05 left and won, stealing Durant’s pretend belt. In Game 5 of that series they were down seven with 5:48 left and won.

And here … down 15 with 7:13 remaining. “Hang in, hang around, keep believing,’’ Carlisle told his team in a huddle that gathered just moments after and feet away from the very spot

You gotta look at this team and say that this isn't a fluke. A fluke wouldn't have comebacks like this in the fourth quarter FOUR times. Cinderellas? Hard to say that we're Cinderellas when we have played 17 playoff games and have lost four.

They may have the best two players on the court in any game, but their offense at times is downright brutal to watch.

If we don't turn the ball over, if we don't let them get on the glass, they are a very normal, average team. They dribble the shot-clock out and look for contested perimeter jumpshots? If you're Dallas, you have to be licking your chops. They've been hitting a ton of those well-contested shots in Miami, will that hold up in Dallas? They better be attacking the rim a lot more in the half-court if they want to try and have this series go back in their advantage.

The last 6 minutes of that game, that's how both games started. They just didn't look cohesive if they weren't on the break. One huge factor is we kicked their butts on the boards, when last game they kicked ours. It was a nice feeling.

Only six offensive boards for them, that's HUGE, especially considering they had TEN more the other night.

The thing I'm really excited for our last home-stretch is that now, are we going to see Bibby hit 4 threes on the road? Chalmers light us up? Mike Miller light us up (By the way, he went out very early in the game, I think they're trying to hide his injury, which I think may be very serious)?

I missed nearly the entire first half save for a minute or two and a majority of the third quarter.

Going to re-watch the game to see what I missed.

Miami's offensive sets are predicated on Bosh hitting jump shots to open up driving lanes. If he is ineffective it forces LeBron or Wade to resort to hero ball. IMO neither team has played that well and we have yet to see both teams play their best game.

How's Nash gonna come and support his boy, but wear Heat colors?
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Does anyone else think Nash might ask to be traded?
nerd.gif

Could a deal be worked out so that the Mavs would have the two oldest PGs in the NBA?
roll.gif

Nash for Barea, Beaubois and cap filler?
laugh.gif

Imagine Nash, Kidd, and JET on the perimeter.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Imagine them on defense..
roll.gif
sick.gif

I'd like to see him retire in Dallas, I've always had a hard time seeing him not apart of Dallas. I know he's re-shaped Phoenix basketball, but that team is dead. However many years he's playing, I'd like to see him back in Dallas, even if at a very minimal role.

He'll get traded, I just don't think it'll be so much him asking for one more of Phoenix realizing they need to start rebuilding...

What pieces do they have right now that are really worth building around?

They have two really good Centers that are somewhat valuable, but neither of those guys are pieces you build around.

Grant's still there and expresses his desire to stay with the team, but for what?

Pietrus has a player option which he'll take unless he's stupid.

Vince Carter has to be done with this team, they going to pay him 18 million? I doubt it, see ya Vince, you probably had the worst year of anyone in the NBA. Dude is straight Jerry Stackhouse now. And not in a good way.

So you got Nash who is done after this upcoming year.

Then you have J-Chill for 27 million over the next four years, 22 million over three years for Gortat, 25 million for Frye for the next four years. Dudley is a guy who they got long term, but again, no real guys to build around...

Can't say I like the direction of the franchise. :/

Oh NOW you all wanna question what the @#$% they doin out in Phoenix. 
30t6p3b.gif

I been @#$%^%$# about them for a couple years now.  They lost as all hell.  And I love it. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
that's what I'm saying JA, they're now realizing they need to rebuild and I think this summer he is gone.

I always like Nash in Atlanta fit but that won't happen.

Stop thinking out loud JA. Two oldest pgs on the same team
laugh.gif

Hope he ends up on the Knicks
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom