OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

This is what happens when you let Jim Buss have control over basketball operations.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I don't think it was a terrible hire, but imo Mike Brown doesn't have the stature/resume to be head coach of the Lakers, which is probably the most recognized and prestigious basketball coaching job in the world.

cc125c562ac116b25d1f5e1c26c0e1a9eb47388.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Congrats to Kobe on the head coaching job.

Welcome (not really) to our new assistant coach:

Potato_23.gif

Three Team 9 Player Trade Rumor (TOR,IND,MEM)
Rumblings of trade rumours are coming out of the NBA for those teams now out of the post season. The news could get much more real for teams like the Pacers, Grizzlies and Raptors as a proposed 9 player trade could take place. Although just rumours one source has stated GM’s of these teams have been in heavy talks. This proposed trade works out on paper with the required salaries balancing out and beneficial to all. This could be much more than a rumour!

This idea out of the woodworks has put forth a 3 team proposal involving the Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies and the Toronto Raptors. 9 players will be changing cities if the rumoured trade goes down.

The trade breaks down as follows;
To Indiana we would see OJ Mayo from Memphis, a player the Pacers have previously tried to trade for during the trade deadline as well as Xavier Henry the 12th pick of the 2010 draft. The Toronto Raptors would send Jose Manuel Calderon giving the pacers a veteran point guard who could again replace the departed TJ Ford.

The Memphis Grizzlies would receive Andrea Bargnani. Recently Bargnani stated on Italian broadcast of the playoffs his displeasure with how Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo ousted him out in his exit interview at the end of the season. The Grizz would also get Leandrinho Barbosa from the Raptors, along with the 10th overall pick of the 2010 draft; Paul George.

The Raptors would welcome a very much needed Rudy Gay, as well as James Posey and Dahntay Jones from Indiana. Rudy Gay would fit in perfect with this young, exciting, athletic core group of guys like J.Bayless, D.Derozan, J. Johnson, A. Johnson and E. Davis. Posey and Jones would be trade fillers with some possible up-side in Jones who was mainly signed to his current contract because of his defense which Toronto could use.

Trade rumor recap:
Trade to Memphis

Andrea Bargnani, Leandrinho Barbosa, , Paul George

Trade to Indiana

OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Jose Calderon

Trade to Toronto

Rudy Gay, James Posey, Dahntay Jones

This can't be life.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Rumblings of trade rumours are coming out of the NBA for those teams now out of the post season. The news could get much more real for teams like the Pacers, Grizzlies and Raptors as a proposed 9 player trade could take place. Although just rumours one source has stated GM’s of these teams have been in heavy talks. This proposed trade works out on paper with the required salaries balancing out and beneficial to all. This could be much more than a rumour!

This idea out of the woodworks has put forth a 3 team proposal involving the Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies and the Toronto Raptors. 9 players will be changing cities if the rumoured trade goes down.

To Indiana we would see OJ Mayo from Memphis, a player the Pacers have previously tried to trade for during the trade deadline as well as Xavier Henry the 12th pick of the 2010 draft. The Toronto Raptors would send Jose Manuel Calderon giving the pacers a veteran point guard who could again replace the departed TJ Ford.

The Memphis Grizzlies would receive Andrea Bargnani. Recently Bargnani stated on Italian broadcast of the playoffs his displeasure with how Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo ousted him out in his exit interview at the end of the season. The Grizz would also get Leandrinho Barbosa from the Raptors, along with the 10th overall pick of the 2010 draft; Paul George.

The Raptors would welcome a very much needed Rudy Gay, as well as James Posey and Dahntay Jones from Indiana. Rudy Gay would fit in perfect with this young, exciting, athletic core group of guys like J.Bayless, D.Derozan, J. Johnson, A. Johnson and E. Davis. Posey and Jones would be trade fillers with some possible up-side in Jones who was mainly signed to his current contract because of his defense which Toronto could use.

Trade rumor recap:
Trade to Memphis

Trade to Indiana

Trade to Toronto

This can't be life.
tired.gif

Toronto gets 3 SFs/SGs????

laugh.gif

I don't think Memphis would deal BOTH Rudy, OJ AND their lottery pick from last season. Not to mention, that would be their only shooters on the team. At the same time, they are getting back 3 other players who are capable of scoring the basketball.

As for the TOR-MEM deal, I would probably do it as much as I'm against trading Rudy.

Gives us the chance to re-sign Battier and I could see us inserting OJ back into the starting five since Bargs would be our main guy off the bench. A frontline of Zbo/Marc/DA/Barg would arguably be the best in the league.

Starters: Conley, OJ, Tony, Zbo, Marc
Bench: Vasquez, Henry, Battier, DA, Barg

You have your PF when Zbo is done.

Draft Knight and sign a solid player off the bench with that extra $6M from swapping Rudy and Barg. 

BTW, did Barbosa pick up his PO yet? *sigh* that may be a reason for Heisley to do it. Expiring deal coming up for Barbosa (I'm sure he will pick the option up), young prospect who they wanted last year in George and Barg. Who's going to be the clutch player for Memphis down the stretch? Zbo again?
laugh.gif
 Definitely have more versatility though.
That deal gives you Conley, Tony, George, Zbo, Marc with Barbosa, Sam, Battier, DA, Bargnani with some possible FA signings...eh idk

Where has James Posey been anyway? Injured all this time? I thought he was out the league.

Babrbosa would be a good pick up for MEM. With moving Rudy's contract and getting Bargnani are they still planning on resigning or do they have enough to keep Marc?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Trade rumor recap:
Trade to Memphis

Trade to Indiana

Trade to Toronto

This can't be life.
tired.gif

Well damb....you prolly finishing off some E&J singing They Don't Care About Us right now.
30t6p3b.gif

1st and 4th pick aside...how mad is Byron Scott?

BTW, making that deal would make us look like another Denver Nuggets team. Deep with talent, but no true shot makers. Not good to make deep runs in the playoffs.

OJ and Rudy are our only big shot makers on the perimeter. Zbo isn't Dirk, so a good defense can limit him in crunch time. Which is why the 1st trade is more likeable than that big *!@ 3-team deal. You can at least keep OJ.

Why would Memphis sign Rudy Gay to that contract then trade him, regardless Memphis easily wins that trade but it doesn't really make sense.

Also Toronto has a BUNCH of athletic forwards why do they even need Rudy?

Well that's part of the reason why the team continually says that they won't trade him. I still think Heisley isn't even listening to these offers and its just a bunch of people talking.

But, I don't think Memphis should be close-minded with offers. If they were always close-minded, they wouldn't have Zbo right now. I just think if they make the deal you get to 1) keep OJ long-term and make him your no.2 behind zbo or no.3 behind zbo/marc, 2) saving $$$ short and long-term, 3) easy to sign Marc, open up for the FA market and possibly re-signing Shane, 4) get the 5th pick in the draft which you can land Knight or package Henry with the pick and get a good player possibly.

I just think it gives you a ton of flexibility and options for the summer and your still in win now mode. That 3-way deal just seems a bit too much though. TOR-MEM deal is a little more basic and realistic. I think the fans would turn their back on the franchise again if they dealt both Rudy and OJ for an expiring, a rising sophmore and Bargnani.

An update about Caron, Sefko, a local reporter is stating he doesn't think Caron comes back even if Mavs make it.

On the possibility of either Roddy Beaubois or Caron Butler seeing time if the Mavericks advance to the NBA Finals:

Sefko: “Not the way this thing is going. Butler isn't ready to start practicing yet. So he's still a long way from being able to suit up. Roddy B.???? Is he still on this team? Oh yeah, I think I saw him at shootaround today. But he's not in the plans at the moment.

Yeah, that 3 team deal makes no sense if I'm Memphis. No way I'm trading both Gay & Mayo

I think Toronto pulls the 3 trigger on the three team deal, but not just with Memphis itself.

it doesnt make sense for a team thats trying to rebuild to trade their lotto pick.

Sources: Ricky Rubio-to-NBA up in air

While there is growing optimism that Ricky Rubio could be in a Minnesota Timberwolves' uniform for the 2011-12 season, there are still contractual and financial stumbling blocks left to hurdle, according to sources.

The Timberwolves were hoping that buyout terms would've been finalized earlier this month when, sources say, Rubio's agent, Dan Fegan, flew to Spain to meet with Rubio's current team, Regal Barcelona. However, there are issues that remain unresolved and although one source put the chance of Rubio joining the Timberwolves this summer at "90 percent," the possibility remains that Rubio could be forced to spend another year in Spain.

Both Kahn and Fegan declined to comment.

According to a source, Rubio has warmed to playing for Minnesota, in part becauce of the Timberwolves' regular visits to Spain since drafting him No. 5 overall in 2009.

Rubio has been coming off the bench for Barcelona and a source says the Spanish club team has been exploring future personnel moves with the idea that it is time for Rubio to move on.

If Rubio were to move to the NBA now, he could sign a contract in advance of potential labor strife that is expected to bring about a more financially-restrictive collective bargaining agreement.
Link

It's 90-10 he's coming yet the title of the article is Ricky Rubio to NBA up in the air.

If anything this is the closest he's ever been to the NBA.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I think if Larry Brown coached OKC they'd be on the way to being in the finals a couple times in a row. Could help Durant break out of his shell and be the man and make Russ mature and not let his ego ruin games.

as great a coach as larry brown is, dude has his issues (stability and longevity with an organization.. also he doesn't favor an uptempo style, which doesn't work in our favor)..

i agree he would be great for the team, because i believe we need someone who can teach these guys (why i think being able to be under coach K was great for these guys and will continue to be as long as they and he remain a part of team USA)

i'd love to see a good offensive minded coach come and teach these guys (hell, i would even go the college route to say a roy williams)

i pray the spurs decide to blow everything up and we get a chance at pop  
Well you guys are already in the WCF. I think Larry would put you guys over the top. I know he doesn't favor the uptempo style but KD and Russ improving their halfcourt games aint a bad idea and yeah there's that longevity thing but you only need him for 3 years, could get a lil championship run out of that, I don't want yall getting any dynasty.

FYI... It'd be cool if Ricky Rubio came over and won Rookie of the Year.

That would mean 3 different players from the 2009 draft class raked in a ROY award.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I think if Larry Brown coached OKC they'd be on the way to being in the finals a couple times in a row. Could help Durant break out of his shell and be the man and make Russ mature and not let his ego ruin games.

as great a coach as larry brown is, dude has his issues (stability and longevity with an organization.. also he doesn't favor an uptempo style, which doesn't work in our favor)..

i agree he would be great for the team, because i believe we need someone who can teach these guys (why i think being able to be under coach K was great for these guys and will continue to be as long as they and he remain a part of team USA)

i'd love to see a good offensive minded coach come and teach these guys (hell, i would even go the college route to say a roy williams)

i pray the spurs decide to blow everything up and we get a chance at pop  
Well you guys are already in the WCF. I think Larry would put you guys over the top. I know he doesn't favor the uptempo style but KD and Russ improving their halfcourt games aint a bad idea and yeah there's that longevity thing but you only need him for 3 years, could get a lil championship run out of that, I don't want yall getting any dynasty.
Larry would bench Westbrook and accuse him of "not playing the right way." 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom