OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Baron wouldn't be happy coming off the bench. And paying a bench player close to $14-15 mil a year is just Gilbert Arenas bad. Might as well trade for him if you feel you need a bigger guard next to Steph. Of course, Gilbert's contract is just scary compared to Baron's even.

It's scary bad, but you also wouldn't be paying Biedrins' 9 and Charlie Bell's 4 anymore either (assuming that's what the trade is
laugh.gif
). At least they'll be getting some production out of that money.

Originally Posted by S4L3

You're contending that Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and Chicago aren't big markets?
You honestly believe the Clippers and the Wizards are big enough markets to warrant a rigged NBA lottery?

Like I said, are you serious?

?
Teams aren't markets. The cities are. (if we're talking strictly in the sense of media)

If we're talking based on ratings...that's an entirely different argument because those fluctuate. 

This is from 09

[table][tr][th=""]RANK[/th][th=""]TEAM/MARKET[/th][th=""]2008-09 HH RATING[/th][th=""]2007-08 HH RATING[/th][th=""]% CHANGE[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Cleveland[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]3.7[/td][td]119%[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]7.9[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]16%[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Portland[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]27%[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Utah[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]-11%[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]L.A. Lakers[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]12%[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]4.0[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]11%[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Detroit[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]-32%[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Phoenix[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]5.0[/td][td]-24%[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Houston[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]4%[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]4%[/td][/tr][tr][td]source: The Nielsen Company 2009[/td][/tr][/table]

Can Derrick Williams play the 2?  Would he work in Minny?  I would really like that if he could.

Cavs havin 1 and 4 is a nice start for them.  Nobody expects to ever hear from them again, so if they can land 2 decent young kids, another top 3 pick next year I imagine, that gives them a solid 3 kids to build around the next couple years. 

I hoped that Washington could have gotten a little higher so they could pair somebody with Wall (like D-Will 2)  Nas, is D-Will 2 acceptable? 
laugh.gif

Utah at 3 taking Ferdette is too funny, but they have a chance to add a nice young piece with Favors if they are lucky. 

Well, I was almost on target with let Dirk go off and stop the rest, but they let Terry get a little too loose, and I didn't expect 24 free throws or whatever for Dirk. 
laugh.gif
  He is playing incredible right now.  But still, he was goin ham, and with 2-3 minutes left, they were down 5 on the road, 48 hours after their game 7.  That's a good sign for OKC, but not if they don't adjust as we move along.  Game 2 is going to be BIG. 

Derrick williams at sg? Is there a different Derrick williams in the draft and not the 6'9 PF from zona?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Derrick williams at sg? Is there a different Derrick williams in the draft and not the 6'9 PF from zona?
That's why I was asking, I heard Ford talk about him at the SF spot, but with Beasley, he wasn't sure if they would go that route.  So I was asking, if he can play a swing spot like SF, could he play SG?  Is he that skilled enough?  Like say a Lebron can even at 6'8"

And you people a couple pages back sayin that LA would be a Clipper town someday, ya'll are @#$%^& stupid beyond pathetic. 
indifferent.gif
  Clippers ya'll.  What are they gonna do, hang a Baron Davis jersey in the rafters to make their team look like they belong there?  Buy a $5 pennant from the gift shop?  They can be as good as they wanna be, exciting, fun, maybe even make the playoffs, but take down the Lakers in terms of their own God damn city? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  So thirsty you people must be. 

I think SF is a big stretch in itself, but a lot people have talked about it. To me, he's a PF all the way.

I'm not sure why people are suggesting Derrick Williams play SF, he's a PF. If he plays to his potential, I think he's a more athletic David West.

And if I were Minnesota, I would trade #2 for a veteran in his prime. Too bad Golden State invested so much into David Lee and Epke Udoh. #2 (Derrick Williams) for Monta Ellis sounds ideal for both teams.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I think SF is a big stretch in itself, but a lot people have talked about it. To me, he's a PF all the way.
So then Minny can't take him.  They can't move Love to C, and even at SF, they would need to do something with Beas (which maybe they will do) 

Hell, can Utah even use him then with Milsap and Al Jeff? 

Maybe Cleveland gets him at 4 somehow to pair with Irving? 
eek.gif
nerd.gif
  Could that happen?  That would be a nice haul for Cleveland, unless someone trades up to get the kid. 

Uh. When I posted last night if they'd trade Baron it was under the assumption that they'd package Baron, Sessions, or Tawn along with maybe Hickson for a great piece that can help build around the # 1 and 4 picks, not trading them.

Best case scenario they get Williams and Irving.

Or Irving and Kanter?

Bring in someone like Iggy and Brand using the prospects they have now, and let the kids grow up.

That's vastly oversimplified.

When I mentioned Monta and Steph, I was saying I don't think either would fit well with Kyrie.

I think the Cavs will trade Sessions because he'll be easier to trade than Baron.

Here's the video of Kahn.
laugh.gif
I guess his quote was taken out of context but he still shouldn't be making comments like that.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Al3xis

So then Minny can't take him.  They can't move Love to C, and even at SF, they would need to do something with Beas (which maybe they will do) 

Hell, can Utah even use him then with Milsap and Al Jeff? 

Maybe Cleveland gets him at 4 somehow to pair with Irving? 
eek.gif
nerd.gif
  Could that happen?  That would be a nice haul for Cleveland, unless someone trades up to get the kid. 

If Williams is on the board at 3, I'd almost guarantee that the Wizards would do EVERYTHING in their power to trade up with Utah for that pick.  They want him pretty badly. 

That would be cool, Wall and Williams would be pretty nice for a few years.  What would they have to give Utah?  5 and.....? 

Originally Posted by PMatic

I'm not sure why people are suggesting Derrick Williams play SF, he's a PF. If he plays to his potential, I think he's a more athletic David West.
I agree, that's what I see him as.

That would be cool, Wall and Williams would be pretty nice for a few years.  What would they have to give Utah?  5 and.....? 

Something along the lines of the #6/#34 + Blatche for the #3

Utah could walk away with

Blatche

Wizards would have

What the Jazz really need is a SG because all the other positions are pretty much set. Jefferson wants to play C as much as possible and Okur should return from injury. Favors and Hayward are the future at PF and SF. There's talk about converting Millsap to SF. Harris is a good enough PG to wait until the #12 pick or later to draft a young PG.

Young is a FA and he sucks
He's restriced, they can still move him though can't they?  Even a sign and trade or something.  (I always suck at the restricted stuff)

And he isn't great, but maybe with all those other guys he could be ok. 

Jefferson
Milsap
Haywood
Young
Devin

Okur
Favors
#6 pick
#12 pick
Filler

Nothing sexy, but it's a start.  And a nice young team too.  Another deal or two with a nice draft pick next year, and you have something imo. 

Young is a FA and he sucks
He's restriced, they can still move him though can't they?  Even a sign and trade or something.  (I always suck at the restricted stuff)

And he isn't great, but maybe with all those other guys he could be ok. 

Jefferson
Milsap
Haywood
Young
Devin

Okur
Favors
#6 pick
#12 pick
Filler

Nothing sexy, but it's a start.  And a nice young team too.  Another deal or two with a nice draft pick next year, and you have something imo. 

A sign & trade would work in that scenario (as far as Nick Young)

#6, Nick Young, #34

for

Jazz got a gaping hole at SG, and Young would be a good quick fix....

I don't think Nick Young is the type of player the Jazz like. Especially for what's at stake.

Back
Top Bottom