OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm just ready to hear how great the Mavs are without Caron Butler. They made it to the NBA Finals without him so no way they are a better team with him on the court....

They came together as a team and their defense improved without him. You would think they would just be willing to let him go easily in the off-season. What ya think?
laugh.gif
Butler for Mayo.

Flordia doesn't have a state income tax. that was huge.

suckers really ate up the whole "he's so noble" for giving up money BS.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Flordia doesn't have a state income tax. that was huge.

suckers really ate up the whole "he's so noble" for giving up money BS.
you still pay taxes for every state you play in from what i hear

I wonder. the 9 states like that are Alaska, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Florida, South Dakota, Washington, Nevada, Texas, Wyoming

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Wait why wouldn't Beaubois start or be ready to start?
You seen him at all this year? He was awful.
Haven't seen him play at all honestly
But you Mavs fans always have pumped him hard....injuries musta killed him this year then...and i would give him a chance over deshawn

Haven't seen him play at all honestly
But you Mavs fans always have pumped him hard....injuries musta killed him this year then...and i would give him a chance over deshawn
Every opportunity he's been given this year, he's underperformed.

Polar opposite of last year. DeShawn is the best option we have to start right now, with questionably Corey Brewer being the only other guy I can think of.

Between the two which team is better 2006 Miami Heat or 2011 Miami Heat?

yea i dunno what you dallas fans saw in him. alot of you were mad carlise didnt play him because you needed offense. hes just horrible on defense...almost as bad as fisher...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

yea i dunno what you dallas fans saw in him. alot of you were mad carlise didnt play him because you needed offense. hes just horrible on defense...almost as bad as fisher... 
He was really, really good in stretches last year. When he got in a groove he filled it up and got in the paint at will...

This year he looked gun shy and never looked comfortable on the court... Who knows how the foot played into it.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

His defense this year definitely reflects that.

But last year he was really good, he was making a ton of silly fouls, but he was staying in front of his dude, and blocking a bunch of jumpshots.

He shot PHENOMENALLY last year. One of like only two players in NBA history to shoot 50%, 40%, and 80%.

I was at the game where he lit up GS for 40, making nine threes. Dude was absolutely ridiculous.

This year? A dud. He was injured going into the season, we were rolling, and he just never played well when given an opportunity.

Should have probably moved him, but his stock is really low right now, so no point in moving him, just keep on pushing his development over the summer.

[h2]
[h2]Dwight Howard says his preference is to stay with the Orlando Magic and 'start his own path'[/h2]
By Josh Robbins, Orlando Sentinel

9:05 PM EDT, May 30, 2011

Responding to speculation that he wants to jump to a bigger market when he can become a free agent next year, superstar center Dwight Howard indicated Monday that his strong preference is to remain with the Orlando Magic for the long term.

"I'm not trying to run behind nobody like Shaq or be behind somebody else," Howard said, referencing Shaquille O'Neal's decision to leave the Magic following the 1995-96 season and sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I want to start my own path and I want people to follow my path and not just follow somebody else's path. I want to have my own path, and I want to start that here in Orlando. But I can't do it alone. Not only do I need the right teammates, but I need the city behind me. That's the only way it's going to get done. We can change this small city that we have — this small market that we have — and we can make it a big market."

Howard made his comments in a one-on-one interview with the Orlando Sentinel during a free barbecue that he held for fans Monday afternoon at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. Howard came up with the idea for the event around 1 a.m. Monday; one of his goals, he said, was to ease fans' concerns that he might leave the team.

Howard's current contract with the Magic runs through the 2012-13 season. But Howard can terminate the deal one year early and become a free agent during the summer of 2012.

On Monday, Howard stopped short of saying that he will remain with the team for the long haul.

Indeed, Orlando's first-round playoff defeat last month appeared to show that Howard needs a better supporting cast for the Magic to be a true title contender. The early postseason exit reignited speculation that Howard would want to leave the team and join a franchise that boasts another superstar.

But Howard said Monday that he has not told the Magic front office that he has any plans or desire to leave the franchise that drafted him No. 1 overall in 2004.

"As of right now, I'm a part of the Orlando Magic and I plan to be here," Howard said.

"And I want the Magic to do whatever they can to make sure that we can get our city behind us. That's the only thing that I want to happen: just to have the city behind me and the support of our fans. I never said I was leaving. I never, ever thought about leaving. That's basically where my head is right now. I never said anything to them [the Magic] about what my plans were because that's not what I'm focused on right now."

He already has a busy summer planned.

In addition to traveling to Europe and Asia on adidas promotional tours and to Africa to donate a school, Howard said he plans to hire a shooting coach to help him improve his midrange game and his notoriously poor free-throw shooting.

Last year, Howard spent a few days in Texas working on his footwork and low-post moves with former Houston Rockets all-star Hakeem Olajuwon. Howard wants to work with Olajuwon more extensively this summer.

"I just want to become better," Howard said. "I want to win a championship. I just felt bad losing in the first round and I just want to make sure that our team has a chance to win a championship next year."

At least several hundred people, including Magic guard Gilbert Arenas, attended Monday's barbecue, which was publicized only on Twitter.

Howard paid for the food, guests' parking and for supervision by local police officers.

"He does not want to leave Orlando," said Howard's manager, Kevin Samples. "You don't do stuff like this and be ready to go. If you're ready to go, you go ahead and go and start taking meetings and stuff like that. This is home for us. It's been seven years. We want to stay here."
[/h2]
Link

[h1]

[h1]ources: Dwight Howard Working On Extension[/h1][h2]Sources Say Deal All But Signed By Orlando Magic Center Dwight Howard[/h2]

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Magic center Dwight Howard spent the holiday weekend working on signing a two-year extension with the team, sources told Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore late Monday.Sources said the deal is all but signed by Howard.On Monday, Howard held an impromptu Memorial Day party for his Twitter followers and fans."I just got tired of everybody asking me, 'Where am I going to go? Are you going to stay?' Everybody in Orlando is asking me," Howard said. "So it was like, 'You know what? I want everybody to get their minds off something that is not gonna happen.'"If Howard were to sign the extension, he would remain in an Orlando Magic uniform for four more seasons.
[/h1]

Link

I know the Finals start today so Dwight isn't the top focus, but didn't want this to go unnoticed.

That's Huge news. two years is a short extension though. Hard to get players to come when the superstar won't commit. That's a huge reason the cavs couldn't get ron artest, Ariza, Ray allen, etc

But the magic are capped out so it's different

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[h2]
[h2]Dwight Howard says his preference is to stay with the Orlando Magic and 'start his own path'[/h2]
By Josh Robbins, Orlando Sentinel

9:05 PM EDT, May 30, 2011

Responding to speculation that he wants to jump to a bigger market when he can become a free agent next year, superstar center Dwight Howard indicated Monday that his strong preference is to remain with the Orlando Magic for the long term.

"I'm not trying to run behind nobody like Shaq or be behind somebody else," Howard said, referencing Shaquille O'Neal's decision to leave the Magic following the 1995-96 season and sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I want to start my own path and I want people to follow my path and not just follow somebody else's path. I want to have my own path, and I want to start that here in Orlando. But I can't do it alone. Not only do I need the right teammates, but I need the city behind me. That's the only way it's going to get done. We can change this small city that we have — this small market that we have — and we can make it a big market."

Howard made his comments in a one-on-one interview with the Orlando Sentinel during a free barbecue that he held for fans Monday afternoon at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. Howard came up with the idea for the event around 1 a.m. Monday; one of his goals, he said, was to ease fans' concerns that he might leave the team.

Howard's current contract with the Magic runs through the 2012-13 season. But Howard can terminate the deal one year early and become a free agent during the summer of 2012.

On Monday, Howard stopped short of saying that he will remain with the team for the long haul.

Indeed, Orlando's first-round playoff defeat last month appeared to show that Howard needs a better supporting cast for the Magic to be a true title contender. The early postseason exit reignited speculation that Howard would want to leave the team and join a franchise that boasts another superstar.

But Howard said Monday that he has not told the Magic front office that he has any plans or desire to leave the franchise that drafted him No. 1 overall in 2004.

"As of right now, I'm a part of the Orlando Magic and I plan to be here," Howard said.

"And I want the Magic to do whatever they can to make sure that we can get our city behind us. That's the only thing that I want to happen: just to have the city behind me and the support of our fans. I never said I was leaving. I never, ever thought about leaving. That's basically where my head is right now. I never said anything to them [the Magic] about what my plans were because that's not what I'm focused on right now."

He already has a busy summer planned.

In addition to traveling to Europe and Asia on adidas promotional tours and to Africa to donate a school, Howard said he plans to hire a shooting coach to help him improve his midrange game and his notoriously poor free-throw shooting.

Last year, Howard spent a few days in Texas working on his footwork and low-post moves with former Houston Rockets all-star Hakeem Olajuwon. Howard wants to work with Olajuwon more extensively this summer.

"I just want to become better," Howard said. "I want to win a championship. I just felt bad losing in the first round and I just want to make sure that our team has a chance to win a championship next year."

At least several hundred people, including Magic guard Gilbert Arenas, attended Monday's barbecue, which was publicized only on Twitter.

Howard paid for the food, guests' parking and for supervision by local police officers.

"He does not want to leave Orlando," said Howard's manager, Kevin Samples. "You don't do stuff like this and be ready to go. If you're ready to go, you go ahead and go and start taking meetings and stuff like that. This is home for us. It's been seven years. We want to stay here."
[/h2]

Can someone post that Lebron story "I want to win with the Cavs" from back in the day?  Thanks......

laugh.gif

Yeah... that's obviously a key, but that's just dumb as a player to put yourself in that kind of position without the organization making the necessary moves.

The article should show Dwight's desire to stay in Orlando, throwing an impromptu barbecue for fans on Memorial Day isn't the actions of someone who is plotting their exodus as soon as possible. I think Dwight cares less about the big stage and spotlight than people claim, he's already getting movie roles, sponsorships, commercials, everything from Orlando, and he's constantly shown he likes Orlando. Unfortunately for Orlando, their inability to put a supporting cast around him is what should force him to leave, not other factors. More than Shaq wanting LA and the spotlight, more than Melo wanting to "go home" and get his money, Dwight seems to be about the basketball and winning is his primary focus.

Broussard repeated what I said a while ago. That LA simply doesn't have the same leverage as the knicks did with Melo because the knicks had the cap room to sign Melo in the off season.

To me the biggest strike against us is Shaq.  Dwight would be full on admitting to being a stalker to go to LA. 

The flip side of that is that he could win a title the second he goes to LA if Kobe and Pau are still there.  He won't be winning in ORLD any time soon.  There is no other way to slice that up.  Even if CP3 were to get to Orlando, the 2 of them alone can't do anything, and they don't have the resources to make it a 3 guy type team. 

So winning wise, we have the leverage.  Just up to Dwight. 

Back
Top Bottom