OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Weren't the Grizz holding out to try and get him to lower his demands too
laugh.gif

Yea, something like that. They were going to take the risk on letting him wait til he's a RFA just to see how much he was truly worth.

They got scared to do the same with Conley and Zbo and that's why they extended him so quickly, but without regards to knowing the value of the CBA. The good thing about extending Marc, DA and possibly OJ is that the new CBA could be in place meaning their contracts should come out cheaper.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Weren't the Grizz holding out to try and get him to lower his demands too
laugh.gif
In the fall of 2009 the Grizzlies were offering 5 years-$50 million to Rudy. Rudy was holding out for "Danny Granger money" so in the ball park of $65 million.

Fast forward to last summer. T'Wolves were ready to host Rudy but the Grizzlies called and said they would give him the max in order to avoid having to match a front loaded max offer from a team like the Nets (who knew they had little to no chance at LeBron).

All this happened when Heisley was saying he was going to match any and every offer for Rudy during the season. Heisley was much better off giving into Rudy's initial offer than waiting.

To be fair tho, at the time Rudy wasn't quite playing at a Granger level......

*Gets ready for BHZ's stones*

laugh.gif
"Danny Granger money."

A euphemism for any player who gets paid more than they're actually worth. Perfect for Rudy.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Proshares

I actually think they'll be better with Gay healthy next year. Mayo will be gone.

They succeeded because they were without Gay, they will not be better with him playing. i can put $$$$ on that.

nerd.gif
 I bet you won't.

Better yet, I know you won't. This is coming from the same guy who said the Grizzlies had no chance of making the playoffs after Rudy went down and they were not a good team.

Oh..and I think its safe to say the Grizz wouldn't be here if they traded OJ for McRoberts at the deadline. THAT'S what should be discussed, not if Rudy was on the damn roster.
laugh.gif
dont tell me what i wont do, i got money sun.

Rudy is not a good fit for that team. You think they will be able to repeat this next season? they will probably get a 1st round exit with Rudy in the lineup.

To be fair tho, at the time Rudy wasn't quite playing at a Granger level......

*Gets ready for BHZ's stones*
I won't argue that.
laugh.gif
 At the time, he was better.

Now, Rudy's better. Granger still can't even put the ball on the floor and is more of a shooter than anything. His offensive game is very limited.

dont tell me what i wont do, i got money sun.

Rudy is not a good fit for that team. You think they will be able to repeat this next season? they will probably get a 1st round exit with Rudy in the lineup. 

Put your money where your mouth is
grin.gif

Now, Rudy's better. Granger still can't even put the ball on the floor and is more of a shooter than anything. His offensive game is very limited.
laugh.gif

Gay finally caught up this season, but no, he is not better. About the same. Good second options.

OhSnaps

was that the niketalker who said he would blow someone for a pair of true blue 3's?
roll.gif
sick.gif
 i bet half the dudes in the general and showcase section of niketalk are in the closet
laugh.gif

yea thats him, he also recently made a friend in jail the other night
laugh.gif

roll.gif
that was him too?? then he said he forgot his new friend's name. typical one night stand
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Gay finally caught up this season, but no, he is not better. About the same. Good second options.
Bhz bout to splode.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Bhz bout to splode.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I actually think they'll be better with Gay healthy next year. Mayo will be gone.

They succeeded because they were without Gay, they will not be better with him playing. i can put $$$$ on that.
Oh yea, because the 17-7 they were since 1/2 until he got injured was a real fluke.  If you're still on this same name, I'll put a $50 bet that they'll finish with a better seed and win a series in the playoffs if Gay is healthy and playing.

So the Grizz paid Rudy, Conley, Z-Bo, TA, and is expected to pay Gasol, Arthur, and Mayo?

I'm not in front of a computer but how much does that project to? Would that projection also be pre or post CBA?

Originally Posted by Statis22

So the Grizz paid Rudy, Conley, Z-Bo, TA, and is expected to pay Gasol, Arthur, and Mayo?

I'm not in front of a computer but how much does that project to? Would that projection also be pre or post CBA?
Grizzlies will definitely (over)pay Gasol. Juice is moving, either this summer or next. DA will depend on the market.

Team salary will probably be around $68-72 million range.

I swear that gets asked every week and BHZ responds with a long explanation each time that it is possible. If the owner is willing to and there is no hard cap, then why not? And DA and Mayo are still under contract anyways. If Battier agrees to a pay cut and gets TA money, props to the Grizz.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom