OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JPZx

CP, KLJ, JapanAir, etc. can clown on the T'Wolves.

You're a Kings fan though.
And the Kings are better than the Wolves. So what? No one really clowning the Wolves here. The management does it on their own most of the time.

And I've been taking slight shots at the Wolves the whole season on this thread every time you bring them up. I know you waiting for your chance to get back at me with screenshots.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Consistently develop into losers tho? No hate on the rest of the guys, but Love really almost did notch all 17 wins for the Wolves last season. Even tho Kahn believes he is done rebuilding the team, I think he and Rambis (if he isn't fired) still have a lot of work ahead of them before they can start an OKC blueprint of organic growth. The Wolves have been stockpiling young talent with potential, but who knows even with development if that will lead to wins. Getting Rubio will help that process hopefully. But fans have been waiting for a winner since the KG years. A lot easier to just say winning will come later when no one knows for sure.
One thing I left off was don't overreact.  After the KG deal, it was going to be Al Jeff and kids moving forward. 

That didn't stick right away, they moved to a new plan, basically starting over, or stalling in the middle, depending on how you look at it. 

They got KLove and have now started that route, and having Rubio out for 2 years stalled them slightly as well.  Bottom line, don't overreact.  No 80 million dollar deals, panic trades, reaches, or any of that.  Grab the kids that fit your program, coach them up properly, and they will learn and develop.  But not overnight.  

Love, Rubio, #2 pick, #20 pick, and whatever they do with Darko and Beasley is a nice start.  If they can get Wes and Flynn to give them anything, that's a nice young roster to move ahead with.  If a guy isn't cutting it, then you try to flip him for more.  Again, like Memphis, if they start to grow slightly, and you can get a top 15ish type player to take your money and slot him in with those kids, welcome to the playoffs.  Give them that taste, and see if they hunger for it and work harder. 

It ain't hard, but it ain't easy. 
wink.gif

If you catch my drift.
No worries about overreacting. My main point is to try to win and be competitive even with that young roster. Considering Love is the only legit franchise player on the team right now worth keeping in the long haul, management must do their best to have the right pieces around him so he doesn't bail on the Wolves. One year left on his rookie contract.
nerd.gif
Edit, same for Beasley and Randolph.

Kahn seeking veteran help isn't a bad thing and I agree not to throw money out there just cause tho.

So to me, at some point, hopefully next season, the Wolves need to show improvement and not regress even with this all these young talent potential types.

I ain't even hating. I am just another small market team fan going through this slow %+% rebuilding process.
laugh.gif

If I'm the Mavs I'm happy with the team defense but they HAVE to finish their defensive possessions with rebounds. Offensively, besides just making their open shots, I think they'll need to push the ball more.

I thought this was interesting.
Dwyane Wade nearly a Magic? Apparently so

For all the talk that ensued in the wake of the 2003 NBA Draft, including stories of how Chris Kaman, not Dwyane Wade, was Pat Riley’s true target, comes a new spin from Celtics coach Doc Rivers.

Apparently, at least according to an interview Rivers conducted with ESPN Radio in New York, the Magic had a pre-draft deal worked out with the Heat that would have landed Wade.

Or so they thought.

From Rivers’ radio interview:

“Dwyane came in to work out with us when I was coaching the Magic and he really shouldn’t have. I think we were the 15th pick or the 14th pick. He had no business coming. He just came because of the Marquette connection.

“We had a workout. We had Keith Bogans and a couple of other guys. He dominated that workout more than I have seen any player dominate a workout to a point where we were scrambling trying to make a trade to get him in the draft and move up. We felt a lot of people didn’t know it.

“We had a deal with the Miami Heat if their guy didn’t come up the pick was ours.

“Well when the pick came to Miami . . . and Dwyane Wade, we thought that we had him because we didn’t know that Miami liked him and then they called us right before they were about to pick and they said, ‘We’re sorry. We have our guy.’

And they picked Dwyane Wade.

I definitely agree we have to push the ball more. That's what made us so successful in our run. Even against a team like OKC, we still pushed the ball up EVERY possession. Maybe my stream was just crappy, but when I watched the game, I saw a lot of walking up the court. We need to be pushing the ball, make them scramble on defense as soon as possible. Our ball movement is better than what we saw on Tuesday.

And definitely more pick-and-roll, standing around on the perimeter and just sitting around looking for an open guy, or passing it to Marion or Dirk in the paint isn't efficient. We have excellent pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop guys, and we have length, USE IT.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Call me crazy, but I think Bosh is a very underrated defender.
Coach K said he was the best big defender on the redeem team, but hey what do me and coach k know?

He looked amazing on that last play. Quite the defensive juggernaut. Way to stop the slow, giant German with a bum finger.

Great comeback by the Mavs.

Not sure what the hell LeBron/Wade were thinking taking threes during the last few minutes. Still think the Heat got the series though.

Tremendous comeback by the Mavs

Awful late game possessions by the Heat

Heat still win the series, just can't take their foot off the gas

We've had stretches where we play amazing basketball. We were up 9 in this game. We just took our foot off the gas. They lost their composure, and we should have taken advantage. We didn't.

Only one loss at home during this Playoff run, let's hope we only lose one in the next three.

Going home will be nice for guys like JET, Chandler, JJ, and Peja.

Peja really needs to see limited minutes though. If we're gonna bench him, go with Brewer instead.

I've gotta give some huge props to Shawn Marion...

In the absence of Caron Butler, we've needed a boost. For the three prior series, it was defense.

This series dude is doing it on both ends. You can look at Bron and say that he's still getting off, but Marion isn't giving up, he's contesting shots, and he's grabbing boards.

Thus far, Marion is on pace for 18/9/3/1/1. Most important thing about that statline? 57% shooting. If he keeps up this productivity, hell, give him 15 shots a game, that's points we desperately need. I said going in that Marion would need to be huge for us if we want to win this series. He has been in the first two games, and we've split.

Playing D on everyone from Kobe to KD to Russ to Bron to Wade at times. Dude has been a great piece for us this run.

Good game. Props to the Mavs on the comeback. You are right about Marion stepping up big time on both sides of the court.

Can't wait for the next game. Get those rebounds!

Back
Top Bottom