OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

rose and Russy better be shooting jumpers all day in santa monica this summer
They both need to learn how to become better passers. Becoming better shooters will just put it in their head that they should be shooting more and they really shouldn't.

As annoying as Chicago fans have been, especially when it comes to their fraudulent MVP and as much as I think this is their deserving and rightful end Derrick did not choke, they are not chokers, they simply got outplayed by a more talented team, I said this before there offense is not good enough and what one earth can D.Rose do when he's being guarded by a 6-8 freak of nature.

He will figure it out, he learn and improve I'm sure.

As far as the next series goes.

In the turnover era of basketball ('77 onwards) only three guys have ever one a chip without a 2nd legit elite all star HOF type guy. Duncan. Hakeem. Walton. All those guys are centers who anchored elite defenses, the mavs defense is NOT that good, the questions is Dirk that good? Is he better? because he's going to have to be. I love him and he's one of my favorite players but I'm don't think so. I simply refuse to believe that anyone can win a chip with Jason Terry as your second option.

Heat in 6.

2447826030_82f4692fce.jpg

Can't wait.

Joakim, "they're good, they're Hollywood is hell, but they're good."

roll.gif

And yep, Rose/Russ need to get that FG% UP.

As annoying as Chicago fans have been, especially when it comes to their fraudulent MVP and as much as I think this is their deserving and rightful end Derrick did not choke, they are not chokers, they simply got outplayed by a more talented team, I said this before there offense is not good enough and what one earth can D.Rose do when he's being guarded by a 6-8 freak of nature.

He will figure it out, he learn and improve I'm sure.

As far as the next series goes.

In the turnover era of basketball ('77 onwards) only three guys have ever one a chip without a 2nd legit elite all star HOF type guy. Duncan. Hakeem. Walton. All those guys are centers who anchored elite defenses, the mavs defense is NOT that good, the questions is Dirk that good? Is he better? because he's going to have to be. I love him and he's one of my favorite players but I'm don't think so. I simply refuse to believe that anyone can win a chip with Jason Terry as your second option.

Heat in 6.

That Miami/Bulls thread is
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't know why people are saying they got expose. We knew they had problems scoring all season. The only reason they had the top seed was because of defense and in this series there defense kept them in games but you need at least 2 players that can score.

And finally no matter what young does not win in this league.

Originally Posted by PMatic

2447826030_82f4692fce.jpg

Can't wait.
Thought about that the other day...
That alone will be worth tuning 

Lebron rocking the Liverpool jacket at the press conference.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Joakim, "they're good, they're Hollywood is hell, but they're good."

roll.gif

And yep, Rose/Russ need to get that FG% UP.

I watch that interview when he said that.
laugh.gif

He really isn't lying though.

Mavs/Heat, let's go.
devil.gif

I think 97% of the basketball world are rooting for the Mavs.
laugh.gif

Well if there's an amnesty clause in the next CBA, we'll know who the Blazers want to waive.
The $68 million question is apparently about to get a new answer. Which is only to say that the Trail Blazers Inc. brain trust wants to float a new notion for Brandon Roy.

It's this: Retirement, old pal?

I hope they duck when they ask him.

A source familiar with the situation said Thursday that Portland figures it must deal with Roy's future if it's truly going to rejoin the league's contenders. Retirement for Roy is among the options they're considering.
Link

Originally Posted by DubA169

so we gonna pretend the mavs have a shot?
They beat the Lakers, and Mavs road to the Finals was much harder than the Heat was. I'd say Mavs were the favorites to win this series, but then I'd be lying.
Also what do you guys think the next step for the Bulls is now?

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Originally Posted by DubA169

so we gonna pretend the mavs have a shot?
They beat the Lakers, and Mavs road to the Finals was much harder than the Heat was. I'd say Mavs were the favorites to win this series, but then I'd be lying.
Also what do you guys think the next step for the Bulls is now?
Get a legitimate perimeter threat and floor spacing big to help open the floor for Rose. Also hope to hell Rose and Boozer can develop chemistry in pick and roll/pop plays.

^ Yeah those are two good positions that need filling. Also I think they need a legit backup SF, they like to sometimes throw out Brewer/Korver who are neither really a SF and are defense/offense.

I think they should take a chance on T-Mac who can bring the ball up and create plays when Rose is out or even when he is in.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I think they should take a chance on T-Mac who can bring the ball up and create plays when Rose is out or even when he is in.
laugh.gif
Watch out for those Bulls fans. Every time I brought up trading for T-Mac this season, they would get
mad.gif
@ me. 

Congrats to the Heat. Should be a great Finals.

Hope Roy gets traded to a good team. No reason for me to think he'll ever be a 100% again or that he'll return to his old form but after his perfromance off the bench in the playoffs I can't help but think he can transform in to a Grant Hill type and be a great addition to a playoff team on the cusp and I'm rarely optimistic on seriously injured or often injured players.

I like DRose and Thibbs but I'm not a fan of guys like JOKEim Noah or Loozer. These guys talk way more than their talent allows. Boozer was a fraud in Utah and he spent more time saying "GIMMIE DAT SHOT DOC" to the doctors in the training room than he did playing.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'm calling out all of you who gave KD hell and don't have %+%+ to say about Rose right now...

Who are u? His big brother?
Edit
I'm trying to keep this name for a quick minute.

Yes, I'm his big brother sir.

So Scotie just said that Mike is the best scorer ever, Lebron might be the best player ever.............

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  And people wonder why folks step out on Lebron sometimes. 

OKC and Chi.....wow.  Can't say I ever remember seeing two series like this before.  We could EASILY be looking at OKC and Chi up 3-2 right now, instead they folded like a deck of cards.  This to me is definition of kids needing to simply learn this lesson and use it as fuel later in their careers.  They may have gotten a little ahead of themselves this season and with another year of seasoning, we'll see if they can make another run on more solid footing. 

I give Lebron props, he's playing great late right now.  He's stepping up.  And if he plays on Dirk to close games and get wins in this series, people gonna start co-signing Scottie and rapture will ensue. 
laugh.gif
  I'm actually looking forward to seeing if he does in fact play on Dirk in the final 5 minutes of games.  That will be epic. 

Either way, an elite will get his first ring in this series. 

My prediction.  I went against Dallas all 3 series, and against Miami just once.  I see no reason to start pickin Dallas now.  Miami takes games 1, 2, 4 and 6 to win the title.  Part of my issue is in the 4th, Miami will go with Wade/Bron/Bosh/Miller/Haslem so who would the Mavs stick JJ Barea on?  He can't guard any of those guys.  When Bibby or Chalmers is in he can play, but against this lineup (as Allen has said all year, their best lineup) JJ can't play those guys.  Hell Terry will have trouble vs that lineup.  Dallas's best chance is Miller and Haslem not having enough juice yet, but every day those 2 should be getting stronger.  Dirk will do Dirk things, I expect him to be ridiculous in this series, I just don't think he'll have enough help, the same ol same ol. 

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Inb4 CP reminds us about what he said about Boozer in the playoffs 
pimp.gif

Pretty sure I'll never have to bring this up again, the world knows now. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom