OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Incredibly random but I came across/remembered this commercial and figured to post it, had some
laugh.gif
moments
"They don't even call me Dwight no more, everyone call me Superman" .... KG: "Imma call your %!* Dwight"
laugh.gif

Also, Durant listing all the things he has in that backpack
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Throughout all this, the C's walking off the court after the game has gone pretty unmentioned. 
and now it's reported KG and Pierce ducked out on the media.
laugh.gif
. suddenly, it's not all that important.

I know yall are on yall everybody hates LeBron thing right now but can we at least wait until tomorrow .. I'm sure it'll be brought up on ESPN tomorrow.

Props to the Heat for closing out the Celts. Those last 5 minutes I figured they'd choke in a close game but just like game 4 in OT after that Jones 3 all the momentum just swung their way.

Grizz on the other hand just didn't have the energy. Hope the series goes 7.

"You didn't go commando on game days to get your self ready"-McHale
"Nooooo"-Kenny and Charles

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Why? If they lose in the finals people will still clown.  
I do agree dirk's chances are getting slim
Exactly. Only way they don't get clowned is if they win it all.
Which is quite frankly pathetic.

Everyone wrote us off at the beginning of the season. Everyone at the beginning of the playoffs wrote us off again. So, we win two series in convincing fashion, and oh wait now all of the sudden we should win it all and if we don't we're clowns?

According to yall, we had no business being here, and now just because we beat the defending champs we're clowns if we don't win it all...

Yall sound like the clowns to me...
eyes.gif

Kinda sickening the 180° flip a lot of people have about the Mavericks. No one gave two licks about this team the ENTIRE year, including fans like Nowitness, but now all the sudden they start winning and now people want to jump back on our backs again? "When we were supposed to lose by Portland, and DEFINITELY lose to LA."

Yawn, give me a break. The Mavericks go as far as they can, the other teams are no slouch, this is the NBA Playoffs, you don't get towards the Conference Finals by a fluke. Each team that makes it there, deserved it, and should all be equally considered a threat to win the title, there ain't no damn clowns no where except in here who think that the Mavericks of all teams are now the God-given favorites?

Break me off a piece of that kit-kat bar, and give me a break.
30t6p3b.gif
I didn't say the Mavs would be clowns if they didn't win it all I said they would get clowned if they don't. I think you should know the difference between a label and an action but apparently you do not.

Props for dominating a Lakers team I was waiting for 3 years to see get exposed.

I'm still not confident yall are the real deal or have broken out completely of the label as chokers yall earned with years of coming up short. I still believe in what I said about the Mavs and Dirk before the season began and only a championship is gonna change that. This is second time yall have gotten this close in like 11 years right? Excuse me if I don't have confidence nor the faith in a team I'm not a fan of like you do.

I didn't say the Mavs would be clowns if they didn't win it all I said they would get clowned if they don't.

But by that assumption, they'd be clowns if they didn't win because they got "clowned," yes?

You wanna say you don't have confidence in us, that's fine, more power to you. But to say you should expect something out of us, and maybe that's not what you're saying, but then we would get "clowned," if we don't win.

No one expected us to win.

No one expected us to beat Portland, or LA, and they won't expect us to beat OKC or Memphis. That's cool, whatever.

Ain't no chokers this year though.

And definitely not Dirk. You want to label the rest of the team as that, be my guest, but not Dirk. One year, one exception.

^ actually yall seem to be the favorites to come out of the west as of now (at least from what i've heard/read)

granted bill simmons said in one of his latest podcast (i think it was the marc stein one), that we were the most talented.. and pointed out our issues

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ actually yall seem to be the favorites to come out of the west as of now (at least from what i've heard/read)
I doubt it. If we are, only because we  beat the Lakers so somehow we are now the champions/favorites/whatever, which is a load of bullcrap IMO.
laugh.gif

^ still 'now' the favs.. going in, of course not.. but things change over a couple weeks

I didn't say the Mavs would be clowns if they didn't win it all I said they would get clowned if they don't.
But by that assumption, they'd be clowns if they didn't win because they got "clowned," yes?

No. Being clowned on is the same as being made fun of, ppl making jokes about *insert topic/subject*. When ppl make fun of you or clown you it does not make you a clown. Being labeled a clown in this context has the negative connotation of %$**%#@ like behavior. If the Mavs don't win it all and they get clowned for losing they won't be clowns, they'll be losers.
You wanna say you don't have confidence in us, that's fine, more power to you. But to say you should expect something out of us, and maybe that's not what you're saying, but then we would get "clowned," if we don't win.
I don't get what's so complicated or hard to understand. The Mavs are a good team, that consistently make the playoffs but always come up short when it comes to winning it all. You also have the  added label of being choke artists. So despite being a good team it is no surprise if the Mavs lose cuz first thing that comes to mind is "It's the Mavs"
No one expected us to win.

No one expected us to beat Portland, or LA, and they won't expect us to beat OKC or Memphis. That's cool, whatever.
No one expected you to win despite being a good team and on the hunch that the changed culture of the Mavs being a soft team didn't hold true. PPL expected you to lose to POR because that would've been the upset and yall would've played the role of being choke artists because if you tell someone who didn't watch the series had yall lost they would've assumed you choked more so than giving most of the credit to the Blazers like that 20+pt comeback game they had.

No one expected you to beat the Lakers because they're the defending champs (despite not being that strong of a championship caliber team imo) and well it's the Mavs. You're right about WCF too, I expect the winner of OKC/MEM to beat yall.

It's not like the Mavs aren't a good team, it's just you don't have a reputation of being able to win it all and that's not cuz the other teams in the playoffs do it's just that they don't have that label of being choke artists.
Ain't no chokers this year though.

And definitely not Dirk. You want to label the rest of the team as that, be my guest, but not Dirk. One year, one exception.
If you say so but there is no exception, ppl aren't going to just gonna forget or give that one year a pass. If the Mavs win it all the story will be dealing a lot with bringing up 2006.

Actually, what are you giving Dirk a pass for? Losing in the finals or losing against the Warriors?

I doubt it. If we are, only because we  beat the Lakers so somehow we are now the champions/favorites/whatever, which is a load of bullcrap IMO.
laugh.gif
Actually from a team stand point you are. Yall got bigs, a bench, and a superstar, and even some experience compared to the other young teams left.

Thing is I can see the refs givng Durant, Rose, LBJ/Wade that special treatment if you faced any of them. With Mem I just think they'd flat out beat you.

laugh.gif
The Mavericks would 100% be the favorites, according to Vegas odds.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

hope to see OKC in the finals even though i want Dirk to win a championship.

I friggin hope OKC wins the title
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I picked 6 teams to win it all, and only have Chi, Mia, OKC alive...... threw 20 on +1600 OKC  
eek.gif
eek.gif
I could be winning some good money for once
laugh.gif
took +425 Chi and +270 Mia sooooo I hope one of those 3 win, but mainly OKC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^I think I might have put money on Portland to take that first round series
embarassed.gif

Congrats to Miami for beating Boston, I did not think they would get past them when the season started. 

And KG not talkin to the media at all. 
30t6p3b.gif

And
roll.gif
at Boston fans yappin "at least we went out with heart" or some @#$%. 

JA gonna be in for a very fun ride if he does indeed face OKC next round.  All that arguin about them before the playoffs. 
laugh.gif
  But lil early, Memphis ain't done yet.  Worry about that next week when we know for sure. 

^On Gametime Mchale said "The Celtics have the heart of a champion they will not die, not like those cream puffs in LA"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I dont get how they didnt go out with heart. They dangled in every game and kept fighting back with all those injuries and didnt get blown out unlike the Lakers who have more superior talent

Back
Top Bottom