OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by CP1708

The flip side of that is that he could win a title the second he goes to LA if Kobe and Pau are still there. 
Tap the brakes...

Good to see a superstar wanting to stay. 
pimp.gif

I'd still head west if I were him though.
laugh.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
The flip side of that is that he could win a title the second he goes to LA if Kobe and Pau are still there. 

Tap the brakes...

laugh.gif
 a month ago you wouldn't have said that. 

They ran outta gas, they get a real offseason this year, they come back for one more run. 

Look at Boston the year KG was hurt, people thought their run was over too after losing in round 2, and they were a solid 6 minutes away from another title the next year.  Same thing here. 
Even as assembled, we're younger than Boston was last year.  And I'm sorry, but Dwight, Pau, and Kobe as the main 3 would easily be as formiddable in the West as any body.  Provided 2010 Pau is who we're talkin about.    

I hate that even if we do win the Finals this year, the headlines will be about "What the Heat did wrong, how they lost it."

It's going to happen.

It happened when we beat the Lakers, and you can say it had a lot to do with the sweep, but still.

It really is sick watching ESPN and whatnot and seeing how "LeBron, Wade, and Bosh overcame adversity, now they have to win it all in the Finals."

Dudes don't HAVE to win the Finals. I kind of wish we WERE playing the Hawks just so we could get some media love.
laugh.gif

But whatever, G1 tonight, let's get ready to rumble.
pimp.gif

At the expense of Bynum/LO... Does Dwight make them a title contender with Mike Brown at the reigns?

A thin bench is even more thin and they lose their biggest advantage with the size they give up to get Dwight...

They're not immediately the best team out West with that deal, IMO... In the hunt? Sure. But favorites the second he got there? Not for anybody that doesn't buy into the hype.

You're still complaining about the Mavs lack of respect, JA?

Every team in the league would trade places with Dallas if they could... if you win, who cares if the media says "Miami lost, rather than Dallas winning"... a championship is a championship no matter what people say.

who gives a **$# about the heat getting the headlines. i promise you will be too happy to care.

When the Giants beat the Pats I didn't care that everything was about Brady and the ruined perfect season. The media's love is artificial and meaningless

If Dwight's serious his only chance is DWill leaving for ORL. This does remind me of LeBron when he was basically telling the Cavs to do something to get me real quality teammates and they just get bums.

Plus there's already a lot of bums in ORL, so they'd also have to make quite a few moves to make Dwight happy.

There's no doubt the Lakers are chip contenders every year Dwight is there. You can't play that let Dwight get his strategy and as it stands now nobody can guard him so prepare to be in early foul trouble every quarter. Once Kobe sees that he's going ham.

Dwight Howard is not going to LA. The Lakers are not entitled to every dominant big man every 10 years
laugh.gif
I believe he will stay in Orlando

Im not going to pay much attention to all these Dwight stories, whether he's staying or teams he might be going to. Way too early to tell & if history tells us anything, nothing they say really holds true up until they actually do something.
nerd.gif

As much as I'd like to see it happen Dwight won't end up in LA. Getting a PG and more bench players should me Mitch's #1 priority this summer.

Originally Posted by DubA169

That LA simply doesn't have the same leverage as the knicks did with Melo because the knicks had the cap room to sign Melo in the off season.

this.. plus, even when this was initially reported it said he would go to 5 teams.. melo gave denver 1 option

and if i'm orlando, i'm trading him to the team that can give me 4 things in a howard trade
1) young stud
2) expiring contracts
3) take back at least turk's contract
and 4) draft picks

I'll feel sorry for Dwight if it's his decision to stay and he ends up like T-Mac/Vince or better comparison to KG during his Minny days. I'll assume all of that is just to convince the fans and himself a little.

Until Dwight signs a long term contract, I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Just gunna have to wait and see til next offseason.

Don't ask for links here man, hell is wrong with you gonna get this #+@+ locked.

Henz/Nas,

Spoiler [+]
BYU's Jimmer Fredette is still the most hotly debated name in the draft. Despite an amazing season at BYU and excellent athletic testing numbers at the Chicago pre-draft combine, no one is certain where he'll go in the draft.

The two most obvious destinations -- Utah and Phoenix -- are still possibilities. But neither the Jazz nor the Suns are a lock to take Jimmer.

The Jazz are seriously looking at Kentucky's Brandon Knight and UConn's Kemba Walker with the No. 3 pick in the draft. If they take either player, it's highly unlikely they'd draft Fredette at No. 12. If they decide to go with someone like Enes Kanter or Jan Vesely at No. 3, then Fredette will be in play at No. 12, according to sources.

As we first reported two weekends ago, Jazz personnel are flying to Chicago June 3 to do a two-day meet-and-greet and workout with Kanter. If that goes really well, Jimmer moves more into the Jazz's picture at No. 12. If it doesn't, they're going to have to fall in love with Jonas Valanciunas or Vesely (and I don't think they're in love with either player) for them to pass on Knight and Walker.

