OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

and what are the mavs gonna do about the big 3?... dirk can go off for all i care... we just need to contain everyone else...
mavs are the ones that motivated us to get our #$%% together...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

and what are the mavs gonna do about the big 3?... dirk can go off for all i care... we just need to contain everyone else...
mavs are the ones that motivated us to get our #$%% together...
laugh.gif

Bull.

We didn't motivate you to do NOTHING.

You guys had won like 22 in a row with two losses.

Those two losses, Mavericks.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Can we at least see one playoff game between these two teams before we start with the arguing?
Nope.
laugh.gif

Can someone make a .GIF of KD doing the Championship belt thing for me?
nerd.gif

Who has ever done a good job on Dirk? It just seems like Dirk can only stop himself by missing shots. Its not like people are going to block his shots or keep him from getting the ball because he can score everywhere on the court.

Who has ever done a good job on Dirk? It just seems like Dirk can only stop himself by missing shots. Its not like people are going to block his shots or keep him from getting the ball because he can score everywhere on the court.

Can we save the Miami/Dallas speculation until the Thunder and Bulls are out. Make no mistake chicago and okc have plenty of fight left and all it takes is one game to turn the momentum.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Can we save the Miami/Dallas speculation until the Thunder and Bulls are out. Make no mistake chicago and okc have plenty of fight left and all it takes is one game to turn the momentum.
OKC is done. Too inexperienced and a stupid offense will not allow them to beat Dirk and an experienced Dallas team 3 straight times.

Bulls will be done if they lose tonight because their offense is not good enough to beat that Heat team 3 straight times.

yea okc is done....

Bulls could easily win tonight, they did it in the regular season like they were better then Miami, but I still don't see it happening.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

The middle 3 don't always work out so easy though.  It's the exact same as the first 2 split really.  Only now you have THREE chances to get one road win.  That's all it takes. 

Games 1 and 7 are still home games for the higher seed.  That is an advantage no matter how sliced. 
Still though, I don't understand why go away from 2-2-1-1-1. It works so well. 2-3-2 just doesn't make sense to me. 2-2-1-1-1 is PERFECT.
TRAVEL.  

It does NOT make sense to go from LA to Boston, to LA, to Boston, to LA in 2 weeks.  No, that does not make sense, nor is it perfect. 

It would be one thing if it were the Bulls and TWolves in the finals, travel isn't so bad, but it's a very big country, and travel is a problem not just for the players, but the media as well. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The middle 3 don't always work out so easy though.  It's the exact same as the first 2 split really.  Only now you have THREE chances to get one road win.  That's all it takes. 

Games 1 and 7 are still home games for the higher seed.  That is an advantage no matter how sliced. 
Still though, I don't understand why go away from 2-2-1-1-1. It works so well. 2-3-2 just doesn't make sense to me. 2-2-1-1-1 is PERFECT.
TRAVEL.  

It does NOT make sense to go from LA to Boston, to LA, to Boston, to LA in 2 weeks.  No, that does not make sense, nor is it perfect. 

It would be one thing if it were the Bulls and TWolves in the finals, travel isn't so bad, but it's a very big country, and travel is a problem not just for the players, but the media as well. 
It's the NBA finals, though.

If the media outlets have no problem traveling for the playoff games, why would they have a problem traveling for the finals? *shrugs*

At this time I would like to announce that i'm taking my talents to Sooner country and analyze the Oklahoma City Thunder and their late game execution.

Doesn't have that same pop.

classy guy right there Bron Bron. very outspoken when things are going well

the travel excuse is ridiculous. 2-3-2 is and always has been a terrible format. Unless you wanna just come out and say it's a reward for having the better record.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

CP1708 wrote:
JapanAir21 wrote:
TRAVEL.  

It's the NBA finals, though.

If the media outlets have no problem traveling for the playoff games, why would they have a problem traveling for the finals? *shrugs*

Exactly, it's the Finals.  It's the NBA's biggest showcase.  So EVERYBODY has to be there.  In the first round it's regional.   See Sean Elliot's dumb @#$ callin games and what not.  They can't spread everybody out, otherwise Marv Albert would call every single first round game.  He can't, so he doesn't. 

In the Finals, it's the best of the best.  They want the best announcers, the best crew workin the sidelines, they want the best print media covering every detail, over and over 24/7.  They don't want these guys flyin back and forth 5 times. 

And like I said, you don't want the players actually playing flying back and forth across country 4-5 times in 2 weeks either.  Stuff like that matters in terms of toll on players.  Whether people believe me or not.    

Back
Top Bottom