OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Lakers fans spouting off that it was more Lakers trouble than Dallas execution.

Numerous people asking how Dallas will contain Westbrook & Durant, especially saying Kidd will be on Westbrook. Maybe I'm flat our wrong and he does guard him, but for most of the game, I don't see it. Maybe in crunch-time.

Off to Gameday
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

some of you need to make up your mind

you cant sit there and say regular season doesnt matter then try to point out how bad _____ player played VS_____ team durning the regular season

Why the @#$% did you say Laker fanS

I said something, nobody else said a damn thing, so quit draggin them into it. 

And I didn't say anything as a fact, I merely mentioned something and it struck a nerve in you.  You don't want to believe it.  Fine.  You want all the credit to go to Dallas?  Fine, take it.  You haven't seen me make a single excuse, nor will you.  We got beat, straight up, plain and simple.  The reasons and factors for that beating are up for debate but I don't have all the facts or answers for, nor do you, or anyone else on NT.  Fact of the matter is, we got beat and that's that. 

But you going into bunker hero mode trying to scream from the mountain top that all credit should be given to Dallas, and their numbers say this, and those numbers say that, and none of that bs means any damn thing.  I don't even know why you are going off half cocked about OKC right now anyways, other than you been mad about them for well over a month now.  And now you're facing them.  Get over it.  They have like one damn fan on this whole board, quit yellin about "everybody is sayin" cuz after what you just said about Laker FANS, when it was just me talkin, you must stretch the truth out a little. 
laugh.gif
  nobody is shinin OKC on and leavin you out in the dust.  I seen PLENTY of folks in here hopin Dirk gets a shot, so calm the hell down.  You ain't even played game 1 yet damn it. 
laugh.gif
  Chill and enjoy the series. 

God damn. 
laugh.gif

But you going into bunker hero mode trying to scream from the mountain top that all credit should be given to Dallas, and their numbers say this, and those numbers say that, and none of that bs means any damn thing. I don't even know why you are going off half cocked about OKC right now anyways, other than you been mad about them for well over a month now. And now you're facing them. Get over it. They have like one damn fan on this whole board, quit yellin about "everybody is sayin" cuz after what you just said about Laker FANS, when it was just me talkin, you must stretch the truth out a little. smiley: laugh nobody is shinin OKC on and leavin you out in the dust. I seen PLENTY of folks in here hopin Dirk gets a shot, so calm the hell down. You ain't even played game 1 yet damn it. smiley: laugh Chill and enjoy the series.

Yeah sure, Lakers fans said congratulations and whatnot, but I all you hear in the media is what LA has to do, what they did wrong and not what Dallas did right.

I'm reading people saying you can't stop Russ, you can't stop KD, if you want me to pinpoint them, then I will. That's all I'm doing. Debating. That's what we do on here, ain't it?

If it means anything, I got the Thunder in 6.

U got Westbrook(a top 3 athlete in the NBA) matched up against someone twice his age.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

U got Westbrook(a top 3 athlete in the NBA) matched up against someone twice his age.
See what I mean, CP?

That's all I'm doing, debating what people are talking about.
laugh.gif

You care what the media says? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Since we debating, mind tellin me why you keep sayin KD only gets 20 a game vs ya'll? 

I mean, do the 6 points he scored vs Dallas his rookie year really matter in this series?  Honest question. 

Bringing that type @#$% does nothin for ya man.  Cuz if that's what we're doin, then I might as well bring 06 to the table, right? 
laugh.gif

You can use past experiences to make a point to a degree, sure, I know I do it all the time, but I'm a little more than sure that a guy having an off night his rookie year ain't part of the equation, ya know? 

And I'm sorry, but when people sit back and look at Russ v Kidd EVERYBODY would rather bet on Russ in that matchup.  Not hate, not ignorant, not stupid, not anything.  The young speedster vs the old vet, people will side with the young gun.  It's just how it is.  No reason to refute anything about it, you just hope that your vets can rise up and conquer.  LA faced the same thing with them last year, everyone wanted to see them run against us, they fought us tough, in the end we pulled it out.  Just cuz everyone thinks Russ can hurt you don't mean it will be that way. 
wink.gif

CP, this might help: durant averaged 29.3 points on 52.4 percent shooting against Dallas in the regular season

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
players do not want contraction
laugh.gif
Why would they want to get rid of jobs for themselves??
I said some players. The talented superstars that don't have to worry about if they'll have a job after contraction.
laugh.gif
And I'm sure the owners will be delighted with that proposal regardless of which players are proposing it. It was a stupid comment, just take your L and move on.
Yeah, win-win (for owners of big market teams and superstars) and the teams left in the league actually get better. I was responding from a standpoint of how a 45 mil hard cap would effect the superstars' contracts. With contraction they can get back more or be fine with giving up some for having vastly improved teams.

