OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Originally Posted by CP1708

I want desperately to see some of the franchise guys bail and go to Europe and make 20 million so we can see NBA teams with the best player being Marvin Williams and Luis Scola so I can listen to David Stern spin that @#$% 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Guy on the radio over here last week said he was hearing folks tell him that this lockout could be multiple seasons, not just one.  *shrugs* 
Brooke Lopez still won't lead the league in rebounds.

If this lock out goes for more than one season guess I'm directing my attention to College Basketball and Hockey.
more than one season?what?
indifferent.gif

Social Networking is amazing.
fullsize.jpg

Ingredients:  Pulled Pork, Bacon, Drunken Crab Legs, Smoked Cheddar (opional)

Comment:  "The Durantula" is inspired by NBA superstar, Kevin Durant. Raised in Washington D.C. which gave influence to his favorite food, crab legs. He then went on to play at Texas University, so we had to put in some pulled pork. And the bacon? Well, bacon is just delicious.
225375_10150186304979651_177888919650_6695519_2919379_n.jpg

The RUFFLES WESTBOOK - All beef dog, grilled onions, bacon, habanero relish, ched n sour cream ruffles, blue mayo & orange mustard w/ lemon pepper on a poppy. THUNDER UP!!

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

If owners are serious about this, some players should strike back and seriously suggest contraction.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
players do not want contraction
laugh.gif
Why would they want to get rid of jobs for themselves??
I said some players. The talented superstars that don't have to worry about if they'll have a job after contraction.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

And nicedude, i dont need u popping up everytime Lowry name get brought up lol. I know he a better defender, but he wasnt key to this playoff run. Westbrook would still get buckets as well. Lowry couldnt even lead Houston to the playoffs with an even deeper team than Memphis......tho' lol
Westbrook would get his no matter who is guarding him. But wait, so now Mike Conley is leading the Grizz the playoffs tho?
laugh.gif

The Rockets traded Battier away for Thabeet for a reason. They traded away Brooks for Dragic and a pick for a reason. It was time to rebuild and some how sneaking into the playoffs would be even amazing even after all that. And now the Rockets have a deeper team than the Grizz? Last time I checked, Yao Ming wasn't playing.
laugh.gif

If owners are serious about this, some players should strike back and seriously suggest contraction.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
I said some players. The talented superstars that don't have to worry about if they'll have a job after contraction.
The superstars could careless about contraction and probably would be for it. Too bad they are out numbered like 10 to 1
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And I'm sure the owners will be delighted with that proposal regardless of which players are proposing it. It was a stupid comment, just take your L and move on.

roll.gif
 @ that sandwich. Look nasty as hell

I thought the Rockets did have more depth than Memphis. You want to re-check those rosters?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

When did JKidd lock down Kobe Bryant?

Like if that was even possible we would've saw that when the two met in the finals.
Jason Kidd played good D on Kobe consistently this post-season.
When did JKidd lock down Kobe Bryant?
You watch DeShawn Stevenson and Corey Brewer try to guard Kobe, then watch Jason Kidd try and guard Kobe.

Lock down? I never said it, Koolbar did, but Kidd played the best defense he could against their best player, and we got the sweep, didn't we?

Now look, I don't expect us to sweep the Thunder. I'm not saying I expect us to dominate them.

But people questioned, "Oh, who's going to stop Kobe, AND Bynum, AND Gasol."

Well, it happened. We let one go off, contain the other.

How often do KD and Russ have great games together? About as often as Dirk and Kidd do.

When KD and Russ both have great games they're just about unstoppable, but it's far too infrequent at this point in their careers. It works that one of them was on and the other was off and they'd still win, but in the Conference Finals? Against a deep team like Dallas? I don't know..

In their losses against Memphis, look how they performed..

Russ, 9/23, but 7 turnovers. Durant, 11/21, 33 points.
Russ, 7/22, 7 turnovers. Durant, 10/24, 22 points.
Russ, 11/22, 27 points. Durant, 3/14, 11 points.

And they won't have the comfort of being at home for most of the series, they'll have to play Dallas who has yet to lose at him in the post-season, and who during the regular season beat them on their homecourt twice, and had the best road record in the League.

Russ really needs to tone it down on the turnovers too. 4 per game is way too much. Russes AST:TO ratio is terrible for your PG in the Playoffs.

Also,
roll.gif
@ most of you thinking that Kidd is going to be guarding Russ. On some plays? Sure. Mostly him? HELL NO.

There's a reason why Jason Kidd didn't really guard Fisher. There's a reason why Jason Kidd didn't really guard Andre Miller. It's funny. A lot of the media has been talking about how Kidd is going to struggle with Westbrook, but he most likely won't be on him much at all. I think we may see some Beaubois this series. He's not as strong, but he's long as hell for a guard and he's just as quick as Westbrook. We'll see him in limited minutes, but those minutes will hopefully prove productive.

Russ struggled mightily against us this year. You can say maybe he's different now, or that he is better, but I don't believe in turning on switches in the post-season and have it simply be a lot easier.

Tyson really helped with Russ's driving IIRC. He made it really hard for Russ to get to the basket, and that's why Russ shot 31% against us this year. He shoots a career 37% against us. That's not going to cut it. 40% in the Playoffs? I don't think that's effective.

Yes, they have Perkins now, but Serge/Ibaka will match-up and that means Dirk and Perk will probably match up when OKC is on offense. That's fine for Dirk, I'd think. Perk is strong, but Dirk is long.

^
laugh.gif

forget contraction. Threaten to go to Europe. i'm sure the league will do great without superstars
the top 10-20 ball players would get P-A-I-D. And that's not even including the money they would save on American taxes in certain countries 

Perkins should be the least of your worries. The guy didn't really do much but look tough in the series.
laugh.gif

Collison on the other hand.
nerd.gif
 Ibaka will get himself into foul trouble, but can still swat away a lot of drives to the basket.

I thought the Rockets did have more depth than Memphis. You want to re-check those rosters?
laugh.gif
Trading for Thabeet was too big a of negative on the team's depth. I think you need to re-check your own team's roster.
laugh.gif

Another thing, yall can keep doubting our defense all you want. Be my guest.

Fact is, right now, we're allowing the third fewest PPG in the Playoffs, only marginally behind Chicago.

People want to clown about Tyson, say he looked scared out there, saying he looked soft, but 88 PPG is hard to deny.

Considering OKC allows 98? And that we've been putting up 97 against some pretty tough defensive teams? Where's that OKC defense?

Clown on Peja too. Say he's a liability out there on Defense, but when it mattered, did Lamar Odom make KEY shots against scrubby old Peja that could've won him the game? Nope.

Clown on Dirk, saying he's just some nonathletic bum, but he's done just fine making sure the other guy that Tyson isn't guarding is contained.

Clown on Kidd, saying he's an old man, but when it mattered, did he make it damn hard for Kobe to hit his shots? He did.

It's been less than 24 hours, and I'm already tired of hearing how we can't guard them.
laugh.gif

If in the next two games they light us up, I'll gladly take it on the chin and say it, but they both have shown that they struggle against Dallas. This year, against Dallas, 37% shooting for Russ. Durant for his career? Lowest PPG is against Dallas, at 20 per. I don't expect him to average just 20 PPG, but I expect us to make it hard for him. There's no one that holds him under 40% FG shooting...

...Except Dallas.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
Trading for Thabeet was too big a of negative on the team's depth. I think you need to re-check your own team's roster.
laugh.gif

And Carroll
sick.gif
 . Thanks
laugh.gif

Just noticed the Lakers have $92M in salaries next season. I'm sorry but, 
roll.gif
 . And that's only with 8 players under contract I believe.

Basically doubling the proposed cap.

JA, let your team shine. Let it shine homie.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And Carroll
sick.gif
 . Thanks
laugh.gif

Just noticed the Lakers have $92M in salaries next season. I'm sorry but, 
roll.gif
 . And that's only with 8 players under contract I believe.

Basically doubling the proposed cap.
laugh.gif

The cap would take 2-3 years to phase in, and by that time our balance sheet is blank.  We owe zero dollars after 3 years.  So we'd make it by then.  

Now, I'm not sure what they would ask for in the 3 years leading up too, a reduction of some money I'm sure, but not sure how much or by when. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I personally apologize to all of you for my team failing to spare you from all of this. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Haven't I said since the beginning of the year that DEFENSE is the difference this year?

And wasn't it that against LA? Portland? Yeah you can say our guys showed up and hit big shots, but take away the rose-colored glasses that we had from Game 4. Late in games, we forced turnovers. We played defense, and yes, we hit shots. But Peja on Lamar, Bynum not being able to get the ball, Kobe not getting the shot he wants, the perimeter shooters not hitting shots... That's not credit to the Dallas defense? Oh okay...

Collison on the other hand.
nerd.gif
 Ibaka will get himself into foul trouble, but can still swat away a lot of drives to the basket.

Collison will be interesting, one of the X-Factors along with Harden. But it's not like we have guys that make a ton of layups anyways. The only real guys we have to do that are Tyson (his are inches away from the rim), Dirk (who uses his length to make sure that ball touches backboard), and Barea (who didn't seem to have a problem shredding up the interior defense of Lamar, Bynum, and Pau).

