OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

"that's the sound that all of Charles barkley's rings make when he throws them on the table"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

"that's the sound that all of Charles barkley's rings make when he throws them on the table"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Coach Thibs looks like a butcher
roll.gif

"Uno!"
roll.gif

When something isn't right, what's the word? BULL!
roll.gif
 *tears* Noah got lice

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
D.L is that dude

" How many shots did Rose hit on LeBron the whole series??  UNO!!! "

" Miami rooting against a Cuban "

" You've got a brewer, a boozer, and a Rose', is this a basketball team or an AA meeting "
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I might have to cheer for the Heat to win the Finals just to hear another LeBatard rant.
laugh.gif

messing around if the put the amnesty clause back in place figure the cuts would go something like this

ATL-we would say Joe johnson but since if i rememeber you can resign the player cheaper down the line im go with marvin williams
Boston- zero idea to tell you the truth. if sheed is still on the books its proably him
bobcats-Tyrus Thomas
Bulls-Boozer
cavs-baron Davis
dallas-Haywood
Denver-harrington
Detroit-Rip,Charlie V and ben Gordon all have bad contracts so who knows
golden state-That bum that plays center
houston-Thabeet?
Pacers-should be granger but im go with posey
clippers- Mo williams(this bum is getting almost 26 million over the next 3 years)
lakers-luke or artest.
Memphis- ????
Heat-Mike Miller
Bucks- Hell take your pick
laugh.gif

T'wolves-flynn,webster or darko?
nets-Travis outlaw
Hornets-okafor?
Knicks-???
OKC-Thabo?
magic-Agent zero
76ers-Elton Brand
suns-childress
Portland-Brandon Roy
kings-Beno
spurs-Richard jefferson
Raptors-Calderon
Utah-???
wiz-lewis

i think last time only teams that was over the cap could cut 1 player. but im sure if there going to drop the salary cap almost in half they will allow every team to cut a player hell maybe even to. rememeber they would still get paided there salary it just wont show for each teams Cap number

Zach Lowe wrote about the topic a few weeks ago.
Who would be waived with amnesty clause?

Details of the league’s proposal for a new collective bargaining agreement are dribbling out. Most of them are pretty much as expected — a hard cap, a ban on fully guaranteed salaries, a watered-down version of the NFL’s “franchise tag

If they're gonna cut the salary cap like they're talking about they'll have to let it run off the cap this time, not just the luxury tax...

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

So you still have to pay the player exactly what they are owed, but basically under the table?
The last time the NBA allowed this (2005) the players were paid their money and their contracts were still on the books. Teams did this to avoid paying the luxury tax.

Like Nowitness said, they're going to have to take the contract off the books entirely to make it work (if there's a hard cap) to go along with roll backs in salaries.

^That trade would be REALLY interesting if it happened.

Cavs would end up with Kyrie and DWill.
Wolves with the #4 and #8 picks.
Pistons would get to dump Rip and his 14 mil.
Bulls maybe end up with Rip?

Could get interesting.

dland, is that what the proposed trade is?
nerd.gif

That works for me if I'm Minnesota and the Cavs, but I don't know about the Pistons.

Screw Rubio, trade him+Beasley for Iguodala+JJ Redick+Duhon in a three way, then draft Kemba and Enes.

Kemba
JJ
Iggy
Love
Enes

laugh.gif

He'll start next year though for ORL....
nerd.gif

They ain't bringing back Jason, who they gonna have start instead? Gil? Barf.

Looking at the possible players to cut for amnesty I always figured we extended Chompsy so we could trade him. Balkman has like 3 years on his contract so I'd think we cut him not Turiaf.

Good move for the Cavs if they end up with the first two picks going with Irving and Williams.

I don't see how the Bulls end up with Rip though. I mean depending on what they give up that's just another bad contract on their books.

NVM  now I'm readomg the Cavs get Rip.

I assume they would pick up Rip if he gets bought out, not try to take on his current deal.

i wanna know what Pistons are doing in that deal. I know Cavs have a TE but they are getting the 2nd pick so ummm yea

Rashard would be a good choice for a cut. And J-Rich to the Bulls work? He take a pay cut to play there?

Yeah I can see JRich getting bought out and going somewhere for cheap before Rip. I doubt Rip gets bought out. He refused it in DET. I think he'll just refuse to retire and just get his money. If they use this amnesty clause on him he'll probably be looking for money close to his contract or just get paid not playing.

Back
Top Bottom