OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by NobleKane

when are you going to admit the dallas defense is overrated?
When someone shows us that our defense IS overrated.

So far? Ain't seen it.
the thunder averaged 102 ppg the last series. but ofcourse you didnt see that right?

still waiting on all star tyson chandler to sh0w me this defense thats made him all star worthy..
Game 5: 96 points, 21 points off free throws, 43%.
Game 4: 105 points, 19 points off free throws, 47%, 20 offensive rebounds.
Game 3: 87 points, 32 points off free throws, 36%.
Game 2: 106 points, 23 points off free throws, 56% (their only win).
Game 1: 112 points, 37 points off free throws, 47%.

Limiting the highest scoring team 45% shooting?
Limiting their two highest scorers to 43% (Durant), and 36% (Westbrook)?

That's what I saw. You didn't see it because you're too blinded by boxscores. They can score 102 PPG all they want, if we're limiting Durant and Westbrook to 43% and 36%? That's a fine defensive job, I'd say. They had 26 points off free throws against us, that's 76 points off of regular shots. Fine with me.

James Harden had a great series because had had Jason Terry on him. Who's Jason Terry going to be guarding in the finals? Fellow 'Zona alum Mike Bibby? Mario Chalmers? That's fine with me, it ain't James Harden.

Try watching the games instead of going off boxscores buddy. We sent them to the line a crapload the entire series. Whatever, it worked, we won four out of five. Guys like James Harden and Nick Collison boosted up their FG% because the emphasis was on Westbrook and Durant, freeing up those two to get off, get easy buckets, but it worked right?

Same with Miami, a heavy emphasis will be placed on containing those two. Let the rest of the guys get what they will, we'll live with it. Bosh gets 20-25? That's James Harden, and Tyson will be on him, so I don't know if he'll get that free. But then again Tyson is overrated.

And I'd even go as far to say that Russell was a harder match-up for than Wade would be. Wade is the better player, absolutely, but Wade was not that good against Chicago. That match-up is much more workable than Russell Westbrook, who's lightning fast. Wade is stronger, but that's fine for Stevenson/Kidd.

How many players on each team did they have to lock down in order for them to win? In Philly? You don't have to stop anyone, they'll still win. In Boston? You stopped Pierce, easily won. You stop Rose, that team isn't going to win jack****.
laugh.gif

Dirk goes 7/21 against the highest offensive firepower in the Playoffs? We win by 6, limit them to 87 points.
Limited to just 40% shooting against the Blazers? Won by 11.

You're right though, Tyson is an overrated defender.

I mean, the guy allowed 21 points against Bynum, allowing him to shoot 56%.
30t6p3b.gif
And then 18 points another game, 73%! 73!!!!
Then he allowed 20 PPG and 46% shooting against LMA. What a fricking bum.
He also allowed bummy Nick Collison to shoot 73%!

He's so overrated.
30t6p3b.gif

J.R. Smith was recently cited for operating a scooter without a valid drivers' licence in Miami.
A picture of Smith and the police immediately hit the web, leading to speculation that he was being arrested, but this is obviously a benign infraction. This will be an interesting summer for Smith, who becomes an unrestricted FA.

roll.gif

Chandler pretty much just fills a void. That's still important, but his main job is to eat up space, get his hands up, and try to be a nuisance to anyone in the paint.

Bosh will pull Chandler away from the paint allowing Wade and bron to attack the rim.

If Noah couldn't really handle Bosh, I'm not sure that Chandler can do much better.

Yeah, Noah is a far better defender and Bosh made that interior look foolish two times too many. Chandler and Haywood don't really have a chance of doing better especially if Bosh perimeter game sis going

Mavs defense isn't overrated but their D is in no way comparable to MIA, CHI, or BOS. Mavs get the necessary stops most games, not lock down D.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

Bosh will pull Chandler away from the paint allowing Wade and bron to attack the rim.

If Noah couldn't really handle Bosh, I'm not sure that Chandler can do much better.

Why is chandler guarding Bosh?  I think Dirk can handle him; Bosh is weaker than Gasol.

You're right though, Tyson is an overrated defender.

He's so overrated.
30t6p3b.gif

finally you agree.

its not just you though even the media is giving these guys way too much credit on the defensive end.

cant wait for the finals
pimp.gif

big bron finally gonna get that ring

Bosh is weaker than Gasol
not emo gasol and that was what we saw against the mavs. emo gasol.

playoff bosh>playoff gasol this year.

Go read my previous post on page 1053, dummy.

You have no validity.

Still waiting to hear how our defense is overrated.

Dude hates on the mavs in every single thread , the fact that they DESTROYED the Lakers makes u look extra salty and bitter . Just give it up and SHUT THE %$@% UP . The mavs are in the finals play the background b
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

the fact that they DESTROYED the Lakers makes u look extra salty and bitter . 

well no @*@$ captain obvious
laugh.gif

am i supposed to be happy the swept my team? %$+$ to the no!

Cool , the fact that u give 0 credit and act like they aren't $&!# just basically says that you feel that your team really sucks . You have to give credit where credit is do and if Dallas actually wins it all your gonna look really foolish

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Cool , the fact that u give 0 credit and act like they aren't $&!# just basically says that you feel that your team really sucks . You have to give credit where credit is do and if Dallas actually wins it all your gonna look really foolish
yes that is the plan
laugh.gif

but dude..... look at it from my point of view. the lakers won the last 2 titles running through the west in fairly easy fashion. all of a sudden they start playing like trash. they struggle with new orleans. and get swept by dallas. i give credit to dallas offense and dirk but not the defense. i saw the lakers miss open look after open look. i saw kobe take jump shot after jumpshot looking like a snail out there. pau gasol playing like kwame brown... no defense whatsoever being played by them.

it had alot to do with the lakers sucking #$@...

I'm just ready to hear how great the Mavs are without Caron Butler. They made it to the NBA Finals without him so no way they are a better team with him on the court....

They came together as a team and their defense improved without him. You would think they would just be willing to let him go easily in the off-season. What ya think?

Personally? I want him hear at all costs.

DeShawn will be gone, an that's probably a good thing, but we just don't have very many defensive minded bodies without Caron and we need as many two way players as we can get.

Signing Tyson will be priority #1 in the off-season, Caron will be #2. Beaubois isn't ready to step into the starting two-guard role, Stevenson gone, we going to have Brewer start next year?
sick.gif
I don't want to see DeShawn-esque guy starting anymore, unless we got a guy like Caron in the starting line-up that can put up 20 on a given night.

If we don't re-sign Caron, we may have to go after someone like JR Smith... Don't want.

We really have to see what the CBA will be like before we talk about re-signing guys though, it's a really hard time for players who are about to become UFAs, because no one knows what their future may be.

Bottom-line, I want him back.

You can say it's my homerism talking, but we were damn near unstoppable when he was healthy with Dirk. We were ROLLING early in the season before him and Dirk went down, then we went through a rough time, struggling to try and replace him. I still think we can contend in the West next year if we have a healthy Caron with Jet/Barea/Marion/Wood being our other role players. I really like that rotation.

Also, he's been nothing but a positive attitude for us since coming here, his work ethic just to try and get back to the Playoffs has been ridiculous. You just can't control how fast your tissues heal. I believe it's still very well conditioned though.

Beaubois isn't ready to step into the starting two-guard role, Stevenson gone, we going to have Brewer start next year?
sick.gif

Wait why wouldn't Beaubois start or be ready to start?

Lebron going to ANY TEAM that would've gave him the opportunity to play along another top 3 player and a all-star would have been his best career choice basketball wise . If Toronto would've had the cap room and the Heat didn't all three would be playing there. It has nothing to do with Miami

Back
Top Bottom