@JA
Lock down? I never said it, Koolbar did, but Kidd played the best defense he could against their best player, and we got the sweep, didn't we?
I specifically asked when did JKidd lock down Kobe Bryant not if JKidd played good D on Kobe. For some reason you felt the need to tell me JKidd had played good D on Kobe as if that was the question asked. Maybe you are confused or don't understand the question. If you wanna say on the Mavs the player who can play the best D on Kobe is JKidd I don't give a %%%!

I didn't even bother to mention the WCF matchup. I mean I think you already know how I feel about the Mavs. I don't know why you even went in to all that.

I asked when did JKidd lock down Kobe. The answer is it never happened and it never would. The statement is absurd
laugh.gif

Go ahead and nitpick what I've been saying all you want dude, be my guest.

I've stated what's going on right now, and it's reflective of what we've seen in the past.

Okay sure, Durant averages much better this year than what he did in the past.

Has Westbrook? Nope. A career ~40% FG shooter shot 37% against us this year. And thus far in the Playoffs? 40%. Thus, why I bring it up.

And I'm sorry, but when people sit back and look at Russ v Kidd EVERYBODY would rather bet on Russ in that matchup.

Exactly my point.

IT AIN'T GOING TO BE KIDD. I highly highly highly HIGHLY doubt it's going to be Kidd, and that's all I've been saying. Try READING what I've been saying. Kidd will go on Thabo, and Stevenson will probably start on Russ.

THAT'S why I'm spoutin' off.
laugh.gif

I specifically asked when did JKidd lock down Kobe Bryant not if JKidd played good D on Kobe. For some reason you felt the need to tell me JKidd had played good D on Kobe as if that was the question asked. Maybe you are confused or don't understand the question. If you wanna say on the Mavs the player who can play the best D on Kobe is JKidd I don't give a %%%!

You don't read very well. I never said he locked down Kobe. It was someone else.

I asked when did JKidd lock down Kobe. The answer is it never happened and it never would. The statement is absurd
laugh.gif

Too bad I'm not the one who said it, Jesus Christ.
laugh.gif

Like I said the first time, and you even quoted me saying that KoolBarBone said he locked down Kobe, NOT me.

My original quote...
Lock down? I never said it, Koolbar did, but Kidd played the best defense he could against their best player, and we got the sweep, didn't we?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

See what I mean, CP?

laugh.gif

is westbrook not a great athlete?

kidd is 38

westbrook 22 (x2 = 42)

Originally Posted by DubA169

^
laugh.gif

If owners are serious about this, some players should strike back and seriously suggest contraction.
forget contraction. Threaten to go to Europe. i'm sure the league will do great without superstars
the top 10-20 ball players would get P-A-I-D. And that's not even including the money they would save on American taxes in certain countries 
Yeah but then I'd have to hook the illegal satellite back up to watch them play. Didn't think I'd agree with Bron so much on the idea of contraction in the league today. A league with no Toney Douglas is a beautiful thing.
Originally Posted by CP1708

I personally apologize to all of you for my team failing to spare you from all of this. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
*sigh* Don't even mind the Lake show going down but yall could've done it against OKC.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

See what I mean, CP?

laugh.gif
is westbrook not a great athlete?

kidd is 38

westbrook 22 (x2 = 42)
Yeah, I don't disagree, but as I've said about 10 times today, I'm not convinced that Kidd will guard Westbrook. I just don't see it. I've never said that Westbrook wouldn't torch Kidd, he 99% most likely would.
laugh.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:

I've stated what's going on right now, and it's reflective of what we've seen in the past.

Has Westbrook? Nope. A career ~40% FG shooter shot 37% against us this year. And thus far in the Playoffs? 40%. Thus, why I bring it up.

And I'm sorry, but when people sit back and look at Russ v Kidd EVERYBODY would rather bet on Russ in that matchup.