We don't drive much, and Serge will definitely have some huge blocks against us, but he'll also get a lot of calls against him.

Tyson will dictate this series a lot for us. He destroyed the Thunder in the other games, so we'll need it from him again. He's the hungriest guy on the team. Not Kidd, not Dirk, Tyson is the guy who gives more effort than anyone else on the Mavericks. You go listen to any of the interviews with the guys on this team, they'll say the difference this year is Tyson. Without a doubt.

Hmm..so this how it looks when I'm talking about my team.

Sorry guys. I didn't know. Please accept my apology KLJ
laugh.gif

JA, I'll say this, if OKC played Memphis to say a 5 game series, and didn't have as weary legs as they are going too early in this series, then all your harping would be for not right now.  OKC isn't coming off back to back to back long playoff runs.  It's a completely different story. 

You beat us.  NO QUESTION.  But if you sit there and tell me that it was what "you" guys were doing, and not something else going on with LA, then go ahead and believe that. 

Miami just got over on Boston and celebrated like they just signed 3 free agents or something, and then they were rudely awakened. 

Now luckily for you, OKC played a game just yesterday, as well as 6 others, with 4 OT's mixed in.  While they are young, that is a tough series to get thru.  They may need more than 48 hours to recover, while you guys had 10 days off or so.  So early on, you should look pretty good.  But as the series goes, I expect OKC to get going alot better, and Dallas won't have those nice easy shots with no rotations they got used to with LA.  Then you can rattle off all the stats you want that don't mean anything.  It's about what is going on right now, not back God knows when. 

Well right now, we're holding teams to very low scoring, and low FG%. That's now.

We got our guys rest to get ready for the WCF. You think Kidd isn't enjoying this rest right now? You don't think he'll come out energized?

How did we come out after losing two straight in Portland? We haven't lost since. We're focused.

You can go ahead and say that there's issues in LA. People made the same excuse when Dallas would lose every year, there's something wrong with the team, no one showed up, whatever. Maybe it's just WE showed up, yall didn't. Why discredit us because we showed up and kicked your %#*?
nerd.gif
Doesn't make sense to me. Did we not play the defense we needed to when it counted? Did we not force pivotal turnovers? Did we not get to the line when we needed to? That seems like a lot of stuff WE DID, as opposed to what LA didn't do.

You think we're as pompous and arrogant as Miami you're mistaken.
laugh.gif

You watch the attitude after winning game 4 against LA (On our home court), did you see us jumping around and saying what a great job we've done? No, you saw a group of guys who said this isn't over yet.

I don't expect us to get easy shots, I don't expect Jason Terry to hit 9 threes again either. I expect us to play hard. Those big open easy shots? That was a microcosm of game 4, not the entire series. Game 1, we battled back through defense and getting to the line, and making plays. Game 2, we forced big turnovers at the end of the game that allowed us to win. Game three, we hit shots when we needed to, yes, but we also played defense.

Russell Westbrook is shooting 40% right now, through the playoffs, and averaged about 5 turnovers per game last series. You can sift through the details of what I posted and pick apart what you don't like, but right now, we're playing some great basketball. I don't see how you can deny that.

And all along, did I ever say we'd sweep the Thunder, that we'd even win the series? No, but I said it's going to be a tough series for both teams. These dudes expecting Westbrook to have a field day? Why doesn't he have a field day against EVERY team? It's because he's just not polished enough yet. He'll get there, and when he does, he'll be great, but as you say, this is right now.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Another thing, yall can keep doubting our defense all you want. Be my guest.

Fact is, right now, we're allowing the third fewest PPG in the Playoffs, only marginally behind Chicago.

People want to clown about Tyson, say he looked scared out there, saying he looked soft, but 88 PPG is hard to deny.

Considering OKC allows 98? And that we've been putting up 97 against some pretty tough defensive teams? Where's that OKC defense?

Clown on Peja too. Say he's a liability out there on Defense, but when it mattered, did Lamar Odom make KEY shots against scrubby old Peja that could've won him the game? Nope.

Clown on Dirk, saying he's just some nonathletic bum, but he's done just fine making sure the other guy that Tyson isn't guarding is contained.

Clown on Kidd, saying he's an old man, but when it mattered, did he make it damn hard for Kobe to hit his shots? He did.

It's been less than 24 hours, and I'm already tired of hearing how we can't guard them.
laugh.gif
Who exactly is saying all of this? Did I miss it?
and

bhzmafia14 wrote:
Hmm..so this how it looks when I'm talking about my team.

Sorry guys. I didn't know. Please accept my apology KLJ 
laugh.gif

Yes...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom