OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Link
[h1]Dirk Nowitzki Injury: Dallas Mavericks Forward Tears Tendon In Middle Finger, Will Wear Splint In NBA Finals[/h1]

gyi0064963425_extra_large_large.jpg

By Brian Floyd - Associate Editor

Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki tore a tendon in his left middle finger during Game 1 of the NBA Finals. The Mavs lost to the Miami Heat to open the series, 92-84.

Follow @sbnation on Twitter, and Like SBNation.com on Facebook.

Jun 1, 2011 - The Dallas Mavericks loss to the Miami Heat in Game 1 of the NBA Finals may prove more costly than 1-0 hole the team fell into with a 92-84 loss on Tuesday night. While the Heat are dealing with an unknown injury to Mike Miller, Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki sustained a far worse injury as he tore a tendon in his left middle finger. The injury will force the Mavs' forward to wear a splint throughout the rest of the NBA Finals as he attempts to play through it.

The news came from ESPN's Brian Windhorst, and is certainly not good for the Mavericks.
Dirk Nowitzki just said he tore a tendon in his left middle finger. Will wear a splint for rest of playoffs. Happened when Dirk stripped ball from Chris Bosh. Said he couldn't straighten finger after injury.

This is just about the worst case scenario for Dallas, who needs Nowitzki to be at his best to hang with the Heat. In Game 1, Miami turned the jets on in the fourth quarter and pulled away for an eight-point win, 92-84. And while dropping Game 1 by no means puts the Mavericks in a hole the can't claw out of, having Nowitzki at anything less than 100 percent for the most important games of the season is a significant blow to Dallas' chances.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Any news on this bum Rubio?

Supposedly right now only Kahn knows whether or not he has signed.... they're not letting anybody know until Rubio's spanish team is done playing because he doesn't want to come off as disloyal to that team.

All of this is just whatever.

[h3]
[h3]
[h3]Rubio Faces Deadline To Sign With Timberwolves[/h3]
May 31, 2011 5:56 PM EDT

Rubio_Ricky_MIN_100829.jpg

A deadline of sorts has arrived for Ricky Rubio as he decides about playing in the NBA next season.

Under the current collective bargaining agreement, Tuesday was the last day Rubio could sign a contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves and ensure that his deal will be under the existing rookie wage scale.

If the Spanish point guard does not sign a contract with the Wolves by the end of business on Tuesday, he will not be able to sign until the beginning of the new fiscal league year.

Via Jon/Krawczynski/Associated Press

Read more: [url=http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213929/Rubio_Faces_Deadline_To_Sign_With_Timberwolves#ixzz1O0AYh95s]http://basketball.realgm....mberwolves#ixzz1O0AYh95s[/url]
[/h3]
[/h3]

Originally Posted by apossiblehybrid

i actually thought dallas almost had the game...up until bron hit the buzzer beater to end the 3rd quarter...
Yeah, they were close all the way in the third, but that three just gave them a little cushion.

By the time the 4th started, they had the ball, and the lead. Really helped them out.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Good game. Gotta stay out of that Finals thread. Got more Lakers fans in there than Heat and Mavs fans combined. It is what it is tho.
laugh.gif

that's why I'm going to post in that thread once in a while ..

If Bron and Wade are gonna play like that all series.....

The Miami Defense was outstanding last night, but Dallas's D wasn't bad either. 

Spo did a helluva job with game 1 adjustments.  I thought Bron on Terry was brilliant, especially since we were all expecting Bron on Dirk.  If he plays Terry in 4th quarters all series, forget Terry for this series then.  When I saw the Mavs havin to go to Marion as their matchup strength, I knew that was a problem.  That guy is a catch and shoot or finisher at best, creating his own offense will murder their rhythm. 

Chalmers was the one that really helped them out last night in terms of off the bench types. 

Bibby and Peja, doing Bibby and Peja things. 

Dirk didn't look comfortable at all last night.  He hit maybe 2-3 shots that looked normal for him, everything else was hard.  They better find him some spots.  But Carlisle has done great work making adjustments between games, see if he comes up with something. 

Originally Posted by CasperJr

D12 to Chicago > D12 to LA

why?

yall have 2 good young centers already.. if anything whatever rumors involving k.love or griffin makes more sense to chicago (of course this assumes there will be some form of amnesty clause that will permit yall to get rid of boozer's contract)

God damn it.... the finals started already
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
God damn you Hong Kong and your stupid passion for soccer,ping pong, badminton, and obscure water sports
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I swear thats all thats on on ESPN here
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Trade Monta Ellis? Jerry West just might be the guy to do it

It is possible that Jerry West came to the Warriors with the sole purpose of fashioning the franchise to the exact and entertaining specifications of Monta Ellis, for now and forever.

But I would not bet that way.

In fact, when you study all things Warriors and West — not necessarily in that order — the Ellis foreshadowing is hard to miss.

It’s nothing personal. It’s just basketball business.

And with West on board as management’s newest, sharpest voice, it seems likely that West already has begun to survey trade options for Ellis.

“I’ve seen teams trade players that score tons of points and people say, ‘How in the world can you trade that player?’

Shhh. Don't say anything about Gay. KLJ gonna get tight because someone brought up some Grizz info.

If it was Conley/Mayo for Ellis, I would do it. Move him to the PG spot. Get bigger in the backcourt, quicker, more explosive, etc.

heard on epsn the herd than last nights game viewer ratings were higher than any game in last years final,
laugh.gif
, ppl want to see bron lose badly
30t6p3b.gif

There may be nothing the Grizzlies could do that would make me hate them more. I like it.

Ellis, Gay and Zach Randolph?
laugh.gif

Awesome.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dirk didn't look comfortable at all last night.  He hit maybe 2-3 shots that looked normal for him, everything else was hard.  They better find him some spots.  But Carlisle has done great work making adjustments between games, see if he comes up with something.
He missed a ton of shots last night that he's been making through this whole playoff run... He's gonna be fine. Just never got in a rhythm last night.

Both teams were terrible for long stretches last night until Miami made just enough of a run towards the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th to put it away. Both defenses looked really good.

None of it is going to matter if the Mavs can't keep Miami off the offensive glass... They woulda been up 10+ at half if they could rebound worth a damn. Chandler was awful in that regard last night.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

There may be nothing the Grizzlies could do that would make me hate them more. I like it.

laugh.gif

Awesome.

Which means if they succeed, it would burn your soul even more.
pimp.gif
 I'm willing to take that risk of adding him.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ a team of Ellis, Gay & ZBO w/ Ellis running the point.. Westbrook/KD fiasco x60

But I would absolutely do a couple cartwheels if OJ went to the Warriors.. OJ & Curry are my favorite players outside of LeBron

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

laugh.gif

Awesome.

Danny Granger would look good on the Grizzlies...

Back
Top Bottom