OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I hear that, Young may not be the answer long term in Utah, but he isn't the key piece of the deal really. 

If Derrick is at 3 and you don't really have a spot for him, and a team desperately wants to move up, and you can slide down just 3 spots, pick up 34 as well and Nick Young, why stick to this "type" of Utah player they keep going after?  It ain't workin so far.  At some point, roll the damn dice.  Give Nick a 2 year deal or something, 3 year with options, whatever.  Let him play a year or two, see if he grows sort of like how Zach has now settled into a team in Memphis.  Don't trust him?  Then draft a SG at 6 as insurance and get 34 for free basically. 

Otherwise they sit at 3 with D-Will, and already have Jeff, Milsap, and Okur on the roster.  And Favors playin the 3.  They need guards.  They can get a young one at a lower price, and a couple picks to try and get more guards just in case Young doesn't come around. 

Draftin the token white dude every year that "fits in" in Utah ain't been workin, time for a change. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

I think the Cavs will trade Sessions because he'll be easier to trade than Baron.

Here's the video of Kahn.
laugh.gif
I guess his quote was taken out of context but he still shouldn't be making comments like that.

This is a general manager of a professional sports program? 
roll.gif

Just for you DBD.
Parker has had to day a press conference in France. Here are the parts regarding Spurs:

About the loss against Memphis:
I took the time to think at it. It's a big disappointment. I talked last week about it with Pop and he was truly sad. So is Duncan. We are all very frustrated after such a great regular season. It was a difficult matchup for us. We got dominated in the paint. Dallas or OKC would have been easier for us. It depends on little details. We could very well be at Dallas spot today...

About next year:
At the start of this season, I've said that it was our last shot to win it all. Duncan and Ginobili are getting older. It will be hard to renew the team. We will still have a good team but we can't say we will be a contender. There are young teams that come.

Is he disappointed about to have signed an extension given that?
No, I'm not. I came from a difficult season with some injuries. I only had one year left on my contract. I couldn't take the risk to turn down the 4 years extension and not securing my future.

Will he be traded?
In San Antonio, if someone is going to be traded, I know it will be me. Pop told me they wanted to keep me. It's a business but I don't think they will have given me an extension if their plan was to trade me.

About his year in NBA:
I've had on of my best season in NBA. I've improved a lot in the leadership area. In term of being a true point guard and managing games, this is my best season.

About Spurs improving the team this summer:
I don't see how we will be able to do that. We can't trade our young players. At the draft, you got to be lucky. Pop has always done a good job so I hope there will have some good surprises for next season's start. But if you know a 7'3" bigman who is a free agent, you can just call me (laugh)....
Link

It's really interesting that the #2 and #3 overall picks both don't really need a PF.

Maybe Kyrie/Williams is a reality?
nerd.gif

Who really needs a PF that can offer something that Minny or Utah wants (Basically, a SG).

Kevin Martin is first thing that came to mind.
nerd.gif

I don't think Monta is worth swapping to get Williams for.
Maybe if Afflalo and something else can be packaged?
Nick Young ain't enough IMO, and isn't attractive to a team like Minny or Utah.
JJ Redick+Bass or Ryan Anderson?
nerd.gif

^Kaaaaaaahhhhhnnnn!!!!!

Good job on not having any sort of filter or common sense to speak on it at that moment. 
laugh.gif

Posted by Matt Moore

Lebron James told reporters after shootaround Wednesday before Game 2 against the Bulls that he's dealing with a head cold. From ESPN 

"LeBron is also battling a cold ahead of tonight's Game 2. Said it has been bothering him for 3 days."

James obviously has a history of vague conditions developing at the, ahem... wrong times, such as his unspecified elbow injury last year against the Celtics. It's interesting that James developed this cold after a subpar Game 1, considering he told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that he couldn't sleep before the game
"If I'm back home, just try to get in the gym," he said of how he otherwise handles sleepless nights and mornings. "I know they wouldn't allow me to come in here at 5 o'clock in the morning, so I decide to watch film."

"It took me about an hour and half to get back to sleep. It's exciting," he said just before noon. "I'm a little sleepy now, but I'm excited about the opportunity tonight. It's going to be fun."
via Miami Heat LeBron James can't sleep before facing Chicago Bulls in NBA Eastern Conference finals - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com.

So before Game 1 of the Conference Finals, James couldn't sleep and instead got up and watched film, putting more stress on his body. Then after a languished loss to the Bulls, he develops a head cold. That's LeBron for you, taking a tense situation and finding a way to make it worse. That said, there's no flu or significant illness here, and it certainly won't keep LeBron out. But he probably should have kept it to himself, just to avoid the avalanche of accusations that he's once again making excuses. 

Always James, always drama.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]son is in battle the sniffles[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]*WAITS FOR WILLIS REED COMPARISONS AFTER TONIGHTS GAME*[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

i'm sure you will be rooting for your boy lebron against your own bulls anyway. you will probably be the first to compare it to the MJ flu game.

Well I was expecting a big night from Wade anyway
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'm expecting Kahn to trade the pick for a vet anyway, so DWill will probably not fall to #4. Would be nice if Wall could get a running mate or big mann down low but I don't think anyone is taking Blatche
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Monta for the #2.

And did anyone actually see the video of Kahn?

Ya, I will try to find it for u when I get a chance to link it

Yeah it completely changes the tone from the way we all read it last night. I don't think he gets fined now
laugh.gif

Staples Center features three Lakers statues, including Magic Johnson, Chick Hearn and Jerry West, which was unveiled in February during NBA All-Star weekend. Staples Center also features statues depicting hockey player Wayne Gretzky and boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Johnson's statue was dedicated during the NBA All-Star game in Los Angeles in 2004, while Hearn's statue was unveiled last season. The six-time NBA MVP expressed even more disappointment in a statement released subsequently by his business manager.

"I am highly offended by the total lack of acknowledgement of my contribution to Laker success," Abdul-Jabbar was quoted as saying. "I guess being the lynchpin for five world championships is not considered significant enough in terms of being part of Laker history."

Agreed, that's the easiest statue in the world to put up, him shootin a hook shot is a damn no brainer. 

Do it Mitch.

Magic got that AIDs bump. Kareem should've got his within 10 years of his retirement or better fitting for the year he got inducted in the HOF.

I'd be mad too. LA taking so long Milwaukee might have a statue for Lew Alcindor before Kareem gets his.

Back
Top Bottom