OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

When did JKidd lock down Kobe Bryant?

Like if that was even possible we would've saw that when the two met in the finals.
Jason Kidd played good D on Kobe consistently this post-season.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Like if that was even possible we would've saw that when the two met in the finals.

i dont think u should give kidd that much credit. Kobe was nothing but a jumpshooter. kobe was moving like mike bibby out there...

the mavs were 2-1 vs okc this year? the lakers were 2-1 vs dallas this year and look where it got them... except when it comes to the bulls regular season means nothing
laugh.gif

this will be a great series i think. mavs in either 6 or 7 but im hoping 7...

also is jason kidd gonna guard westbrook?

Did anybody listen to Bill Simmons' podcast last week with Sean Grande? They said James Harden was initially talked about in the Kendrick Perkins trade, not Jeff Green. Mike Breen even mentioned the deal in game 6 of the Heat-Celtics series. I bet Sam Presti laughed when Danny Ainge proposed that.
laugh.gif

That wouldve made more sense than Green, giving up a guy so important from Boston's side.

And nicedude, i dont need u popping up everytime Lowry name get brought up lol. I know he a better defender, but he wasnt key to this playoff run. Westbrook would still get buckets as well. Lowry couldnt even lead Houston to the playoffs with an even deeper team than Memphis......tho' lol

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

That wouldve made more sense than Green, giving up a guy so important from Boston's side.
made more sense for who?

i assume you mean from boston's perspective (considering the guy's true position is the same as a certain player on our team).. the only reason the deal made sense for them was so they would have someone to throw at the melo & lebron combo if they ended up facing those teams come playoff time (considering how much paul pierce's offense suffered having to guard lebron)

then there's also the issue of resigning perk

but i agree will bill simmons, in that when you have a chance to win a championship you don't make drastic changes that undermines what got you there

i knew we had to trade to trade green just because we wouldn't be able to sign him (for the price he wanted, at least).. would have been a wonderful bench guy for us (could play multiple positions), but shouldn't have been starting over ibaka and especially shouldn't have been starting at PF

Who starts for Phoenix?

We wouldn't do Kidd dirty like that and trade em to Phoenix, plus honestly Kidd fits SO much better with this team than Nash.

Four years ago? Sure I'd take Nash back, but with all these good defenders?

Not now.
Well said
happy.gif
- I like this dude
smokin.gif

SBJ: NBA proposes $45 million hard salary cap

The NBA’s initial proposal for a new collective-bargaining deal called for a $45 million per team hard salary cap along with non-guaranteed player contracts and significant cuts in annual salary increases.

The details, spelled out in an April 26 memo issued by National Basketball Players Association Executive Director Billy Hunter, marks the league’s push for a major overhaul of the NBA’s economic model and emphasizes to players an aggressive bid to significantly slash costs and shorten contracts.

The memo was sent to all NBA players and was dated just days prior to the league delivering to the union a new labor proposal, which a source said still included the $45 million hard cap but added a phase-in of the cap over a few years. Union president Derek Fisher publicly dismissed the latest proposal as too similar to the original proposal.

The memo’s most eye-popping element is the league’s proposed $45 million hard cap, which cuts the current $58 million soft cap by nearly 25 percent.

Hunter said in the memo that the NBA projects the $45 million hard cap number with a team’s total salary not to exceed the cap for any reason. The proposed hard cap as outlined by Hunter also would eliminate the current luxury tax provision, which penalizes teams with a dollar-for-dollar tax for the amount spent on player payroll exceeding the salary cap.

The proposed hard cap is something the NBA has never had under collective bargaining, but it has become a critical element to owners. This initial proposal, and its steep cut in player cap space, demonstrates a strong commitment by the owners to dramatically curtail player payrolls while also supporting NBA Commissioner David Stern’s mantra of making the league more profitable.

The inclusion of non-guaranteed player contracts, while a negotiating point, also represents a radical shift for players who have long benefited from guaranteed deals. Taken together, Hunter felt compelled to send out the missive.

“The nature of the owners’ demands is so onerous that I feel it is imperative to reinforce the message of our recent team meetings with this letter,

The owners are out of their minds. 
30t6p3b.gif

45 million a year, 12 players.......do that math real quick.  These guys wanna pay Lebron James 8 million a year or some @#$% 
laugh.gif

Roster spots 8-12 will be makin a couple hundred grand each, if they're lucky. 

This is gonna get ugly, and players are so dumb with their money, they may get raked over the coals because of it. 

45 million for a whole team?
laugh.gif

Lebron, Wade and Bosh make up that total alone and probably exceed it.
laugh.gif

Yeah this NBA lockout is going to be a long one.
tired.gif

so basically the knicks consist of Amare, Melo, and me?

they might end up really ruining the league this time. this could get baaaad

Yea thanks NBA for Destroying Basketball after one of the best seasons in a long time...... 45$ Hard cap means there isnt gonna be basketball for a Longgggg time

People acting like basketball not going to happen for 10 years or some @!%%.
laugh.gif

The longest I see this going on for is half a season, maybe a full season. If they don't get it done by a FULL SEASON, something will have to go down. They will be losing way too much money if it goes into the two season range.

30t6p3b.gif
@ that proposed hard cap and what I just joked about in the Knicks thread.

Like 45 mil doesn't even make sense after that proposed franchise tag system. What are the owners thinking? How you wanna underpay your superstars, give them bs incentives with a franchise tag, and not even guarantee money as the player gets through each year of his contract?

^
laugh.gif

If owners are serious about this, some players should strike back and seriously suggest contraction.

Keep in mind with the $45 million hard cap there would also be significant roll backs in salaries. They might even have the clause like in 2005 where a team could waive a player off their books (but still have to pay the player the money owed).

If owners are serious about this, some players should strike back and seriously suggest contraction.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
players do not want contraction
laugh.gif
Why would they want to get rid of jobs for themselves??

If they are truly proposing a 45$ million Hard Cap then this one is going to take a year because star players aren't going to take a 50% salary cut in order to make a couple billionaire owners more millions.
Then you add in how big Basketball is internationally and this can get ugly real quick

I want desperately to see some of the franchise guys bail and go to Europe and make 20 million so we can see NBA teams with the best player being Marvin Williams and Luis Scola so I can listen to David Stern spin that @#$% 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Guy on the radio over here last week said he was hearing folks tell him that this lockout could be multiple seasons, not just one.  *shrugs* 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I want desperately to see some of the franchise guys bail and go to Europe and make 20 million so we can see NBA teams with the best player being Marvin Williams and Luis Scola so I can listen to David Stern spin that @#$% 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Guy on the radio over here last week said he was hearing folks tell him that this lockout could be multiple seasons, not just one.  *shrugs* 
Brooke Lopez still won't lead the league in rebounds.

If this lock out goes for more than one season guess I'm directing my attention to College Basketball and Hockey.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Grizz win the championship if it happens because they have no one that would do that or are superstars
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom