OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Damn, I used to think Pau was the best PF in the game, but after seeing what Dirk is doing this playoffs, gotta give him some props!

Let the record show that despite his numerous essays on the Mavs and whatever gibberish they included about no one respecting them or thinking they were for real.. this was JA in the series thread

JapanAir21 wrote:
Good game yall, see you in Dallas. 2-2.

JapanAir21 wrote:
Man yall shut up. 
laugh.gif

Down 15 with less than five to go, EVERYONE thought this game was OVER.

It was over.

And then Dirk happened. 

Re-Dirk-ulous.

For shame
30t6p3b.gif

this loss goes directly on brooks.. there is a reason harden works so well when he's out there, because teams cant focus on just durant and westbrook

presti needs to trade thabo, to take that responsibility out of brooks' hands (like green and ibaka situation)

this would have been the prefect situation to play maynor and westbrook together.. hell, he could have gone with cook.. someone that would have at least been a decent threat out there

i hate complaining about the refs.. but all i ask for is consistency.. what was any different between collison's foul on dirk at the end of the 4th and kidd hitting westbrook on the inbound pass on the subsequent play?

We need to get ska in here and ask him if Dirk is still soft. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways, OKC's offense is a damn toilet bowl when Harden isn't playing. Brooks leaves a lot to be desired.

Russ and KD need to get in the film room this summer and work on their decision making. They tear up standard defense, but when a defense tilts towards them they just start making bad decision after bad decision.

And apparently some of you are following my little brother on twitter. I really don't think he minds, though.
laugh.gif

Oh get the hell out of here yall.
laugh.gif

We just witnessed one of the greatest comebacks in Playoff history. HISTORY.

We were down 15 with less than 5 to go.

Dirk had a historic close to the game.

Everyone else said put a fork in it, absolutely everyone, except for Dirk Nowitzki.

Yall can go ahead and bash away, I don't really care. We were losing for 44 minutes straight.

We came out with the W, my stance on the game shouldn't matter. I can dig up thousands of quotes from the year about people and the Mavs this year, while I sat here and said let the games play out.

In the end, we're one game away from the Finals.

Good game OKC, tough break.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Oh get the hell out of here yall.
laugh.gif

We just witnessed one of the greatest comebacks in Playoff history. HISTORY.

We were down 15 with less than 5 to go.

Dirk had a historic close to the game.

Everyone else said put a fork in it, absolutely everyone, except for Dirk Nowitzki.

Yall can go ahead and bash away, I don't really care. We were losing for 44 minutes straight.

We came out with the W, my stance on the game shouldn't matter. I can dig up thousands of quotes from the year about people and the Mavs this year, while I sat here and said let the games play out.

In the end, we're one game away from the Finals.

Good game OKC, tough break.
darth-vader-i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing.jpg

just busting balls.
laugh.gif
 I turned the game off with four minutes to go

Ahhh that makes sense. I'd unfollow him now but I went through all that trouble telling him to follow me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Teams don't normally just ascend from nowhere to become NBA champions without going through a bit of pain along the way.

OKC aint bout that life quite yet, but let's all relax a bit.
We were all robbed.  I thought for sure OKC was going to make this a 7 game series, and that would have been awesome for their development.  Game 7 at home, got the win, and then a game 7 on the road, win or lose, that's the stuff that teaches a young squad what it's all about.  Win or lose, they would be able to call this season a success.  Instead, they are going to hear about game 4 for the rest of their careers. 
30t6p3b.gif

They'll get over it, not sayin they won't.  Like DaComeUp said on Twitter, Shaq and Kobe got their butts kicked for a couple years with Del, Mike and Scottie did with Doug, well Mr Brooks, you just joined Del Harris and Doug Collins my friend. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  OKC is getting a big name coach in there.  Van Gundy, Sloan, Adelman, somebody is going to beg for that job. 
Brooks HAS to find a way to close that game out.  Make them foul Durant, something.  Even if it's crappy ISO plays for him, it don't matter, he has to close that game out.  Especially after Thabo saved them with that block on Terry, getting it to a minute left still up 3.  Horrible, horrible turn of events there.  On the road I could understand it, at home, I can't. 

Durant's 35 footer was the most bizarre thing I ever seen.  They took a timeout, and that was what they came up with with 6 and a half seconds? 
indifferent.gif
  We got a better look with .4. 
laugh.gif

OKC acted like they had all day, throw it in to Russ, run across court to make a pass.......what the @#$% ya'll doin?  Run Kev off a screen, TOO the ball, give it too him, then use the last 5 seconds.  That was brutal to watch. 

For Dallas, hell with all the rest, I'm sure they don't care one bit, they are in the drivers seat firmly.  Dirk played his @#$ off.  Give them credit for fighting back and getting the W.  Lotta heart there.  We could be looking at Bron vs Dirk, one of them gets their first title, the other is gonna hear about it forever.  But that's if the Bulls don't come back.  And a week away, so we'll worry about that later. 

Dirk can outplay lebron and still easily lose the series. Heat will smash the mavs unfortunately

What yall think, Brooks is fired at the end of the season or no?

This has been some atrocious offensive coaching SMH.

Back
Top Bottom