OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Durant making that backpack his "thing" is extremely tacky.

The guy is an NBA superstar, not the third member of a boy band. Start acting like it.
It's called promoting a product. No differen't that funboy in Miami getting Witness tatted on his leg.

He's just promoting backpacks??? He has a sponsorship with the entire backpack industry? I don't see any logos during his press conferences.

Did Tony ever sign an extension with the Spurs?

He's NYK bound.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The guy is an NBA superstar, not the third member of a boy band. Start acting like it.
It's called promoting a product. No differen't that funboy in Miami getting Witness tatted on his leg.

He's just promoting backpacks??? He has a sponsorship with the entire backpack industry? I don't see any logos during his press conferences.
KD's logo is on it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Did Tony ever sign an extension with the Spurs?

He's NYK bound.
laugh.gif
He did, like 40-50 mill if I remember right.  3-4 years or somethin. 
Oh...

Well..

At least they got a good back-court for the next few years.
laugh.gif

They just need to replace RJ, get a real big man or hope Tiago develops by next year, and get diapers for Duncan.

Hibbert would be the most valuable player in the deal.

He and Love would make for an intriguing paint pair. Good inside/outside, offense/defense (not that Hibbert is strictly a defender) combination.

Hibbert
Love
Granger
?
Flynn

Johnson (not a shooting guard)
Randolph
Milicic
Bums (which may or may not include Johnson, Randolph and Milicic)

That sounds alright. A lot better than what they have now, at least.

I don't see the big deal about KD's backpack. It can't really bother ppl that much. It's a damn backpack. Dude does seem weird like that so leave him be.

I'm not sure I'm liking that trade for Minny if they don't get Hibbert as well.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by HankMoody

KD's logo is on it.

Really? My bad then. Swear I haven't seen anything on the straps (the only thing visible to the cameras)

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Hibbert would be the most valuable player in the deal.

He and Love would make for an intriguing paint pair. Good inside/outside, offense/defense combination.

Hibbert
Love
Granger
?
Flynn

Johnson (not a shooting guard)
Randolph
Milicic
Bums (which may or may not include Johnson, Randolph and Milicic)

That sounds alright. A lot better than what they have now, at least.

I assume SG would be Webster if he's still alive right? 

I like that front court though, that would be fun to watch.  And if they got anything outta Randolph in a 6th man type role......

When was the last time there was a damn-good front-court like that (I think they'd be pretty damn good)...

...And had their 6th man be another PF/C?
laugh.gif

Boston

Parish/McHale/Bird, 6th man Walton

This group would not match that group obviously, but in terms of strengths on a team, that's it. 

LA has Odom, a SF/PF coming off the bench, and he ain't nothing like Randolph.

And that T-Wolves team ain't got a front court like those 80s Celtics, or a Kobe Bryant.

No disrespect to Flynn/Webster (you're right CP, thanks), but that's not a line-up where I'd want my first guy off the bench to be another big unless the guys are in foul trouble.

Randolph being a really good role player and one of the first off the bench? Sure. 6th Man? Nah.

Roy Hibbert struggled in the second half with confidence problems. Cousins better than him at this time. 
laugh.gif

I doubt Bird is going to trade him and Granger tho. Collison, Granger, and Hibbert still look good on paper. Altho Granger is entering prime mode.

Hibbert would be great, but I'm not sure why he's being discussed.

Don't you guys think if Rubio is in the deal, then more than likely Darren Collison will be involved too? Jonny Flynn played like a bum the entire year.

laugh.gif
at the thought of Rubio's value being so high. I am dumb
frown.gif

Edit: Nevermind, didn't notice the #2 pick in the rumor
laugh.gif
Good trade rumor.

if kahn gets rid of the #2 and rubio in a single trade i am going to kill myself. i have been waiting for 2 years to see this kid in a wolves jersey! just to be let down by him getting traded before his first game

Back
Top Bottom