OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Inb4 CP reminds us about what he said about Boozer in the playoffs 
pimp.gif

Pretty sure I'll never have to bring this up again, the world knows now. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CP knew what I knew about that clown.  "WE OUT CP" "ONE TIME OG, ONE TIME"

Scottie Pippen needs to sit the @*%@ down. If all he can say is that MJ is the greatest scorer I'm questioning his IQ. We're talking about a guard that won DPOY awards smh.

Congrats to the Heat LeBron is rolling right now. D Wade is clearly injured and LeBron is carrying them right now. Still don't want to see them win it all. Hopefully, Dallas can put an end to this +@$+.

soooooo is boozer's contract almost as bad as elton brand's (considering brand only has 2 more years left on his)?

boozer's remaining contract, starting next year:

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

soooooo is boozer's contract almost as bad as elton brand's (considering brand only has 2 more years left on his)?

boozer's remaining contract, starting next year:
"YEAH ITSABOUTTHATTIME"

On a serious note, yes.  Boozer is so injury prone that he's not going to play a majority of the games and he can't defend his position. 

Nuggets fans: what's your honest assessment of JR Smith? Is he someone who can flourish with a change of scenery/different personnel? Or will he forever be somewhat of a headcase?

Originally Posted by CP1708

My prediction.  I went against Dallas all 3 series, and against Miami just once.  I see no reason to start pickin Dallas now.  Miami takes games 1, 2, 4 and 6 to win the title.  Part of my issue is in the 4th, Miami will go with Wade/Bron/Bosh/Miller/Haslem so who would the Mavs stick JJ Barea on?  He can't guard any of those guys.  When Bibby or Chalmers is in he can play, but against this lineup (as Allen has said all year, their best lineup) JJ can't play those guys.  Hell Terry will have trouble vs that lineup.  Dallas's best chance is Miller and Haslem not having enough juice yet, but every day those 2 should be getting stronger.  Dirk will do Dirk things, I expect him to be ridiculous in this series, I just don't think he'll have enough help, the same ol same ol. 
I agree with Barea having issues but Terry? He's big enough they can put him on Miller in that lineup and go with it... It ain't like this is Mike Miller from years past... There's times dude looks like he can't move. Their rotations are gonna have to be sharp and fast, but that's not a nightmare situation for the Mavs, I don't think...

Kidd on Wade, Marion on Bron, Dirk on Haslem, Chandler on Bosh... If Mike Miller beats me, so be it.

Kidd deserves a TON of credit for what he's done against Kobe and Durant down the stretch of games this postseason... He's been ridiculously good. And now he's got another week worth of rest going into this series. He'll see Wade a lot late in games.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Nuggets fans: what's your honest assessment of JR Smith? Is he someone who can flourish with a change of scenery/different personnel? Or will he forever be somewhat of a headcase?

JR is a beast but he has an extremely low basketball IQ.  GK IMO blamed him for way too much of the team's problems and I think he would do awesome with a change of scenery but he needs a coach that is a disciplinarian yet doesn't through him under the bus. 

^Boozer: "Gimme that check!"

Should the Mavs really consider bringing back Caron? If so he needs to be on the bench. He can't start.

No. They need to leave Caron where he's been for months and go with what got them here...

I could see Caron getting some minutes off the bench with the second unit, but I definitely wouldnt worry about him starting or anything. But him against Mike Miller wouldnt be bad for 12mins a game.

Originally Posted by aepps20

JR is a beast but he has an extremely low basketball IQ.  GK IMO blamed him for way too much of the team's problems and I think he would do awesome with a change of scenery but he needs a coach that is a disciplinarian yet doesn't through him under the bus. 
Thanks..just wondering how he'd fit in as a Bull.  Thibs has kept any internal issues in-house...aka Booz and his lack of defense/why he's sitting out, etc.

I think JR would be a good fit for the Bulls.

Give them a scoring 2 guard they desperately need, and I think Coach Thibs would be able to keep him in check.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 @ Pippen's comments about LeBron, as if people needed anymore reason to hate LeBron.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I think JR would be a good fit for the Bulls.

Give them a scoring 2 guard they desperately need, and I think Coach Thibs would be able to keep him in check.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 @ Pippen's comments about LeBron, as if people needed anymore reason to hate LeBron.
If the GarPax does get him, I'd expect vets like Deng to help JR focus as well as Thibs.  I think Thibs and GK are very different in the way they handle any internal issues.

Thanks..just wondering how he'd fit in as a Bull.  Thibs has kept any internal issues in-house...aka Booz and his lack of defense/why he's sitting out, etc.
Not to mention JR is a very underrated defender.  He would be a great fit in Chicago, Thibs would just have to give him freedom on the offensive end and he will buy into the defensive scheme.

I literally stopped watching the game  last night when the Bulls were up 12, go to 
pimp.gif
with my boys come back and there's 30 something seconds left and Miami is up I'm straight 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Once Miami wins this all, can't wait for all the salty haters who are going to be scrapping for lame $$% excuses to discredit Bron and Co.
laugh.gif

Not to mention JR is a very underrated defender.  He would be a great fit in Chicago, Thibs would just have to give him freedom on the offensive end and he will buy into the defensive scheme.

I'd like to see JR stay in DEN but a real coach would help him get to that next level.

The athleticism of a Rose/JR backcourt
sick.gif

That's typically Thibs' philosophy this season...buy into the defensive system and you'll get more freedom on the offensive end.  Well, we'll see what happens but I've always thought JR would fit in well under the right circumstances, and I think now those circumstances are in a good state.

Originally Posted by Executive76

I'd like to see JR stay in DEN but a real coach would help him get to that next level.

The athleticism of a Rose/JR backcourt
sick.gif
I'd love for JR to stay here but we both know that Stan K has decided to hitch his wagon to GK and GK is a terrible coach. 

That's typically Thibs' philosophy this season...buy into the defensive system and you'll get more freedom on the offensive end.  Well, we'll see what happens but I've always thought JR would fit in well under the right circumstances, and I think now those circumstances are in a good state.
I agree 100%.  JR isn't nearly the headcase that people think he is.  Does he make dumb plays?  Yes, but Chauncey made more terrible plays in his last two years here than JR did.  GK does not run a structured offense and he'll quickly throw players like JR under the bus to divert attention from his poor coaching every time.  I believe that if JR was in an offense that ran real plays rather than trying to outrun guys down the court every time, he would be terrific.

"Kevin McHale is the new head coach of the Rockets! This is the greatest day in the history of Houston since Kenny Rogers was born in 1938.:  -Fake Bill Walton tweet

Originally Posted by PMatic

Well if there's an amnesty clause in the next CBA, we'll know who the Blazers want to waive.
The $68 million question is apparently about to get a new answer. Which is only to say that the Trail Blazers Inc. brain trust wants to float a new notion for Brandon Roy.

It's this: Retirement, old pal?

I hope they duck when they ask him.

A source familiar with the situation said Thursday that Portland figures it must deal with Roy's future if it's truly going to rejoin the league's contenders. Retirement for Roy is among the options they're considering.
Link

so is it pretty much a lock that there will be an amnesty clause?

Back
Top Bottom