Exactly my point.

IT AIN'T GOING TO BE KIDD. I highly highly highly HIGHLY doubt it's going to be Kidd, and that's all I've been saying. Try READING what I've been saying. Kidd will go on Thabo, and Stevenson will probably start on Russ.

laugh.gif

That's supposed to make me feel better for Dallas? 
laugh.gif
  I rather have Kidd on him man.  

Russ shoots 40% this that and the other, last I checked, kid is still pretty good, no? 
nerd.gif
   Gettin the job done, is he not?  Maybe not in the way everyone wishes he would, or hopes he would, but getting it done just the same. 

In fact, if I'm Dallas, I WANT Russ to have a big series.  Bigger the better.  Why?  Cuz then Durant isn't.  Just like I told you OKC should let Dirk have a huge series, and stay home on everyone else.  Did we not talk about this just last week when the Amare on Duncan's head series was talked about?  Let the one guy go crazy, stay at home on all the shooters.  Same thing applies here. 
Russ goes crazy, the rest don't.  Dirk goes crazy, the rest don't. 

But obviously, that's me oversimplifying it a bit.  But you get the idea. 

I personally apologize to all of you for my team failing to spare you from all of this. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
*sigh* Don't even mind the Lake show going down but yall could've done it against OKC.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Sorry man.  If it makes you feel better I sleep less now. 
laugh.gif

Exactly my point.

laugh.gif

You don't read very well. I never said he locked down Kobe. It was someone else.

laugh.gif

Too bad I'm not the one who said it, Jesus Christ.
laugh.gif

Like I said the first time, and you even quoted me saying that KoolBarBone said he locked down Kobe, NOT me.

My original quote...

Maybe you didn't read it the first time.
For some reason you felt the need to tell me JKidd had played good D on Kobe as if that was the question asked. Maybe you are confused or don't understand the question. If you wanna say on the Mavs the player who can play the best D on Kobe is JKidd I don't give a %%%!
I know who made the statement and it wasn't you. Yet you still found a way to quote me asking a specific question, ignore said question and say a bunch of *#!% nobody cares to read.

Exactly my point.

laugh.gif

so considering harden is averaging 31.3 mins per game this postseason, what happens then?

and considering stevenson has been playing 12.8 mins per game, what happens when terry comes in? (terry is averaging 32.3 mins)

JapanAir21 wrote:

Exactly my point.

laugh.gif

That's supposed to make me feel better for Dallas? 
laugh.gif
  I rather have Kidd on him man.  

Russ shoots 40% this that and the other, last I checked, kid is still pretty good, no? 
nerd.gif
   Gettin the job done, is he not?  Maybe not in the way everyone wishes he would, or hopes he would, but getting it done just the same. 

In fact, if I'm Dallas, I WANT Russ to have a big series.  Bigger the better.  Why?  Cuz then Durant isn't.  Just like I told you OKC should let Dirk have a huge series, and stay home on everyone else.  Did we not talk about this just last week when the Amare on Duncan's head series was talked about?  Let the one guy go crazy, stay at home on all the shooters.  Same thing applies here. 
Russ goes crazy, the rest don't.  Dirk goes crazy, the rest don't. 

It's your opinion if you want Kidd or DeShawn/Brewer/Beaubois on him, we'll have to wait and see. Like I said, maybe I'm flat out wrong and Kidd does guard Russ primarily, in which case I hope Russ tries to just shoot the basketball and not drive. And it helps when you have Chandler down in the middle to help stop penetration, and thus having guys like Russ try and take more jumpers, which is definitely a good thing. But, let's see a few games play out.

Shooting 40% won't win you championships. They beat a star-less Denver team and a team no one expected in the discussion in the WCF. It's not taking anything away from them, but this is a true test. If they pass it? Hell, congratulations, I'll be rooting for them against Miami. I just don't see how a 40% shooting PG who turns it over 5 times a game is going to get it done deep in the Playoffs.

It's not just that simple as letting someone go off and hold the rest of the team down unless you're playing Allen Iverson. The players on Dallas and OKC are both too good to allow that to be a formula for success. It's an interesting idea that may work for a quarter or two, but as an outlook on an NBA series? Maybe if there was a clear-cut advantage at every other position, but it's not that easy. Benches will factor in huge in this series, as will the play of the front-courts.

Back
Top Bottom