OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Then who the hell would start alongside Curry?

I know you're being sarcastic, but that deal makes no sense to me.

No long-term or short-term benefit for getting rid of Monta for Conley.
uh i thought the trade was monta for conley and oj? oj would start at the 2

Not serious enough to try and call out people.
Oh.
Shut your %@+ up Love. Way to make your PG feel good. Kids these days and their damn twitter
30t6p3b.gif

SMFH at Love.
What a goddamn prick...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Woah woah woah. OJ AND Conley for Monta?

Damn, you pull the trigger right away on that.

Monta would be their starting PG though? Ehhhh.

Russell Westbrook with a jumper, personally.

Personally, indeed.

Right. And I'm willing to bet money that Hollins could get him to play closer to a PG than Brooks could with Westbrook.

The trade listed in the article really was Rudy Gay for Monta Ellis, but I made my own proposal of Conley/OJ.
laugh.gif

I just think if you trade those two, getting back a player thats better than both of them is worth it. It probably wouldn't be just Monta though.

I'll actually make this my offer (from another site): OJ + Xavier + $$ reserved for Shane = Monta + 2nd rd draft pick on 5th wing. Plus Monta's flat rate works going forward

I don't think I'm willing to stomach the risk of Conley being in the deal (think he has even more upside after this year's experience). But if you could get Monta for OJ and parts (say in a 3 way -- OJ & X to Indy (who has George), Granger to GSW, Monta to Memphis) -- that would make the team pretty devastating.

Conley-Ellis-Gay-ZBo- Gasol with TA and DA as #6 & 7.

Interesting that Ellis is already aggressive in going after steals (might be easier to train to fit Hollins style). Also he shot a ton of 3s this year at a pretty average rate -- though it was his highest career %. Not a great 3pt shooter but perhaps improving and needs to be guarded.

The media would say there wouldn't be enough basketballs to go around, but they said that this year too and it worked out alright.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Right. And I'm willing to bet money that Hollins could get him to play closer to a PG than Brooks could with Westbrook.
Ohhh, I would be real careful with that.....

Originally Posted by CP1708

Don't think so huh?

That's understandable. I just like Hollins track record with most of his players on the team. Rudy went from a ball hog, below average defender, terrible shot selection player to a more willing passer, average/above average defender, decent shot selection. We all know Zbo's story and now look at him. Same things with Conley finally developing.

The only person that was hurt by Hollins was OJ. Hollins could use the same approach with Monta as he did with Zbo. Ellis would also be closer to home and would relate more to our city. I really wish it would happen just so I could see it work.

Don't think so huh?

That's understandable. I just like Hollins track record with most of his players on the team. Rudy went from a ball hog, below average defender, terrible shot selection player to a more willing passer, average/above average defender, decent shot selection. We all know Zbo's story and now look at him. Same things with Conley finally developing.

The only person that was hurt by Hollins was OJ. Hollins could use the same approach with Monta as he did with Zbo. Ellis would also be closer to home and would relate more to our city. I really wish it would happen just so I could see it work.

Right, but Conley developed into what he is, a PG.  Zach is what he is, but playing smarter.  Rudy improved in his game, and adjusted, yes, Hollins should get credit for this.  But what you would be asking Monta to do is change, completely.  He's a scorer.  It's like the AI as a PG experiment.  He may get to 7-8 assists, but he's not really running the point the right way, ya know? 
It would be a complete change to Monta's game.  Feeding the post, setting up Rudy, getting looks for whichever bench players are in......I dunno about that. 

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Way to make your PG feel good

so what happens with jonny flynn?

(question is to everyone or anyone, not specifically 651)

True.

I think there may be a way of incorporating his scoring and being a PG. He wouldn't be your traditional PG, but it seems like alot of these big name PG's aren't. Would he be more willing to make that extra pass than take that extra shot? Remains to be seen, but I bet he would being that he would have better players around. We never seen him in a system outside of the run and gun offense either. There was no way in changing A.I. That was his career and his ego got ahead of him. There's still a chance for Ellis to change knowing that his team hasn't been successful with his current play on his current team. AI did have success and it also lead him to thinking that the team is better off with him playing the way he plays.

I think Monta in GSW is what you would see if Westbrook went to a sub .500 team and was the #1 guy. I would just really want to see an Ellis/Marc pick and roll, Ellis/Gay pick and roll, etc.
sick.gif
 One more thing, if Conley isn't included in the deal, then Ellis would play in his traditional role. I don't think it would work out if he played SG here though. He's a ball dominant guard, so I would be better off putting him next to TOny Allen.  

I'll take him as the backup.

I read something last month saying Detroit, Toronto, and Charlotte have some interested in Flynn.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Way to make your PG feel good

(question is to everyone or anyone, not specifically 651)

Don't know exactly, but he's already had a chance. He can still be productive, but when you're trying to build a winner, you need more stability at PG.

They probably throw him into a trade.

I wouldn't move Flynn either honestly.  What if Rubio doesn't live up to what they need?  At least have Flynn available to help out if that is the case, hell, best man wins if ya ask me. 

Maybe Rubio pushes Flynn to be better somehow.  Too many variables to just up and trade the kid just like that.  Stick with both of them, see who rises to the top, move from there. 

I wouldn't move Flynn either honestly.  What if Rubio doesn't live up to what they need?  At least have Flynn available to help out if that is the case, hell, best man wins if ya ask me. 

Maybe Rubio pushes Flynn to be better somehow.  Too many variables to just up and trade the kid just like that.  Stick with both of them, see who rises to the top, move from there. 

Plus Flynn's value couldn't be lower, so no need to move him before next season starts.

Love didnt just tweet that though:
Ricky Rubio, huh?" Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Love tweeted late Wednesday night. "I'll believe it when I see it..."
His tweets continued: "Just thinking about pick and rolls...goodnight.

"Pick....N....Rolls."

The Timberwolves have had a number of conversations with teams interested in Flynn, and more recently it seems he might wind up in Toronto. Flynn is a native of Niagara and Toronto is practically home for him. The Raptors have been looking to change up their point guard rotation and Flynn would be part of that solution. 
Link

Originally Posted by PMatic

The Timberwolves have had a number of conversations with teams interested in Flynn, and more recently it seems he might wind up in Toronto. Flynn is a native of Niagara and Toronto is practically home for him. The Raptors have been looking to change up their point guard rotation and Flynn would be part of that solution. 
Link

Poor OKB

Flynn, the 20th pick and a small amount of cash for DeRozan?

Probably not.

I still think Flynn is borderline good. No idea why, really.

Back
Top Bottom