OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

To follow-up on something I posted a few pages back, Dwight Howard denied the story by a local reporter that he worked on a two year extension this past weekend

"There's no truth to that"

Link

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Flynn, the 20th pick and a small amount of cash for DeRozan?

Probably not.

I still think Flynn is borderline good. No idea why, really.

I don't know if that was a dig at Flynn or Derozan.

roll.gif

Flynn played 81 out of 82 his first year and had a hip injury then surgery that messed him up going into his second year. If he gets a shot to start somewhere else with a little more freedom he will be all right.

I really liked Flynn coming out of Syracuse but he's not very good. Maybe a fresh start would do him good.

I see Flynn as a good backup who could start for a lengthy period if the main starter goes down. i.e. Jack, Maynor, etc. For all I know, he could end up like Lowry if he gets in the right situation.

Which is why I want him as my backup.

Luke Ridnour is going to continue to start on the Wolves.
laugh.gif

Flynn still got time. He would be "productive" if he got PT on the Wolves. Not sure about winning tho. 

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Flynn still got time. He would be "productive" if he got PT on the Wolves. Not sure about winning tho. 

Winning will come later.  They can't worry about that right now.  Get your core, develop the hell out of them, stay in the plan.  Follow OKC and Memphis style blue print.  The kids learn and develop properly, the winning will follow. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Winning will come later.  They can't worry about that right now.  Get your core, develop the hell out of them, stay in the plan.  Follow OKC and Memphis style blue print.  The kids learn and develop properly, the winning will follow. 

This.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

laugh.gif

This.
Consistently develop into losers tho? No hate on the rest of the guys, but Love really almost did notch all 17 wins for the Wolves last season. Even tho Kahn believes he is done rebuilding the team, I think he and Rambis (if he isn't fired) still have a lot of work ahead of them before they can start an OKC blueprint of organic growth. The Wolves have been stockpiling young talent with potential, but who knows even with development if that will lead to wins. Getting Rubio will help that process hopefully. But fans have been waiting for a winner since the KG years. A lot easier to just say winning will come later when no one knows for sure.    

What, BHZ got off a comment about Lowry and nicedude didn't say anything about it? Not even one pot shot about Conley? I'm stunned.

Originally Posted by Statis22

What, BHZ got off a comment about Lowry and nicedude didn't say anything about it? Not even one pot shot about Conley? I'm stunned.
You got me.

But I didn't want to talk about the Grizz up in here again. The Wolves deserve some love too.

Lowry > Conley
laugh.gif

CP, KLJ, JapanAir, etc. can clown on the T'Wolves.

You're a Kings fan though.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

This.
Consistently develop into losers tho? No hate on the rest of the guys, but Love really almost did notch all 17 wins for the Wolves last season. Even tho Kahn believes he is done rebuilding the team, I think he and Rambis (if he isn't fired) still have a lot of work ahead of them before they can start an OKC blueprint of organic growth. The Wolves have been stockpiling young talent with potential, but who knows even with development if that will lead to wins. Getting Rubio will help that process hopefully. But fans have been waiting for a winner since the KG years. A lot easier to just say winning will come later when no one knows for sure.    

One thing I left off was don't overreact.  After the KG deal, it was going to be Al Jeff and kids moving forward. 

That didn't stick right away, they moved to a new plan, basically starting over, or stalling in the middle, depending on how you look at it. 

They got KLove and have now started that route, and having Rubio out for 2 years stalled them slightly as well.  Bottom line, don't overreact.  No 80 million dollar deals, panic trades, reaches, or any of that.  Grab the kids that fit your program, coach them up properly, and they will learn and develop.  But not overnight.  

Love, Rubio, #2 pick, #20 pick, and whatever they do with Darko and Beasley is a nice start.  If they can get Wes and Flynn to give them anything, that's a nice young roster to move ahead with.  If a guy isn't cutting it, then you try to flip him for more.  Again, like Memphis, if they start to grow slightly, and you can get a top 15ish type player to take your money and slot him in with those kids, welcome to the playoffs.  Give them that taste, and see if they hunger for it and work harder. 

It ain't hard, but it ain't easy. 
wink.gif

If you catch my drift. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

CP, KLJ, JapanAir, etc. can clown on the T'Wolves.

You're a Kings fan though.
roll.gif

I do think it's time to bring in a veteran for the T'Wolves. I'd probably lean more towards Iguodala than Monta myself.

If they are looking for a true go to guy, I would pick Monta.

Bringing in Iguodala just seems like a waste. They have Wes to be that athletic swingman and play the G/F position.

Hell no. 

Monta on Memphis, MAYBE I can get behind, they have enough guys there to at least try to mold the guy.  But you're pushing it. 

Him in Minny? 
grin.gif
  How the hell those kids gonna develop? 
laugh.gif

Iggy I get, Monta no way, no damn how. 

I like Monta, I like watchin him play, but I dunno about him helping a young team out.  I need to see it before I'll believe it. 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If they are looking for a true go to guy, I would pick Monta.

Bringing in Iguodala just seems like a waste. They have Wes to be that athletic swingman and play the G/F position.
That's my reservation about Iguodala too. Monta would be a nice idea but then I think about a backcourt consisting of Rubio, Monta and Ridnour and just shudder, especially with Love and Beasley next to them.
laugh.gif

If Monta could play like he did when he was the third option on the We Believe team, then I could see it working.

bill simmons on PTI is nice. He seems like an NT'er

wire references and making fun of wilbon's bald head. I like it. He's awkward at times though

My one adjustment tonight for Dallas.  If they stick Bron on Terry again, then Terry needs to stop standing around and get his Rip Hamilton on.  Even as a decoy.  Run the hell around, side to side along the baseline over and over and over.  That's their only hope of slowing Bron down a little if they can't use Terry for anything. 

Then have Kidd/Barea run the pick and roll with Dirk at the free throw line.  If Bron comes off Terry, then you have a kick out, if not, at least you run him a bit late in the game. 

Miami, Bibby on a short @#$ leash real fast.  Chalmers gets 35 minutes tonight.  Unless Miller is doin ok with the shoulder.  Wade and Bron and Bosh know how to do what they need to do.  They'll be fine.  Wade starting a little earlier than the 4th Q would be nice, but not a must.  And they should all be slappin at Dirk when he has the ball.  Not dirty, just annoying him with it.  His shooting should be fine, but possibly ball handling might get affected, or even rebounding/ball security. 

Back
Top Bottom