OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I'm referring to the media market, and just the city as a whole. Yeah, they're definitely legitimate enough to warrant a "rigged lottery" (if that even has ever happened, not saying for sure it has).

Yeah, those teams don't have a mega-metropolis following right now... but if you put a contender that will be a contender for the long run in those cities? LA and DC? You bet your %#@ they're going to turn into a huge sports market. Like I said, they already have the media market on their side, and despite them being "fairweather or accused of having bad fans"... they are in an area with a market where they could turn into something major.

Irving and Griffin on the Clippers? With the Lakers chipping away like the Pyramid of Giza? The Lakers can always reload... but with a tandem like Irving and Griffin the city could easily turn red and white opposed to purple and gold.

man clippers taking L's as usual. coulda had the black australian to go with blake
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man clippers taking L's as usual. coulda had the black australian to go with blake
laugh.gif
They'll be fine with Deandre.

they easily would have gone with a PG (more than likely irving..  didnt watch enough college ball to compare walker or knight)

then the could trade kaman and aminu for a better SF (hell or just trade kaman to the 76ers and see if that's enough for iggy)

then you have:

pg: irving or bledsoe
sg: eric gordon
sf: iggy or someone else that's likely to be available this summer (or whenever the lockout is over)
pf: griffin
c: deandre

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
They'll be fine with Deandre.

huh? deandre jordan? hes a center

kyrie irving is a point guard...

Kahn don't give a %%!%
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

To think he was so hush hush and politically correct when asked about Rubio on NBAtv. I wish they would've had a post interview for him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Wow Kahn basically called the draft lottery rigged.
roll.gif

Edit:
"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines," Kahn said. "Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy and the only thing we have in common is we have both been bar mitzvahed. We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."

roll.gif

So, who do the Cavs take?
nerd.gif

Do they try to move Davis? I wonder what's the best available player... I'm sure they can get a really good talent by trading Hickson and the rest of their young pieces, build around that guy and their two draft picks.

It's really hard to say who they'd rebuild around though..

The only player that they could go after who they can maybe build around is Chris Paul, but I don't think they'd have the offer for him. Bogut? Iggy? They can't get Dwight.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Kahn being Kahn. 
laugh.gif

Good game tonite. Dirk upstaging Durant reminded me the battle he had with T-Mac years back. Dirk is that dude.

TMac actually played some defense though. Pretty good defense too.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

People have already mentioned that the Cavs are really high on Irving.
So do they trade Baron and another good young piece? And if so, for who?
Warriors? 
nerd.gif
For who though? That's my point.
laugh.gif

Irving/Steph? No.
Irving/Monta? No.

Baron+young piece is better than anything else the Warriors have, tbh.

So you're saying the Warriors trade Steph or Monta for Baron+young piece? Well that's not happening.

I don't know what it would take to get Baron to Golden State, but I doubt it would be much considering Baron's contract.

roll.gif
@ what Derrick Williams said about being the #1 pick, replacing LeBron/filling that superstar void in Cleveland.

Dude seems like such an a-hole for saying all that when it seems he just wants to be the #1 pick.

I'd trade Monta to Cleveland, but since they're taking Irving they'd have no need for either Stephen or Monta. It'd be good to have a chance at Derrick Williams or Kanter, but it's not happening and not worth it. I'll take my chances on Leonard slipping to us
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

I'd trade Monta to Cleveland, but since they're taking Irving they'd have no need for either Stephen or Monta. It'd be good to have a chance at Derrick Williams or Kanter, but it's not happening and not worth it. I'll take my chances on Leonard slipping to us
ohwell.gif
Trade Monta to Cleveland for what?

monta_baron.jpg

Reunited.

I feel kinda sad that you guys are willing to trade him for a pick in a weak draft though. And I be hating on dude every time there is a Monta thread. 
laugh.gif

I guess my point was that I'm not opposed to trading Monta, but I think he's worth more than the 4th pick in the draft.

I think Baron would be perfect. The Warriors need a 3rd guard, preferably a bigger guard that can play next to Monta or Steph. I wouldn't expect him to be '07 Baron, but at least they've had proven success in the past.

That's the thing with draft picks. You know what you're getting out of Monta, which is pretty damn good. But you don't know what you'll fully be getting out of a prospect of say, Kanter. He could be better, he could be worse. But if we had a chance to get him and there was a trade like that, it'd be a very good decision to make the trade since they could get a very, very high potential player at a position of great need...
To make it clear, I'd only make this deal if we could get Derrick Williams or Kanter...

But if we made that trade, he'd probably turn into Brandan Wright anyway given our history with deals like this.
laugh.gif

Trade Charlie Bell's expiring contract along with Biedrins for Baron. The Warriors get a 3rd guard that they need and the Cavs can save some money in the long run.

I hate to say it, but the Warriors would need to make a subsequent trade to fill the hole left by Biedrins even though Biedrins is more useless than my knowledge about celebrity cup sizes.

Back
Top Bottom