The Suns also like Jimmer, and with Steve Nash rolling into the last year of his deal -- and with backup Aaron Brooks far from a lock to replace him -- Fredette fits a need and his style of play fits well with Alvin Gentry's system.

However, Phoenix Suns president Lon Babby has been emphasizing defense this summer, and I got an earful about it from Babby in the lobby of the Westin in Chicago last week. Given the major question marks surrounding Fredette's defensive abilities, he may not be as snug of a fit as I had thought. While Babby didn't rule out taking Fredette at 13, he didn't sound like a man whose heart was set on taking him.

If Fredette slides past the Jazz and Suns, where will he land? He might have a better idea this week after workouts with the Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks.

Fredette worked out in Indiana on Tuesday against Duke's Nolan Smith. The Pacers also got a look at Marcus Morris, Tobias Harris, Jeremy Tyler and Vernon Macklin on Tuesday -- but all eyes were on Fredette. Fredette nailed his interview with Indiana last week in Chicago, and Pacers GM Larry Bird is a fan.

The word out of Indiana on Tuesday was that Fredette looked great in the workout. And despite the addition of Darren Collison last summer, Fredette does fit a need. On the checklist of areas the Pacers want to upgrade this summer, getting a scorer who can create his own shot is a major item. Fredette's unlimited range, nasty crossover and ability to shoot off the dribble are all proved. If he has a great workout, Indiana could be his floor.

On Thursday, Fredette rolls into the Big Apple for a workout against Washington State's Klay Thompson and Providence's Marshon Brooks. Fredette and Brooks were the two best scorers in college basketball last season, and Thompson wasn't far behind. The Knicks want to see them matched up head-to-head.

The Knicks passed on a chance to promise they'd pick Fredette last year before he opted to return to school and have privately told me they regret it. Would they pass on a chance to draft him again? Fredette fits the mold of a Mike D'Antoni point guard. His shooting ability, high basketball IQ and confidence are big points in his favor for D'Antoni. The fact that he's a New York native and has a ton of swagger and some celebrity can't hurt, either.

While the Knicks have been looking for a big man, they don't have to land one in the draft. The team is still looking for a long-term replacement for Chauncey Billups (who is in the last year of his contract) and definitely needs help at the 2. Whether there are enough shots to go around on a team that already has Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Billups (and to a lesser extent Toney Douglas) firing away at will is another question, but a great workout for Fredette could also set his floor here.

More draft notes

• The Knicks' Fredette-Thompson-Brooks workout should be very interesting. Brooks is bigger, much longer and a more explosive athlete. However, he doesn't have Fredette's unlimited range or his craftiness. Thompson is a nice blend of both Fredette and Brooks.

Brooks and Thompson could be the types of player who give Jimmer problems. The Knicks have been looking for a shooter and if Thompson is still on the board, he may be hard to pass up. Someone in the Knicks' organization has compared him to Allan Houston. That's high praise.

If Fredette stumbles in the workout, or if he's off the board when the Knicks pick at No. 17, Brooks could be a prime candidate for them. While a number of teams didn't hop on the Brooks bandwagon until recently, the Knick have liked him for a while. The team still wants to add star power to its roster and feels that Brooks is one of the few players who, given its draft position, could fit the bill (Kansas' Josh Selby is another).

• The Jazz won't be the only team getting a look at Kanter in the coming weeks -- though they will be the first. Kanter also has meetings scheduled with the Toronto Raptors in Chicago on the 6th, and then will make visits to the Cleveland Cavaliers (6/7) and Minnesota Timberwolves (6/17) in the coming weeks, agent Max Ergul told ESPN Insider.

• The Celtics have a really interesting workout Wednesday. Richmond's Justin Harper, Wisconsin's Jon Leuer, VCU's Jamie Skeen and Butler's Matt Howard are all in the same workout. All four of those power forwards can really stroke the basketball. You think the Celtics might be in the market for a stretch 4?

• One guy you won't be reading about for the next week or two is Boston College's Reggie Jackson. Jackson didn't show to the Chicago pre-draft combine citing an injury. He hasn't worked out for anyone since, prompting speculation that he might have a promise from a team to be drafted.

In recent weeks, speculation on the internet has swirled around the Celtics and Nets as the teams that gave him promises. Not true according to both the teams and a source close to Jackson.

Jackson has a legit injury. He had a minor procedure on his knee on May 17th (the day after school ended), a source close to Jackson tells me. Jackson is currently rehabbing and should be ready for workouts on the second week of June. Once he's cleared to workout, he'll have a pretty full schedule. A number of teams, starting with the Pacers at No. 15, the Knicks at No. 17 and the Bobcats at No. 19 are fans of Jackson. And it's hard to see him slipping past the Miami Heat at No. 31.

Originally Posted by Proshares

The Knicks passed on a chance to promise they'd pick Fredette last year before he opted to return to school and have privately told me they regret it.
Do you know how much that hurts me? Thanks LeBroshares.

Back
Top Bottom